Bands I hate it:

Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Soundgarden
    Audioslave
    Live
    Counting Crows
    Aerosmith
    Tom Waits

fuck u,damn u to hell,i hate u,millions of people will hate u,hating them is like hateing pj fuck i worship the chili peppers,they are the only band in the world that will ever satisfy my need for good muisic,u are dirt, i hope u are kidding me,the only taste in muisic u will ever have is pj
    -Let's just say i was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. Thats all it was:just curiosity.

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    zelda4ever wrote:
    fuck u,damn u to hell,i hate u,millions of people will hate u,hating them is like hateing pj fuck i worship the chili peppers,they are the only band in the world that will ever satisfy my need for good muisic,u are dirt, i hope u are kidding me,the only taste in muisic u will ever have is pj

I must agree with "dirt" - post BSSM Chilis is all commercial/radio-friendly unit shifting garbage
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • zelda4everzelda4ever Posts: 138
    danny72688 wrote:
    I really, really, really hate Toby Keith...

amen
    -Let's just say i was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. Thats all it was:just curiosity.

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
    Todd76 wrote:
    I must agree with "dirt" - post BSSM Chilis is all commercial/radio-friendly unit shifting garbage[/quote

they are so unique and beutifuly crafted so what they are radio friendly its not their fault.they fucking broke the mold,commercial my ass find one band before them that is like them, pj is more commercial then them

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
  • Todd76 wrote:
    I must agree with "dirt" - post BSSM Chilis is all commercial/radio-friendly unit shifting garbage

Only because they release so many singles. Musically they're ok, if you can seperate that from their media whoreness. Queen and Counting Crows listed - oh dear!
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    zelda4ever wrote:
    amen

"What would you do?"
    ;)

I'd rather listen to nails on a chalkboard.
    danny72688 wrote:
    "What would you do?"
    ;)

I'd rather listen to nails on a chalkboard.

i would liste to toby keith and boo him

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    zelda4ever wrote:
    i would liste to toby keith and boo him

Yeah :D

"Where were you on September 11?"

-looks directly at Toby Keith
    "Bitch, where the fuck were you?! Oh that's right, you were recording a single that people would eat up because it's "patriotic" :rolleyes: My hero."
    Only because they release so many singles. Musically they're ok, if you can seperate that from their media whoreness. Queen and Counting Crows listed - oh dear!

they have to get out there somehow or they would not get any sales, people would not know the greatness behind the weird ness in lyical matter

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
    zelda4ever wrote:
    they have to get out there somehow or they would not get any sales, people would not know the greatness behind the weird ness in lyical matter

their new stuff all sounds the same...boring and appeals to Simple Plan fans
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    zelda4ever wrote:

Stating the bands I dislike within this thread is no personal attack on anybody. If you need to make something personal -- try a making your point with some etiquette. And if you have to hate me or damn me to hell....okay, at least it's only because I hate RHCP. :D The singer's voice makes me ill. I grew out of the whole macho brotherhood vibe around the time of Mother's Milk. Just my opinion.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I dont understand the whole "radio friendly" thing. So if your music is played on radio..you must suck. Is this a hard and fast rule?
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    the chili peppers.

it is probably hard to find a band I think is worse. pure shit
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
    libragirl wrote:
    I dont understand the whole "radio friendly" thing. So if your music is played on radio..you must suck. Is this a hard and fast rule?

If your referring to my RHCP dismissal - By radio friendly I mean BORING, poppy, unoriginal crap...like 90% of the shit that gets played on the radio. I wouldnt say that its a definitive rule BUT popular music these days sucks....their music appeals to so many for a reason - it is safe/boring/uninteresting and unchallenging. Their music used to have an intensity to it - now its all about the catchy chorus.
  • i use to love the doors, as a kid
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    Todd76 wrote:
    Their music used to have an intensity to it - now its all about the catchy chorus.

They have changed a lot in the last ten years. Up through Blood Suger Sex Magic, they perfected that intense funk-rock sound you're talking about. Then John Frusciante left and they floundered for a while - remember the Dave Navarro days, yikes - then when John F returned they changed to a more melodic, mellower, Beatles-inspired sound. I don't think it was an effort to get on the radio or anything. They've already made their millions of dollars, and they'll continue to rake it in through tours, etc. If they were out for the dough they would have played it safe and done the same thing they were doing in 1991. Frankly, I think they're 40+ year old men now and are trying to be musicians rather than goofballs with socks on their dicks.

I'm not saying you have to like it or anything. Frankly, I agree that the new formula is getting a little easy-listening. I just don't think it's made specifically to get on the radio.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
    They have changed a lot in the last ten years. Up through Blood Suger Sex Magic, they perfected that intense funk-rock sound you're talking about. Then John Frusciante left and they floundered for a while - remember the Dave Navarro days, yikes - then when John F returned they changed to a more melodic, mellower, Beatles-inspired sound. I don't think it was an effort to get on the radio or anything. They've already made their millions of dollars, and they'll continue to rake it in through tours, etc. If they were out for the dough they would have played it safe and done the same thing they were doing in 1991. Frankly, I think they're 40+ year old men now and are trying to be musicians rather than goofballs with socks on their dicks.

