Carry On

2»

Comments

• reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
    intodeep wrote:
    so he is putting the billie jean cover on the album?

that may be all i need to know in order to not buy this album.

I think it can be a little lame for bands to put covers on their albums. Unless it is a particularly obscure cover or it is on a live album.

this seems like a way to have a sure fire radio hit.

Yeah, covers suck, right? Who would put a cover tune of a well known song on an album? ........ Well there is Jimi Hendrix, Neil Young, Robert Plant, David Bowie off the top of my head. But those guys all suck, right? I'm just glad that I don't have mental barriers that needlessly don't allow me to enjoy music or anything else for that matter.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Yeah, covers suck, right? Who would put a cover tune of a well known song on an album? ........ Well there is Jimi Hendrix, Neil Young, Robert Plant, David Bowie off the top of my head. But those guys all suck, right? I'm just glad that I don't have mental barriers that needlessly don't allow me to enjoy music or anything else for that matter.
    His Billie Jean is quite good too. (though I haven't heard the album version).
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    The Billie Jean cover is great and i'm glad he put this on the album. The more i listen to carry on the more songs seem to grow on me. Defo buying it.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    I have heard roughly half the songs on the album now:

Safe and Sound-I like but the chorus is eh

Arms Around Your Love-very poppy...it doesnt offend me but I dont know if I like it yet

Scar on the Sky-Sounds like itll be good, though the acoustic live version is different than the studio version apparently

No Such Thing-not too mindblowing a song from Cornell...not to say it isnt bad, but why he released this as the single as if it was a standout track is beyond me

You Know My Name-Havent heard this one too much but remember thinking it was pretty good

She'll Never Be Your Man-I don't remember much from this song besides that I really liked it, or at least more so than the other songs

Your Soul Today-Now this song I dig. Catchy without being too poppy and just a really well written tune. I hope some of the ones I haven't heard are on par with this.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Maybe it's just novelty but all my favourites are songs I hadn't heard until I got the full album for review. Disappearing Act is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard from Chris or anyone, sort of has a Rufus Wainwright-ish feel. And I love Killing Birds (which he's just added to the setlists I think) and Ghosts. Silence the Voices is a deeply weird thing. A touch of Rush there. And one of the UK bonus tracks, Today, is all a bit Prince and wold be a huge hit if it was a single I think.
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Clare all those songs you mentioned are my favourites too, particularly Disappearing Act and Ghosts - amazing songs.

On a side note, I know you are waiting to get your interview with Chris published before you share it with us, but could you tell us what the whole experience was like?! Have you ever met him before? I would probably be shitting myself if I was sitting there face to face with him, lol!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I would probably be shitting myself if I was sitting there face to face with him, lol!
    You'd probably be having a laugh with him! :D
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    redrock wrote:
    You'd probably be having a laugh with him! :D

lol, who knows?! don't they always say you should never meet your idols? seems like you got on ok with him though!! he better be there on the 18th!