Foo Fighters

2»

Comments

• TheDreamIseeTheDreamIsee Posts: 127
    tonadax wrote:
    In my opinion,one of the best rock bands around today.Guitars,drums,bass..how can it get any better????
    I only see the new release, Echoes,Silence,Pateince & Grace,due Sept. 25...,just continuing the further evolution of the Foo's...

I second that!
  • TheDreamIseeTheDreamIsee Posts: 127
    I think that they are stupidly over rated. 60% of their last record was filler. And One By One is unlistenable.

I feel sorry that you cannot get the joy that I get from the Foos...I am so happy to have found another amazing band to listen to....

Perhaps you should try watching one of their dvds...that really made me love them even more - as with most music, the live stuff is the best!
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    pjayfan wrote:
    I was at night two then because I remember him going on a wrap about Virginia and never going back. Dave was pretty much a stand up all night. He's a funny dude. I also remember the solo I think with castanets. I dont' recall taylor soloing though. That must have been the night before. I just can't stand crowds that aren't fans of the music. I had pretty good seats but it seemed like a lot of people where just wasting time drinking and yapping until they played Everlong. Why go do a show like that when you are only interested in 1 song? That has been my continued experience at LA shows.
    That first night was also the one where Dave was talking to his daughter's doctor and reminding him that the great seats and free drinks are in exchange for 3:00 A.M. phone calls to him when they can't get the baby to quit crying.
    That first night was also where a lot of the 'Hollywoodies' went. There were actors and actresses there that I had no idea who they were... but the gal next to me knew who they were... Desperate Housewives or something. There were also other musicians... Stewart Copeland, Lemmy, Billy Duff, Chris Chaney, Billy Morrison, Kim Deal and Josh Homme (and a very pregnant Brodie). I did recognize Lance Armstrong with some amazing little model or something.
    And I know what you mean about people getting up. At the beginning of 'Marigold', a lot of people got up to get to the bar in the lobby... I guess they had no idea this was a Nirvana song that the Foos rarely do. Their loss.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!