Comments

• 311 is good summer music by the pool. pretty good workout music too,... id like to see them live.

definately good workout music.

most tours are in the summer. i definately recommend hitting one up this summer if given the chance.
    Oh he fills it up with the love of a girl...
  • Just out today from the 311 camp:

"311 SUMMER UNITY TOUR is confirmed!!!
    LATE JUNE - LATE AUGUST.
    With special guest MATISYAHU (and another act soon to be announced).
    More info coming soon!!

A new Happenings page with full tour details and an announcment of the 3-11 Day Contest Winners will be uploaded soon at 311.com (hopefully by late next week, when we have more tour information).

With this annoucement, we just wanted to let you know the Summer Unity Tour soon returns!!
    311 & Matisyahu!! A summer celebration not to be missed!!

A number of tour details are still being wrapped up at this time, so please be patient for dates, cities and venues. It's all in the works!!

Alert: Kansas City (6/29 Westport ) and Omaha (7/1 Westfair Amphitheatre) are going on sale first. The Pre-Sale looks to be next Thursday, April 12 at 311.com. The Tour Dates page at 311.com will be updated as soon as details are fully known. (we expect most other shows to go on sale later in April or May).

So keep on your toes and stay tuned.
    311 Summer Unity Tour ahead....the adventure continues!!!"
  • mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    Good band, my only beef with them is all their albums are pretty much a really slow progression of the last album. Sometimes not even that. Amazing musicians though.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • 311 summer tour '07 thusfar has been amazing...

Boston was tight.
    - Large in the Margin
    - Wake Your Mind Up
    - DLMD
    - Omaha Stylee

SPAC was energized with a decent set list.
    - Sick Tight
    - Running
    - Down (the best version I have ever seen)

I wish I was going to more shows
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    311 summer tour '07 thusfar has been amazing...

Boston was tight.
    - Large in the Margin
    - Wake Your Mind Up
    - DLMD
    - Omaha Stylee

SPAC was energized with a decent set list.
    - Sick Tight
    - Running
    - Down (the best version I have ever seen)

I wish I was going to more shows
    I am going to Columbus on August 2nd. First time to ever see them. I am FUCKING PUMPED!!
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    I have to choose between seeing 311 or the smashing pumpkins at the virgin festival. I have no idea what to do.
  • 311! "Brian likes 311! 311 is his favorite band!!"
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Any 311 fans out there?

I saw them in concert for the first time this year in Saratoga Springs and they were amazing.

You got to come original...

Yes i am fan and i have seen them live once.
    it was a good show, i see them again on Saturday.
    Wooooowhooooooooo.

I am partial to the song Random!!
    "You are a furry thing....you me me you its all related"
  • Anyone going to 311 Day in New Orleans?

That place is going to be hopping and jumping all night long.

I CAN'T WAIT!!
  • Anyone going to 311 Day in New Orleans?

That place is going to be hopping and jumping all night long.

I CAN'T WAIT!!

I want to. I always said I would do that.

I've seen them about 3 times, each time gets better.
    Last time I saw them was for Omaha's Bicentennial at Memorial Park....never seen a crowd quite that big before....I was way back and still felt the energy. Great live band.
    "It's all happening"
  • I want to. I always said I would do that.

I've seen them about 3 times, each time gets better.
    Last time I saw them was for Omaha's Bicentennial at Memorial Park....never seen a crowd quite that big before....I was way back and still felt the energy. Great live band.

If the opportunity arises to go, take it. It is going to be phenomenal.

They have gotten better each time I have seen them too.

They have to play Long for the Flowers!
  • If the opportunity arises to go, take it. It is going to be phenomenal.

They have gotten better each time I have seen them too.

They have to play Long for the Flowers!

is the 3-11 day concert always in New Orleans? I have the DVD from a few years ago. I didn't know if they changed around cities each time or not.
    "It's all happening"
  • is the 3-11 day concert always in New Orleans? I have the DVD from a few years ago. I didn't know if they changed around cities each time or not.

It has been in New Orleans before, but it was also in Memphis once.
  • It has been in New Orleans before, but it was also in Memphis once.

