Pink Floyd or The Who

Comments

• Ten DudeTen Dude Posts: 50
    Jeanie wrote:
    Pink Floyd. No question for me.

I like The Who and I'm getting into them more and more but they'll never equal Pink Floyd in my world. :)

This is a totally agreeable post.
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I like Animals, The Wall, Dark Side, and Wish You Were Here all more than any Who album. I'll take Pink Floyd.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Pink Floyd by a mile. No question.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    pink floyd, no question
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    jeffbr wrote:
    Pink Floyd by a mile. No question.

ha! :D
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    hand down floyd. there music is timeless and plus them fucking hammers in the wall gave me nightmares for bout 3 years. first band i ever listend to was floyd.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Ten Dude wrote:
    This is a totally agreeable post.

Mysterious!!!!!! :D I didn't see you pop in!!! How are you? :D

Well besides excellently qualified to critique music threads! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    long red wrote:
    Floyd by a mile for me.
    same here
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Duh! Floyd :D
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    pink floyd were always so creative. the who were good but not that good.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    if ed sees this he'll shit his pants.

i'll go with led zeppelin and the stooges thank you very much
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    glasshouse wrote:
    if ed sees this he'll shit his pants.

i'll go with led zeppelin and the stooges thank you very much

If Ed sees this, *I'LL* shit *MY* pants. I still say Floyd. =)
    Just me
  • pink floyd convinced me with recording an entire story called: The Wall
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Right now at the moment small edge for THE WHO.
  • I like the Who but Floyd are my fav band in the world, many can complain about Gilmour taking over Floyd with out Rog but The Who with just Townsend & Daltrey is a joke and Endless Wire was dire, even Momentary Lapse sounds great compared to that.

I think the way they never flogged to death the touring like The Stones makes Floyd's legacy somewhat less tarnished then the Who, don't get me wrong the Who made some amazing music but I feel they get more praise from critics than PF and for me at times they are the most under appreciated band of their time.

This is from a critics point of view, I know Floyd have a rabid fan base but critics have always been looking down the nose at the them and although Townsend is probably more talented than any member of Floyd as a whole the band eclipse (scuse the pun) for me anyway anything the Who as a collective have done.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    i'll say it again [size=+4] PINK!!! [/size]

but sure do love Who's Next....
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Pink Floyd once in concert. R. Waters four times in concert. R. Daltry once in concert. PF by a land slide. ;)
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    the who is more my style. no contest.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Pink Floyd for me. But The Who is great live. One of my fav shows even though they are not one of my fav bands
    Don't gimme no lip
  • Gotta be Floyd on this one. But The Who are great.
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • Definetely The Who. I'm sorry but I don't really like Pink Floyd.

I'm only 27, these bands are too old for me to remember but I can hear a lot of PJ in The Who but not so much Pink Floyd. So I find it easier to listen to The Who.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    Townsend is probably more talented than any member of Floyd

hahaha, WHAT? Pete Townshend is great but Gilmour is a better guitarist than him, Waters is a better lyricist than him, and they're both better singers than him.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • hahaha, WHAT? Pete Townshend is great but Gilmour is a better guitarist than him, Waters is a better lyricist than him, and they're both better singers than him.

I said probably, i prefer Gilmour and Waters as a guitarist and lyricist personally i was just trying to be subjective, Townsend does write good lyrics & music and is a pretty mean guitar player.

Gilmour is most noted for his Guitar work and until RW left his music writing wasn't that prolific, yes he's also a better singer, Rog is a superb lyricist and has a unique voice but his talent for writing music isn't has significant as PT.

What I'm saying is Floyd as a whole a more effective but PT is the more multi talented, whereas Rog worked at his best in Floyd with DG, PT pretty much wrote everything with some exceptions.

I don't think DG or RW could claim to be as multi talented, yes I personally think they are better but I must give PT is credit as an all rounder.
  • Pink Floyd
    although, I did see the Who last year at MSG and they were amazing
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Floyd In A Cakewalk
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • as a live band- the who ( but the full band)

globally, the floyd
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Neither.
    They both kick major butt.
    For different reasons.
    One is to smoke to, one is to drink to .
    One is for love, one is for lust.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    tonadax wrote:
    Perhaps,different styles of music,but bottom line, both "classic" rock groups...They are very popular threads here and figured I'd toss this out...
    For me The Who, but Pink Floyd not far behind...

All in all.....I choose Floyd.

but

If I felt like rocking out a little harder, it's The Who.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Three words... Atom Heart Mother
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.