Audioslave break up

2»

Comments

• releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    ediger wrote:
    what the fuck are you talking about? Chris Cornells damaged voice and shoddy writing handicapped that band. Tom Morello will never handicap anything

"shoddy writing"? You obviosly have not heard Audioslave's music.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    What makes you think that the name 'the Night Watchman' is 'anything meaningful'? Is it not just pretentious?

I never said anything about the name
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    releeseme wrote:
    "shoddy writing"? You obviosly have not heard Audioslave's music.

I bought the first one, burned my brothers copy of the second one and downloaded the third and deleted it after one listen.
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    ediger wrote:
    I bought the first one, burned my brothers copy of the second one and downloaded the third and deleted it after one listen.

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion for sure, but that is Cornell's brilliance....his writing. Listen to the song Wide Awake, #1 Zero, or any Soundgarden song and tell me that is bad writing. All of his music is very well thought out.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • ediger wrote:
    I never said anything about the name

I said, 'And then I read that Tom Morello was working on a solo under the name of his 'alter-ego' The Night Watchman, and I nearly puked.'

He/she said, 'Yeah the nightwatchman is like folk music. he said it's his "political alter ego" but to be honest i think he's trying just a LITTLE too hard now,' directly refering to the silly name, or at least to my comment about the pretentious 'alter-ego'.

And you said, 'Either that or you can't comprehend anything more meaningful than "Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me"', meaning, by strong implication, that you felt that The Nightwatchman's silly little pen name is deeply meaningful. Or maybe you meant the music as a whole is deeply meaningful. Either way, one pretty strongly implies the other.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    I said, 'And then I read that Tom Morello was working on a solo under the name of his 'alter-ego' The Night Watchman, and I nearly puked.'

He/she said, 'Yeah the nightwatchman is like folk music. he said it's his "political alter ego" but to be honest i think he's trying just a LITTLE too hard now,' directly refering to the silly name, or at least to my comment about the pretentious 'alter-ego'.

And you said, 'Either that or you can't comprehend anything more meaningful than "Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me"', meaning, by strong implication, that you felt that The Nightwatchman's silly little pen name is deeply meaningful. Or maybe you meant the music as a whole is deeply meaningful. Either way, one pretty strongly implies the other.

Amen brother
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • GVN2FLIGVN2FLI Posts: 46
    I don't think any band stirs up more widely varying opinions that Audioslave on this board. It's like a spark to gasoline.
    I am Jack, The Pumpkin King!
    The eyes are the groin of the head.
  • enharmonic wrote:
    If Chris said he's done, they're done. He had an official release about it. Told the fans before the band allegedly...said that they were finding out just like the press.

well, thats dissappointing. could someone please post a link to the official release? i'm so glad i got to see them when i did. cornell's vocals were amazing that night. and the whole group gave so much energy to the crowd.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Google
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Yeah, well, I saw RATM in 1933, plus I saw Audioslave in 1846. I'm a bigger fan than any of you whyte peoplez.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • releeseme wrote:
    Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion for sure, but that is Cornell's brilliance....his writing. Listen to the song Wide Awake, #1 Zero, or any Soundgarden song and tell me that is bad writing. All of his music is very well thought out.

this is true, chris cornell actually is a very good songwriter. i don't know why so many people hated audioslave, i thought they were really good. people can't expect that just because they used to be RAGE means they're gonna sound like RAGE in another band. aside from the members, they had really nothing to do with RAGE, and i don't think it was their intention in the first place to sound like RAGE. they made cool, hard rock songs, and if you didn't like it, then fine. i'm disappointed i never got to see them live, i own all the albums and liked each one. it sucks they couldn't get along with each other, but shit happens, and this is common in the music industry. looks like this topic can be put to rest, now. chris is on his own, and RAGE is hopefully getting back together, so maybe everyone can be happy now :)