Every 311 day has been in new orleans, except for the year after Hurricane Katrina. They tried to schedule it there, but the arena would not be ready.
  • Every 311 day has been in new orleans, except for the year after Hurricane Katrina. They tried to schedule it there, but the arena would not be ready.

Exactly, it was in Memphis that year (2006).
  • i've met Tim Mahoney numerous times back in 2003-2004. Super nice guy.
    "It's all happening"
  • i've met Tim Mahoney numerous times back in 2003-2004. Super nice guy.

Damn, miT is badass on the guitar.

That is fuckin' cool as hell.
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Damn, miT is badass on the guitar.

That is fuckin' cool as hell.
    311 mini tour starts the 22nd. Anyone going to a show. I am going to Columbus for my first 311 experience..
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    There was a rumor that Peanut got beat-up/jumped behind the civic center in Tallahassee, FL back in 199? and they vowed to never play here again- but they're coming back in March, interesting....
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I used to really like 311. I saw them live before they ever broke it big at an amusement park in Kansas City in like 1995. They're still pretty big in KC. They're kind of considered a local band even though they're from Omaha.
  • dirtyT wrote:
    311 mini tour starts the 22nd. Anyone going to a show. I am going to Columbus for my first 311 experience..

Columbus had a sick opener in Off Beat Bareass. Hope you enjoyed it. They are a hell of a live band. They pack a lot of energy into a two hour show.

I hit up 311 Day in New Orleans and the Burlington show.

If given the opportunity hit them up again this summer when they travel the country playing in a bunch of ampitheaters. 311 and warm summer nights good real good together.

They are fuckin' amazing because they tour non-stop. With them it is all about the fans. Kinda like PJ :)
  • gabers wrote:
    I used to really like 311. I saw them live before they ever broke it big at an amusement park in Kansas City in like 1995. They're still pretty big in KC. They're kind of considered a local band even though they're from Omaha.

Check them out again. You won't be disappointed, I promise :)
  • Yep definitely have a lot of love for 311. Seen them live 3 times, twice in Cleveland, once in Columbus. Missed their recent show in Columbus because of finals/spring break, but their summer shows have been a highlight of my summers for the past 3 years. Haven't been to a much more fun concert with better energy or vibe
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
  • Yep definitely have a lot of love for 311. Seen them live 3 times, twice in Cleveland, once in Columbus. Missed their recent show in Columbus because of finals/spring break, but their summer shows have been a highlight of my summers for the past 3 years. Haven't been to a much more fun concert with better energy or vibe

Most definately true, but tough break on the schedule.

My Spring Break was with 311 in New Orleans and it rocked.

Got to love the funk...
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    I saw 311 back in 1995. They were an excellent band then and put on a fantastic show.

I don't know what to make of them now, but they still tour and make records. They must have something good going on.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i dont listen to them much anymore, but back in high school i used to see them every time they came around. something like 7 or 8 times. they are so fun to see live and they give a lot of energy in their shows. plus, they always change up their setlist which i think is a big plus.
  • rhinomagic wrote:
    I saw 311 back in 1995. They were an excellent band then and put on a fantastic show.

I don't know what to make of them now, but they still tour and make records. They must have something good going on.

They have some of the best and most loyal fans in music because they continually tour and produce new material.

I never saw them back in 1995, but I can tell you that they have been phenomenal the last few years. Check them out this summer if given the chance. It will definately be an great experience.
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    I like 311 as much as humanly possible, but I hate 311 concerts because they are a magnet for moshing high-school douchebags.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • I like 311 as much as humanly possible, but I hate 311 concerts because they are a magnet for moshing high-school douchebags.

Move ten feet either way out of the center of the pit and it is perfectly fine. I have been in many pits and I stay clear of those moshing high school douchebags, haha.

You're right though, they are fuckin annoying. I think if somebody just laid one of them out with one punch, it would all calm down...haha
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    Move ten feet either way out of the center of the pit and it is perfectly fine. I have been in many pits and I stay clear of those moshing high school douchebags, haha.

You're right though, they are fuckin annoying. I think if somebody just laid one of them out with one punch, it would all calm down...haha

Sometimes you can't help but get knocked over when those kiddos are headed to the stage so they can mosh, no matter where you're standing. Last time I saw them in Des Moines and it was a small venue, so it was tough to get away from it at all.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.