Bass guitar players READ!!!

2»

Comments

• once again - new order

bassist is all over the stage, NEVER in the back. he's swapping sides, down by the crowd, out in the wings, totally the opposite of what the thread starter is on about
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Se&#241 wrote: »
    Jeff Ament
    John Paul Jones
    John Entwistle
    Robert Trujillo
    Nikki Sixx
    flea
    tim commerford
    krist noveselic
    roger waters
    colin greenwood
    ben shepard...

anyway..

bass is the spine and legs of a band..

without one things fall apart; especially in a band that does a lot of lead work. It's a foundation. Bass isn't usually about doing fancy les claypool stuff.

bands based around the bass player are sometimes.. (like claypool :p )
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Chilliman wrote:
    Simple, the bass is the instrument that requires the least skill to play, there really just guitarist who couldn't make it!

Limp Biscuit Rule!!!

everything in this post is sooooo wrong. ESPECIALLY the last part.....

any of the bassists from jethro tull, especially the one who recorded aqualung, i cant remember his name cause there has been like 100 memebers in that band!

les is awesome, what he does with the instrument is like what hendrix did with an electric guitar. no one else plays like him....

flea is a funk bassist, he's good cause he's in the chilli's, but im sure there are 100's of other funk bassist that no one knows about who are better.

the bass is always there. you just really have to listen for it to appriciate it.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • capybaraletcapybaralet Posts: 145
    Ok, now. I just have one simple question: why are bass guitarists always set in the "back" of the show, almost NEVER get a solo in a song, and are just thought of as an accessorie? just someone please post to this and keep it going. Thanks.

'cause they totally are! Bass players are even more replaceable than drummers..... think of Jimi Hendrix picking Noel Redding for LOOKING LIKE BOB DYLAN

I'm jest kidding btw! I just think it's funny how much shit bass players seem to get... A lot of times people think bass is frickin easy ( a lot of times it is... like guitar without chords or solos) but theres no reason not to do interesting hard stuff with bass and great bassists are every bit as awesome and impressive as good guitarists and stuff.....

Guitars basically have the solo market corneres, and when you've already got two guys and a drumset, there's just not much spotlight left for the poor bass player. :(
    everything=3

2-1-0

4-3-2-1-0
    2---2--3---3--2----1

2-2-2-3-3-3-2-2-0

M
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Where is all the Cliff Burton love? That guy was wicked bad ass. Easily one of the best of ALL time...
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Wheres the John Paul Jones love?? He is my favorite bassist of all time, The Lemon Song? What is and What Should Never Be? Fan-fucking-tastic, and to keep up with Page has to be a talent in its own right.
    32 shows and counting...