AIC/Velvet Revolver last night in T.O.

2»

Comments

• DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    lars wrote:
    Axl should go under his own name, but he certainly is in it for the money and fame so there you go. Calling it guns n roses is a joke, imo

Axl definitely should have gone under his own name. Calling his band now Gnr is not right, I cannot argue with you there. But as far as saying the dude's doing it for the money, I would'nt be so sure. He's made statements like " not wanting Gnr to die " and wanting to make music that would represent the name Guns n roses the right way - so in his mind ( a scary place, for sure)
    he may actually have something else in mind than money.

If you disagree, that's fine, but then explain to me how the hell he HAS NOT released some 1/2 ass album under the Gnr name and cashed in already, especially about 15 years ago when the name was as big as it was - instead, he tries too hard if anything to make the right type of album , as evidenced by the fact that he still cannot pull the trigger on releasing it?
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • mulva9 wrote:
    So did AIC hit the stage at 8 or sooner?

It was before 8...just about after 7:30
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky...A human being that was giveeeeeeeeeeeeen to flllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    lars wrote:
    Jam bands play music other bands have made....like velvet revolver, like audioslave....VR is not STP, nor is it GnR...it´s a new band with a new name with some new tunes on some new cds....so why they have to play music from old times must be because the people who listen to VR want to hear these old bands instead of VR....that´s unserious to be like a jukebox pleasing the crowd instead of having some integrity and believing in the new songs the new band has made....totaly jam bandish. Sure if Slash played a solo gig, it would be okay for me to hear some GnR tunes, because he would be performing under his own name and not in a new band....just like it would be ok for Jerry Cantrell to put in an AIC track. But when a new band emerges like VR did with all the hype and so on, I don´t wanna hear a live jukebox playing a nostalgic rifforama

UNSERIOUS!
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Nice Alice setlist.
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    lars wrote:
    It´s so unserious when a band consisting of two older bands (like audioslave and Velvet revolver) start playing songs from their older merrits. Have some decentcy for heavens sake....you´re not a jam band, are you?
    you're dumb.
  • The opening band came on right at 7 and played for 20 minutes...AIC played for about an hour....Velvet Revolver for about 90 minutes.

Was the opening band Kill Hannah - aka Androgynous Band Performing Contrived Pop-Rock In The Vein Of Placebo?
  • larslars Posts: 524
    snipes824 wrote:
    you're dumb.
    so tell me why?
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Was the opening band Kill Hannah - aka Androgynous Band Performing Contrived Pop-Rock In The Vein Of Placebo?

I have no idea I was away from the stage - aka Drinking beer during the shitty opening act so I could be somewhat buzzed by the time AIC hit the stage
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky...A human being that was giveeeeeeeeeeeeen to flllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • MacDDTMacDDT Posts: 2
    Was the opening band Kill Hannah - aka Androgynous Band Performing Contrived Pop-Rock In The Vein Of Placebo?

Ya Kill Hannah did open , they were ok but they could have done better without that Billy Idol cover
    Morrison - Some are born to sweet delight , some are born to the endless night...end of the night
  • MacDDT wrote:
    Ya Kill Hannah did open , they were ok but they could have done better without that Billy Idol cover

... or the armsocks and mascara probably too.
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Hmmm? What does being a jam band have to do with anything?

Besides which, if I go to see Slash or Jerry Cantrell, I damn sure want to hear stuff from GnR or AiC. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: songs shouldn't die with the band.

Careful there. You'll rattle the cages of the elitists around here with that kind of crazy talk. If my best chance to hear some good live Soundgarden or STP songs is to go and watch Cornell or VR, I'm damn sure going to do it. All the naysayers can sit around on their hands for 10 years and wait for the reunion tours.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Try look in the mirror and be proud
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.