Counting Crows

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited March 2008 in Other Music
what was the first single from Recovering The Satellites? i can't seem to remember. i know the video was a live performance.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    I think it was 'Angels of the Silences'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_iOh0p9n4Y
  • I was a huge fan of theirs after AAEA and Recovering the Satellites, but then there were only a few songs on the following albums that really caught my attention...

HOWEVER, I am really interested to see what they have up their sleeve now after hearing waht is reportedly going to be the first single off of their new album...

http://www.myspace.com/saturdaynightssundaymornings

Sounds like something off of Recovering...
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    Yeap, it was Angels of the Silences.
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • OttOtt Posts: 403
    I consider myself a huge fan, but I always assumed it was Mr Jones.

Ott
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Ott wrote:
    I consider myself a huge fan, but I always assumed it was Mr Jones.

Ott

That was the first single from "August and Everything After" which was their debut album.

He was asking about "Recovering the Satellites" which was the second album.
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    NakedClown wrote:
    I was a huge fan of theirs after AAEA and Recovering the Satellites, but then there were only a few songs on the following albums that really caught my attention...

HOWEVER, I am really interested to see what they have up their sleeve now after hearing waht is reportedly going to be the first single off of their new album...

Wow, this song is really solid. I'm with you on the older albums, August and Everything After is one of my favorite albums ever. Recovering the Satellites was great too.......the other albums are okay but this new song reminds me a lot of the older stuff.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    mwilmot4 wrote:
    I think it was 'Angels of the Silences'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_iOh0p9n4Y
    man, that's a good song. thanks. bringing back some memories.
  • NakedClown wrote:
    I was a huge fan of theirs after AAEA and Recovering the Satellites, but then there were only a few songs on the following albums that really caught my attention...

Bring on the new album!

I love that.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • NakedClown wrote:

I'm totally with you, their first two albums were excellent, then it all got a bit weird. New tune sounds very promising though!
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    NakedClown wrote:

odd, i never cared for angels of the silences, but the 2 albums after i thought were very good.
  • OttOtt Posts: 403
    That was the first single from "August and Everything After" which was their debut album.

He was asking about "Recovering the Satellites" which was the second album.
    True that. Huge fan, lazy thread reader.

Ott
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    I passed this thread without hearing that song at first. Good thing I revisited it. You always hear about fans wanting bands to revert back, i.e. Radiohead making another The Bends, I wonder if they do revert back, how would it collectively be seen. I know I haven't gave them a chance since Recovering, in fact Accidentally in Love makes me more angry than any other song ever.
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • btb002 wrote:
    I passed this thread without hearing that song at first. Good thing I revisited it. You always hear about fans wanting bands to revert back, i.e. Radiohead making another The Bends, I wonder if they do revert back, how would it collectively be seen. I know I haven't gave them a chance since Recovering, in fact Accidentally in Love makes me more angry than any other song ever.

I love all of their material, actually. Didn't love Accidentally in Love, but who cares, it was for a cartoon. All the albums are great.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Counting Crows are great...and Amazing Live. Adam Duritz sings with a bunch of emotion and they are tight musically. I enjoy all of their albums, Accidentally in Love was their only song that I hate. Big Yellow Taxi was a cheesy cover that I put in the same class as Last Kiss.

I can't wait for their next album.
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Nijmegen 2007
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    btb002 wrote:
    ...in fact Accidentally in Love makes me more angry than any other song ever.
    *cough cough big yellow taxi cough*

first two albums are amazing, but why no love for desert life!?! :eek: sure it has a different feel to it but it's a great great record, very underrated
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
    itsevobaby wrote:
    *cough cough big yellow taxi cough*

first two albums are amazing, but why no love for desert life!?! :eek: sure it has a different feel to it but it's a great great record, very underrated

i like that album a lot. mrs' potter, hanginaround, st robinson and his cadlillac dream... great tunes.

but you're right, big yellow taxi and accidentally in love are two of the most annoying radio hits of the last 10 years.
  • i like that album a lot. mrs' potter, hanginaround, st robinson and his cadlillac dream... great tunes.

but you're right, big yellow taxi and accidentally in love are two of the most annoying radio hits of the last 10 years.

