worst song on a great album

2»

Comments

• SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    'Fitter/Happier' from Ok Computer by Radiohead.
    'RV' from Angel Dust by Faith No More.
    'When I Grow Up' from 'Version 2.0.' by Garbage.
    'Pretend' from 'World Container' by The Tragically Hip.
  • I hope you realize Pearl Jam has used an equally nonsensical word to name their third album, and that one was pretty good.

Not that I'm defending Paula Abdul or anything...

I'm pretty emphatically against the word 'VIBE' being used in any musical situation.

I'm staggered that you can possibly compare 'Vitalogy', which is a really, really fucking cool word and means life - vitality - health - affirmation and beauty - to 'Vibeology', which probably means something like 'Shake yo' ass, watch yo'self.'
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • I'm staggered that you can possibly compare 'Vitalogy', which is a really, really fucking cool word and means life - vitality - health - affirmation and beauty - to 'Vibeology', which probably means something like 'Shake yo' ass, watch yo'self.'

Okay, if Vitalogy is a real word, have you heard anyone use it NOT in reference to Pearl Jam? It's not a real word anyone uses. I'm sure if Pearl Jam's next album was some silly name like "Methodology" you would lap that right up.
  • Electioneering from OK Computer

Would be a great song on The Bends, but it doesn't fit on OK Computer at all.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    Electioneering from OK Computer

Would be a great song on The Bends, but it doesn't fit on OK Computer at all.

i think electioneering fits just fine. the tourist however is an extremely lame way to end such a moving album imo
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    But "Quick and to the Pointless". WTF. >:V I bit my ears off after that song.
    You may dislike Quick and to the pointless but that songs fits so well on rated r that it wouldn't be quite as good without, it gives a crazy edge to the second part of the album.

And the gods made love and have you ever been (to electric ladyland) on an otherwise perfect album.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Okay, if Vitalogy is a real word, have you heard anyone use it NOT in reference to Pearl Jam? It's not a real word anyone uses. I'm sure if Pearl Jam's next album was some silly name like "Methodology" you would lap that right up.
    Vitalogy is named after a book that is more than a hundred years old. Therefore, even if the word was invented then, it has been in existence for a lot longer than some officially recognised words.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • There' nothing bad on OK Computer.

Fitter/Happier is the centerpiece that holds the album together. Electioneering ties to the central theme of looking at life from the outside and noting that bullshit is what it takes for the stranger to try to fit in even though everyone else knows it is bullshit that is beside the point because we must be false to be deemed truthfull to a society that doesn't accsept us for who we are but only accepts us for what we want them to believe we are.

...that's the word on the street anyway.
    the Minions
  • Okay, if Vitalogy is a real word, have you heard anyone use it NOT in reference to Pearl Jam? It's not a real word anyone uses. I'm sure if Pearl Jam's next album was some silly name like "Methodology" you would lap that right up.

Did I say that Vitalogy WAS a 'real word'? No, I didn't... which means that I'm not against the making up of words - heck, my second favourite band is Sigur Ros - but I AM against Paula fucking Abdul.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Pride (In the Name of Love) on "The Unforgettable Fire" by U2....I am really sick of this song.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    On the first two... Seriously?

And the last one... WTF?
    agreed
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    more like the most underrated song they ever made....

You are not serious...nah, you're taking the piss. Try harder.lol.
    p.s. It is the shittiest piece of self indulgent bollocks Ed ever got up to when he put his head up his own rock star arse.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • googoo Posts: 226
    I'm prepared to catch some crap for this, but......

Misty Mountain Hop from Led Zeppelin's 4th album. it hurts my ears to even try to give it a chance every time I try to listen to the album all the way through. I always have to get off my ass and hit the skip button right after Stairway.
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    "Dancing in the Streets" - Van Halen off of Diver Down
  • andy's chest by lou reed. i think some of the lyrics are just stupid, but the album is still awesome.
  • spnkri wrote:
    Dam That River - Alice In Chains - Dirt
    Not For You - Pearl Jam - Vitalogy
    Vibeology - Paula Abdul - Spellbound
    dam that river is a badass song dude. what's your problem?
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • tonadax wrote:
    Worst song on a great album? "The Crunge" off of Led Zeppelin's otherwise brilliant "Houses of the Holy."
    Wha...what? :(

How's this:

Good Morning Good Morning - Sgt. Pepper's
  • "I'm just trying to find the bridge...Has anybody seen the bridge?" Horrible.

Here's another turd:

Led Zeppelin III - Hats Off To (Roy) Harper

Thank god it's the last song on the album

Yeah, I agree with this one. I like "The Crunge", though.
    What I Should Have Said...Was Nothing.
  • Soupy wrote:
    'Fitter/Happier' from Ok Computer by Radiohead.
    'RV' from Angel Dust by Faith No More.
    'When I Grow Up' from 'Version 2.0.' by Garbage.
    'Pretend' from 'World Container' by The Tragically Hip.

I absolutely disagree with "RV" from Angel Dust.

Any song that is based on the underwater world from Super Mario Brothers is genius. Fuck, I always wish I had thought of that. Plus some of the lines in that song are absolutely heartbreaking.

Did I mention I fucking love that album????

God, I feel like so many people missed out on Faith No More
    What I Should Have Said...Was Nothing.