Most recognizable band logo

tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
edited July 2007 in Other Music
What are the best/most recognizable band logos? I could think of three good ones:

Rolling stones- tongue and lips. The standard-bearer. Captures the essence of the band. Sleazy and suggestive, yet very organic.

NIRVANA's has tall and narrow letters, with a little curl on the leg of the 'R'

THE RAMONES!!!! The Eagle holding a baseball bat in its claw surrounded by stars w/ the bands names going around in a circle is one of the most awesome logo in RnR history!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Wu-Tang Clan's "W"

Even in its various formats for each artist, it's unmistakable and instantly recognizable, to fans and non-fans alike.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    steal your face......:)
  • Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    Muse stand out and not just cos it says MUSE. The font and the lines on top and below the letters are instantly recognisible even thought there is nothing very unusual about it.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • inthefleshintheflesh Posts: 170
    Dead Kennedys
    was it?....
  • Motorhead - that fuckin' thing with the tusks
    Iron Maiden - EDDIE !
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    The Ramones.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • harrymanbackharrymanback Posts: 435
    Vh
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,701
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    Rolling Stones definitely. I'd also include The Beatles logo with the long T and the KISS logo.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I can't believe nobody has said KISS or AC/DC. My mistake the person above me said KISS :D
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    It's either the Stones' tongue or the Dead's Steal Your Face. I don't think anything else really compares to those two...
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Rolling Stones hands down... especially considering you are talking about a logo which doesn't even include any words/letters to reference the band name.
  • ledhed43ledhed43 Posts: 114
    stones, ac/dc were the 1st to pop in my head when i read the thread title. i dont like dave matthews but i recognize his logo when i see it on people's bumper stickers so i guess it's effective. i would also have to say the prism on dark side of the moon. i know it's not an actual band symbol, but has an album cover ever been more associated with a band? the other for me personally but probably not the general public is the drive by truckers' scary long-necked crows.
    Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best.

~Frank Zappa
  • OUTHOUSEOUTHOUSE Posts: 39
    Nin
  • Weezer's big-ass W they have on tour.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    The greatful deads bear used to be a huge trend. Not so much now.
  • Easily has to be The Grateful Dead...the day somebody tells you the skull is the Dead you don't forget it. It's also prolly the most musically-wide used bumper sticker on the planet. Wish it was the Stickman but undecidedly-so
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    Kiss
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    Aerosmith
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Black Flag

Mohab wrote:
    The greatful deads bear used to be a huge trend. Not so much now.

I live on a street called "Bear Canyon" - a few years ago I put some of those dancing bear decals on the front of my mail box - within 48 hours somebody smashed the hell out of the box !
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    metallica
  • bgivens33bgivens33 Posts: 290
    my first thought was metallica
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    Rolling Stones hands down... especially considering you are talking about a logo which doesn't even include any words/letters to reference the band name.

Yeah it's amazing. I heard something on the radio a couple years ago that the man who created The Stones logo only got something like 50k for it.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Pearl Jam's logo...oh wait...I mean RHCP's logo. Pretty simple. An asterisk.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    My first thought was Metallica as well but I'd definitely say the Stones win this one.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    greatful dead or the who
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    Bah, I don't think if the name of the band is in the 'logo' that it should count.

Henceforth I decree that the only choices are the Rolling Stones lip/tounge thing, and the Greatful Dead skull head thing.
  • Jammin909 wrote:
    Yeah it's amazing. I heard something on the radio a couple years ago that the man who created The Stones logo only got something like 50k for it.

I thought the man who created the logo was Andy Warhol
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • TheEvolutionTheEvolution Posts: 143
    The Chili Peppers' Californication Logo is pretty recognizable. I would argue that for the majoirty of the 90's the PJ stick man was really really popular
    "Being undecided...it's dangerous. And I'll give you a perfect example: people with mullets, that's indecision."-EV

9/28/05-PNC
    5/30/06-DC
    6/23/06-Pittsburgh