And yet I think Hard Candy was a great album as well. I can't honestly see why people don't think that every CC album is excellent.

• I used to think that they were a good solid band, but then saw them live and was blown away and have since hunted down everything that they have released. Anyone heard the Shim Sham Shows - some great fun covers on those.
    Awesome that they actually released the song August & Everything After as a b-side as few years back - love it
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    And yet I think Hard Candy was a great album as well. I can't honestly see why people don't think that every CC album is excellent.
    yeah you're right harmless...good time, american girls, MIAMI!!, richard manuel, up all night, holiday in spain, they're all grade 'A' c.crows
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
    itsevobaby wrote:
    yeah you're right harmless...good time, american girls, MIAMI!!, richard manuel, up all night, holiday in spain, they're all grade 'A' c.crows

i liked that album as well. i kinda fell out with them recently becos i saw them live 2 summer ago and they were AWFUL. one of the worst live performances i'd ever seen. it was sad. esp becos i saw them about 4-5 years before that and they were fantastic. but i guess they sucked that whole tour from what i hear.
    i liked that album as well. i kinda fell out with them recently becos i saw them live 2 summer ago and they were AWFUL. one of the worst live performances i'd ever seen. it was sad. esp becos i saw them about 4-5 years before that and they were fantastic. but i guess they sucked that whole tour from what i hear.
    the one & only time i've seen them was on their hard candy tour, must've been 02/03? it was one of the last shows on the tour & we'd heard that adam's throat was nearly gone so we weren't expecting much but they blew us away....and adam was at the top of his lungs all night, not holding anything back. one of the best shows i've been to :)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
    bm12music wrote:
    I used to think that they were a good solid band, but then saw them live and was blown away and have since hunted down everything that they have released. Anyone heard the Shim Sham Shows - some great fun covers on those.
    Awesome that they actually released the song August & Everything After as a b-side as few years back - love it
    were you at the auckland show few years ago at the civic? that was just magic
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • itsevobaby wrote:
    were you at the auckland show few years ago at the civic? that was just magic

It sure was, that show turned me into a real big fan - gotta love the Civic too, what a great venue to watch a gig.

I had tickets to Massive Attack who we're supposed to play the same night across the road at the St James and I couldn't decide which show to go to - luckily Massive Attack cancelled and the decision was made for me!
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    New album?! About damn time! This better be in the league of "This Desert Life" as long as they've taken.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    bm12music wrote:
    It sure was, that show turned me into a real big fan - gotta love the Civic too, what a great venue to watch a gig.

I had tickets to Massive Attack who we're supposed to play the same night across the road at the St James and I couldn't decide which show to go to - luckily Massive Attack cancelled and the decision was made for me!
    the civic was part of what made it so special, that venue is awesome! especially when you look up to that ceiling :)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
    drivingrl wrote:
    New album?! About damn time! This better be in the league of "This Desert Life" as long as they've taken.
    apparently it's not like a normal counting crows album....split into two parts, 'saturday nights' is the more rocky up-beat songs & 'sunday morning' is the mellower side, supposedly a bit country/folky. really looking forward to this :D
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • itsevobaby wrote:

Wow, amazing. I've actually lost my album, I need to buy it again. Don't suppose you know where I could download it free do you?

• gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Counting Crows are one of the great bands to come out of the 90's (that are still active). I've seen them live twice and was disappointed both times, which is surprising, because they seem like they'd be a great live band. The band changes up the way they sing many of their songs and I don't care for it. At least when I saw them perform they did.
  • gabers wrote:
    Counting Crows are one of the great bands to come out of the 90's (that are still active). I've seen them live twice and was disappointed both times, which is surprising, because they seem like they'd be a great live band. The band changes up the way they sing many of their songs and I don't care for it. At least when I saw them perform they did.

Yep; they always do that. I've seen 'em twice and they did both times. I like it - nothing's the same twice - but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

• All the crows albums have been brillant in my eyes anyway, gotta say this desert life is my favourite, seen them live 4 times and they were amazing each time roll on the new album. Cowboys just sounds great