I so totally found Alice In Chains

2»

Comments

• Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    I got into Tripod because I really liked the songs from it I heard on Unplugged. So I'd say get Unplugged, and if you like tracks like Frogs and Sludge Factory, get Tripod.
  • The first AiC Album I got was Facelift 6 years ago when I was 12....best decision EVER! They are my top EVER favorite band....EVER
  • aic love right here. esp jar of flies/sap.

check out mad season as well dude
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Duder5k wrote:
    I got into Tripod because I really liked the songs from it I heard on Unplugged. So I'd say get Unplugged, and if you like tracks like Frogs and Sludge Factory, get Tripod.
    does anyone else prefer the unplugged Sludge Factory? although it is missing the awesome spoken word part.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • intodeep wrote:
    you really need to pick up Facelift when you have the extra Cash. Some real rockers on there besides the obvious man in the box. You get It Ain't Like That, Love Hate Love, Blead the Freak, Sea of Sorrow, & Confusion... yeah basicallly the whole album rocks.

I did not even mention we die young, sunshine, real thing... yep they all kick ass.

Yes, you must get facelift. as this guy mentioned you can't go wrong.
    glad you mentioned sunshine, love it.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    mammasan wrote:
    I don't know if I could go to an AIC concert. It just doesn't seem right without Layne.

i saw them twice with duvall. the first one at a bar type place, audio wasn't amazing but they still kicked fucking ass. then i saw them at nokia theatre in NYC, that concert was alot better. they played 23 songs, had a small 4 or 5 song acoustic bit with nice dim lighting, and of course the layne tribute vid. that layne vid almost brought me to tears, trust me its fine seeing them now, and duvall is great. even skeptical fans came out of the show saying "atleast he didn't try to imitate layne completely" they seemed to have respect for him.

oh and williams extra guitar playing adds to the live experience that aic never had. (minus angry chair and hate to feel) and grind live is fucking amazing.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09