I'm not saying you have to like it or anything. Frankly, I agree that the new formula is getting a little easy-listening. I just don't think it's made specifically to get on the radio.

I have no doubt that their getting old has alot to do with their tailspin....but just cuz you're old doesn't mean you have to stop writing good/interesting music....just look at SONIC YOUTH
    Todd76 wrote:
    I have no doubt that their getting old has alot to do with their tailspin....but just cuz you're old doesn't mean you have to stop writing good/interesting music....just look at SONIC YOUTH

Yeah, that's true. Neil Young too. But Sonic Youth has gotten a lot catchier and more melodic in their old age too...
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Todd76 wrote:
    If your referring to my RHCP dismissal - By radio friendly I mean BORING, poppy, unoriginal crap...like 90% of the shit that gets played on the radio. I wouldnt say that its a definitive rule BUT popular music these days sucks....their music appeals to so many for a reason - it is safe/boring/uninteresting and unchallenging. Their music used to have an intensity to it - now its all about the catchy chorus.

some of it sounds a like...I agree with that...all these bands..shinedown...etc...they turn out the same shit...I find it a breath of fresh air when i hear the RHCP and Pearl Jam...or once in a blue moon morrissey.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    But Sonic Youth has gotten a lot catchier and more melodic in their old age too...

Yeah - haha! But man, Murray Street, Sonic Nurse, and now Rather Ripped -- I love it. All of the softer stuff on any of these could be considered make-out music for adults. :) A string of three strong albums over a decade after what back in the day, I thought was the pinnacle of their career with Bad Moon Rising, Sister, and Daydream Nation!
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
    Yeah, that's true. Neil Young too. But Sonic Youth has gotten a lot catchier and more melodic in their old age too...

Sonic Youths newest album may be their catchiest in quite some time BUT the 3 that came before that were probably some of their most experimental AND they release experimental/noise albums on their own label all the time
    dirt wrote:
    A string of three strong albums over a decade after what back in the day, I thought was the pinnacle of their career with Bad Moon Rising, Sister, and Daydream Nation!

No doubt. I thought they were kind of going downhill after Dirty and stopped listening to them. I saw them open for PJ a few wks ago and holy crap, the "new" stuff that I had missed - as in from the last ten years - is great. I picked up Rather Ripped & Murray St and loved them. I can't wait to hear more of what I slept on.
    Todd76 wrote:
    Sonic Youths newest album may be their catchiest in quite some time BUT the 3 that came before that were probably some of their most experimental AND they release experimental/noise albums on their own label all the time

Ultimately I think we agree - Sonic Youth is still good, and RHCP is a band we hate it. Well, they are band you hate it, band I sort of don't like it but still respect.
    Ultimately I think we agree - Sonic Youth is still good, and RHCP is a band we hate it. Well, they are band you hate it, band I sort of don't like it but still respect.

- Band you hate it.

- Band you sort of don't like it but still respect it.

X - Band that had their day it and now hate it.

- Band that had their day it.

- Band you like it.

- Band you love it.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • They have changed a lot in the last ten years. Up through Blood Suger Sex Magic, they perfected that intense funk-rock sound you're talking about. Then John Frusciante left and they floundered for a while - remember the Dave Navarro days, yikes - then when John F returned they changed to a more melodic, mellower, Beatles-inspired sound. I don't think it was an effort to get on the radio or anything. They've already made their millions of dollars, and they'll continue to rake it in through tours, etc. If they were out for the dough they would have played it safe and done the same thing they were doing in 1991. Frankly, I think they're 40+ year old men now and are trying to be musicians rather than goofballs with socks on their dicks.

I agree. I never understood people who say that..

I guess they just don't like the direction the Chili's have taken and are pissed that they're all over the radio.

If anything, making more songs like Give It Away would've been a shot aimed for the radio.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    dirt wrote:
    - Band you hate it.

- Band you like it.

- Band you love it.

I Agree with choice C .... very funny
    dirt wrote:
    - Band you hate it.

- Band you like it.

- Band you love it.

That took me a minute, I thought maybe you were talking about the band X...?

I went back and listened to Stadium Arcadium after this discussion and you know what, that shit sucks.
  • Bon Jovi
    Limp Biskit aka Limp Dick
    Fallout Boy
    MCR
    Panic at the Shitsco
    Rap all together
    Most country meaning about 99%
    Marilyn Manson
    and alot more
    Soy un perdedor
    I’m a loser baby, so why don’t you kill me?
  • almorvialmorvi Posts: 16
    Everyone you can listen to in the radio and watch in the TV.
  • The thing people need to understand about RHCP is that they are more relaxed as people now. The songs are no longer drug induced, nor are they sprung from the bitterness of what was happening to John (Warped, Aeroplane, Transcending). The band didn't decide to sell out or go radio friendly. Their songs were always played on the radio anyway. Let's not become a bunch of goths.
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section