Loll nextyear 2008...who will headline?

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
edited August 2007 in Other Music
what are you r guesses for Lolla headline slots next year?

I am guessing Smashing Pumkins
I think MMJ will get a top slot after this years awesome showing
Satelitte party- they were great!

who do you think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Smashing Pumpkins was also my original guess. I not a big Live Pumpkins fan, but that would be okay. I also thought about maybe the White Stripes.
  • Pumpkins + Someone else huge + a semi-huge band might equal the crowd for PJ.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Jesus
  • Some initial possibilities that enter my mind:

Chemical Brothers
    Nine Inch Nails
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Tool, or Rage.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Pink Floyd
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • not pj, so i wont be there. dont think my liver could handle it.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Pumpkins Tool or Rage.

All lolla vets all good choices.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    Radiohead without a doubt. Their new album comes out in 2008. They will headline.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    thunderDAN wrote:
    Radiohead without a doubt. Their new album comes out in 2008. They will headline.

good call that is another big one that could close it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,334
    thunderDAN wrote:
    yup, I think the same thing. Rage would be my other guess.
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    I'll go out on a big limb... Guns N Roses.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Foo Fighters
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    my first thought was the Smashing Pumpkins

I also thought that the Foos might get the nod as well....
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Ron Jeremy
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    thunderDAN wrote:

quote: good call that is another big one that could close it.

Yup, what they said. I'd put money on Radiohead
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    radiohead would be pretty cool. i could also see many of the names mentioned here, minus my morning jacket. they've played 2 years running now and i doubt they will come back. but who knows?
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    radiohead would be pretty cool. i could also see many of the names mentioned here, minus my morning jacket. they've played 2 years running now and i doubt they will come back. but who knows?

No offense, but My Morning Jacket isn't big enough to headline lollapalooza in my opinion. Maybe they could get to close on one of the early days, but their following simply isn't large enough to headline the whole festival IMO.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

haven't they played Bonnaroo like 5x in a row?

I hope it's not Foo Fighters. I really enjoyed this years Lollapalooza( even without Pearl Jam), Pearl Jam was the reason I went, but I enjoyed everything else. I would never get excited about Foo Fighters. I mean they are alright, but nothing special. Now Radiohead on the other hand I would have no problem shelling out another $200 for a 3 day pass, but Foo Fighters...eghh
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    NickyNooch wrote:
    No offense, but My Morning Jacket isn't big enough to headline lollapalooza in my opinion. Maybe they could get to close on one of the early days, but their following simply isn't large enough to headline the whole festival IMO.

yeah, that too :) but like someone said, they have done bonnaroo again and again. they seem to be quite teh festival whores ;)
    yeah, that too :) but like someone said, they have done bonnaroo again and again. they seem to be quite teh festival whores ;)

I don't even know My Morning Jacket that well. I have seen them at Lollapalooza and opening for Pearl Jam twice. I can see why people like them, they have alot of energy and their lead singer has a great voice. I probably would never buy a CD of theirs though. That is weird becuase I have every Foo Fighters CD and every Rage Against the Machine CD and I would be more likely to go to Lollapalooza if MMJ was headlining over Rage and the Foos. It's a very weird thought, but I really just don't care about Foo Fighters or Rage anymore, it's almost like everything you need to know about them you can find it in the record shop, but the same can't be said for MMJ,Pearl Jam or even Radiohead.
  • Actually...Radiohead would be pretty sweet and huge. Need the Pumpkins for Saturday though.
  • I think it'll be Guns N Roses also. I guess that all depends on Chinese Democracy though. :D
    NERDS!
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Radiohead.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I think NIN would have a chance at least. And if they do, I'm there.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Styx cover band. And a nacho cheese fountain with 8 different cheeses.
    I love to turn you on
  • Styx cover band. And a nacho cheese fountain with 8 different cheeses.

THAT would be the best Lolla ever. Fuck Pearl Jam.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    THAT would be the best Lolla ever. Fuck Pearl Jam.

Ricky Bobby would be there! :D
    I love to turn you on
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    thunderDAN wrote:

.........not if "palooza '08" is delivered by at&t. It was very surreal to see the
    band play to the backdrop of the great Chicago skyline,fireworks off navy pier and @ the at&t sponsored stage. What a fuckin' farse this has turned out to become.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Styx cover band

...or The Dan Band.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org