Siamese Dream

2»

Comments

• darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Wow, such an AMAZING album!! Good to see lots of love for it!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    i love this cd but i'll have to go with mellon collie as my favorite- i just love double disks and this album has a lot of classics.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    In fact, there is a new pumpkins fan site up at:

http://www.thepumpkins.net

And they have a bunch of free downloads on there, including the entire Siamese Dream album live... yeah, it's pretty fucking cool!!! They also have Machina II (their last album only spread via the internet); a couple of bootlegs (soundboard recordings); the Mashed Potatoes boxed set; and tons, no really TONS of demos!!!

Long live the PUMPKINS!!!!

Cool site! Thanks for posting it. I am starting to get excited about a new Pumpkins album.
    Brian
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I've been on a huge Pumpkins kick this past week. I visited http://www.thepumpkins.net and downloaded Siamese Dream Live (which is what I'm listening to now) and some other stuff. I'm ready for a new Pumpkins album. Good to see another world-class band back and making good music like Pearl Jam is.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Dream is one of the better breakthrough albums in rock, but I think Mellon Collie is superior in almost every way...lyrically, songs like like Muzzle and Ode To No One destroy Today or Rocket. The riffs on MC are way better than almost anything on Dream with the exception of Geek USA. Also, Corgan's overall musical talent comes through a lot better on MC. I think that's his finest work. And after that album, they were never the same. They never got back to anything that sounded like Dream, and they never got sucky. I hope he can complete a new album with whoever he's working with right now. I don't really care whether he calls the band Smashing Pumpkins or not...Corgan IS Smashing Pumpkins, and he still has the potential to come out with something excellent.
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    danny72688 wrote:
    Cherub Rock will kick your ass. It bitch slapped me harder than Smells Like Teen Spirit.

so true.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Goddamn this fucking album is brilliant. I'm so hooked on Geek U.S.A. Pure brilliance. The solos on this album are just jaw dropping. I heart Siamese Dream :D Especially right now :)
  • CageyCagey Posts: 220
    It's the only Pumpkins album I could listen to right through, though, I haven't done that in years.
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Siamese Dream is an absolutely perfect rock album. I'd rate it in my top five top favorite all time albums.

Siamese Dream>Melon Collie>Pisces Iscariot>Adore>Gish>Machina

That's my opinion.
  • I really like a lot Siamese Dream, it's a great album.
    But I simply love Mellon Collie and The Infinite Sadness. My favorite album ever. For me it's perfect.
    Hey I, ooooooohhh, I'm still ALIIIIIVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gabers wrote:
    Siamese Dream is an absolutely perfect rock album. I'd rate it in my top five top favorite all time albums.

Siamese Dream>Melon Collie>Pisces Iscariot>Adore>Gish>Machina

That's my opinion.
    You put Gish over Machina? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    You put Gish over Machina? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Gish> Siamese Dream> Mellon> Adore> Pisces> Machina
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787

Yee. But I'd be willing to reconsider. Sell me! My picks really start to peter out at the end.
  • I cannot possibly pick a favorite. All I can say is Gish is at the bottom (Corgan really started writing like a man possessed with Siamese Dream).

Machina is incredible and has some of the greatest b-sides of any album ever recorded.

It's just like Pearl Jam for me...

I'll never be able to pick a favorite unless you ask me "what's your favorite today?" which would depend on my mood of course.

And also like Pearl Jam because I can say with confidence that although still terrific, the first release was the worst of the bunch - no contest. :rolleyes:

"Make our day"
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    mayonaise for the win
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • pjrvm wrote:
    Is this anyone else's favorite non-PJ album?
    I think it's fantastic. Easily The Smashing Pumpkins' (my second fav band) best work.
    Anyone?

Mayonaise is a perfect song.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • lgtlgt Posts: 720
    you know music you listen to and you can almost SMELL a different time in your life? like you listen to it and it just brings you back to a certain time?

this album reminds me of driving to the retirement home i waited tables at in 11th grade like you wouldn't believe...hummer is definitely a top 10 all time song for me.

thanks for the memory

Same for me! :)

Reminds of Easter break when I was given this CD from a college friend of mine. I listened to it continuously for a whole month.

Loved - and still do! - Siamese Dreams but not anything else of the Smashing Pumpkins, after or before, really.
  • lgt wrote:
    Siamese Dreams but not anything else of the Smashing Pumpkins, after or before, really.
    you people just don't give anything different a chance do you ? :rolleyes:

"Make our day"
  • lgt wrote:
    Loved - and still do! - Siamese Dreams but not anything else of the Smashing Pumpkins, after or before, really.

Um... Ever heard Zero or Bullet with Butterfly Wings? 1979??? Just some popular tracks from a superb double disc set known as Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Give that one a chance. Gish had to grow on me. MACHINA is good, but I definitely have to be in the mood for it. Don't have Adore, but my friends hate it. Then again they hate PJ so what do they know?
  • danny72688 wrote:
    Um... Ever heard Zero or Bullet with Butterfly Wings? 1979??? Just some popular tracks from a superb double disc set known as Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Give that one a chance. Gish had to grow on me. MACHINA is good, but I definitely have to be in the mood for it. Don't have Adore, but my friends hate it. Then again they hate PJ so what do they know?
    They don't know shit.

I take personal offense at any Pumpkins' "fan" who doesn't like Adore. That's how much I love the album.

But I'll warn you, it's very very different.

"Make our day"
  • They don't know shit.

I take personal offense at any Pumpkins' "fan" who doesn't like Adore. That's how much I love the album.

But I'll warn you, it's very very different.

I like Eye from the Greatest Hits :) And Ava Adore caught me off guard one day - I was loving it, and did a double take. Perect is...well, I'll give it more chance. That's all I know though!

As far as MACHINA goes, I of course love The Everlasting Gaze, but I really like Raindrops + Sunshowers too :)
  • Adore is that kind of album that at first shocks. I heard it and I just wanted to throw it away. Then a month later I heard it again, and with time I started liking it very much. It's a beautiful album.
  • danny72688 wrote:
    I like Eye from the Greatest Hits :) And Ava Adore caught me off guard one day - I was loving it, and did a double take. Perect is...well, I'll give it more chance. That's all I know though!

As far as MACHINA goes, I of course love The Everlasting Gaze, but I really like Raindrops + Sunshowers too :)

About Perfect... I won't say that I don't like it, but if I had to make a list in order of preference of the songs in Adore, Perfect would probably be in the last ones.
  • Adore is that kind of album that at first shocks. I heard it and I just wanted to throw it away. Then a month later I heard it again, and with time I started liking it very much. It's a beautiful album.

So is Adore = No Code or Adore = Riot Act a good analogy? If so I'll be purchasing Adore.
  • Not mine, but Mayonaise and Hummer are spectacular
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • danny72688 wrote:
    So is Adore = No Code or Adore = Riot Act a good analogy? If so I'll be purchasing Adore.
    Pretty good analogy yeah, except this one is more hated by jerks.

Think if Pearl Jam released No Code directly after Ten or Vs. and if Boom (saying boom was around then ;) ) died of a heroin overdose in between causing Jack and Jeff to quit the band before they made No Code.

So like an extreme version of that analogy. Jimmy Chamberlin is Corgan's creative spark.. drives a lot of the Pumpkins' work to that ear-bleeding agression. What I meant by that analogy was think what Pearl Jam would be like if they made an album without a drummer and Jeff. Not nessecarily bad, but extremely different for sure.

My favorites are..

Ava Adore
    For Martha
    maybe Shame...

hard to choose, I really really love that album.

"Make our day"