See These Bones
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Grüvis Malt
    Circa Survive
    Modest Mouse
    Rush
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • The White Stripes and Guns 'N Roses

I actually tried to resist The White Stripes as much as I could when they were first hyped. Thought it would just be another passing fad - but they really, genuinely won me over.

Believe it or not, I HATED GNR for the longest time. Hated them. But Slash obviously became one of my favorite guitarists, so slowly, ever so slowy, I developed a respect for what Axl could do with his voice. Now I love them (for the longest time, I couldn't get over what a shit drummer Steven Adler was).

I did instantly like Pearl Jam from the time I bought Vs. and so forth, but it took a little while to for them to earn the top spot as my favorite band. It's not so easy to knock off Zep or the Beatles! (or Nirvana for that matter)
    What I Should Have Said...Was Nothing.
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    the last ´grunge´ band i really get into was soundgarden, at first i found their music so complex and unmelodic, but from 2 or 3 years i have listened to them almost everyday...
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    took me three seperate occassions over a period of a couple years for these guys to finally click with me, i knew i'd like them but they really took some effort! (and some weed & a pipe as it turned out, surprise surprise ;))
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • (listening to music as you fall asleep, makes it easier to get used to - I think. That's how I got into Sonic Youth of all bands.

JC is a wonderful song to listen to as you drift off to sleep).
  • Waters-era Floyd. I was a Syd purist, for years.
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    (listening to music as you fall asleep, makes it easier to get used to - I think. That's how I got into Sonic Youth of all bands.

JC is a wonderful song to listen to as you drift off to sleep).
    i fucken love JC, def in my top 3 on that album
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    pearl jam, took me 10 years to give them they're proper chance, and now they've been by far my favorite band for the past 6 years. my morning jacket took me a few listens to z before i became a fanatic. i liked it at first but now they are my second favorite band and i went and got all their albums of course...............and yeah sonic youth, took me a couple months after i first checked them out to really appreciate their music. one of my top bands as well now.
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Posts: 1,028
    rage against the machine. . .never was a big fan until recently, now im starting to dig them
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • I wonder how long this band took to grow.

http://www.fs.fed.us/ne/morgantown/4557/otis/gmband01a.jpg
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • PearlyOceansPearlyOceans Posts: 156
    Kings of Leon. I downloaded Because of the Times when I heard they were opening for Pearl Jam in Nijmegen. Didn't really like it so I took it of the computer.
    I thought they really rocked in Nijmegen so I gave the album a second chance. Now I love it.
  • Primus, Foo Fighters, Guns 'N Roses, and Pearl Jam took me a long time to appreciate. Now I love/worship those bands and appreciate what they can do with their talents.

When I first heard Alice in Chains, I instantly loved them. Weird huh?
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Gunners, just didn'tike em for some reason, but like ved in teh head, they have slowly grown to be one of my favoutite bands. Slash is agtreat, and Axl's voice is better than good. Good is easy, entertaining is hard.

Lots of albums grew on me slowly, more often than not. I had LOTL for years before I really liked it, also GArage Inc by Metallica, suddenly it clicked.

I'm very thick like that.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Smashing Pumpkins. Never even thought to buy anything buy them. Was even in a band back in the mid 90's that played "Hummer". The the quality of music went down hill, so I started going back and searching for bands to listen to. That's when they came around.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    still struggling to dig pink floyd! I’ve got dark side of the moon which I’ve listened to a couple of times and liked it (especially "time"), but strangely enough I never feel like revisiting that album, or buying any of their other material. just other bands that I find more appealing I guess
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • BlyssBlyss Posts: 166
    Get_Right wrote:
    wilco

me too
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Mother Love Bone.

Like most of you, I've only heard them thru PJ, Jeff & Stone connection & Temple of the Dog project.

But I've only heard Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorn from the Singles sdtrk.

I've DLed some of their songs (shhh) & I like a lot of the songs.

Holy Roller, Stargazer, This is Shangri-la, Stardog Champion, Come Bite The Apple...

My fav. so far is Gentle Groove.

Andy wrote some awesome love songs.

though, I dont really know what the songs/lyrics are about.
    reminds me of Soul Coughing & Mike Doughty's lyrics.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    LongRd. wrote:
    Mother Love Bone.

Like most of you, I've only heard them thru PJ, Jeff & Stone connection & Temple of the Dog project.

But I've only heard Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorn from the Singles sdtrk.

I've DLed some of their songs (shhh) & I like a lot of the songs.

Holy Roller, Stargazer, This is Shangri-la, Stardog Champion, Come Bite The Apple...

My fav. so far is Gentle Groove.

Andy wrote some awesome love songs.

though, I dont really know what the songs/lyrics are about.
    reminds me of Soul Coughing & Mike Doughty's lyrics.
    see if you can find Man of Golden Words.....amazingly beautiful song, yet very haunting
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    the newest band for me that took a long time to get into is the White Stripes

I would hear their songs every now and then and not think much of them. I've always like Dead Leaves... for some reason, but not much else. Then I went and bought Elephant on a whim a couple of weeks ago and now that CD has moved into one of my most played and I'm ready to start building my White Stripes collection even more....
  • nickcat0nickcat0 Posts: 75
    Took me about 19 years to get into The Jam .

Never really appreciated them during their career 1977-1982 ; then in 1996 Paul Weller released "Stanley Road" , still one of my favourite albums , so I retraced his career and started listening to his old stuff again .
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    9/9/06
    Everton 3 RS 0
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    usually i get bands straight off the bat, or i don't get them at all. but lately some people have been trying to get me to take an interest in pixies. they're fighting a losing battle. :D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Clutch
    My husband loved them for years and I never gave them the time of day... one day i had nothing else to listen to in traffic and let elephant riders play....now i love them and him and I jam out together in the car :)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Punk77Punk77 Posts: 48
    Tool

*mumbling something about Howie Day..*
  • A lot of people are nuts about Radiohead, I can't really get into them at all.