Foo Fighters last night in Worcester

2»

Comments

• dr teethdr teeth Posts: 115
    doesn't bother anyone that he can't sing live for shit.hell, he can't even finish a line.he instead always screams or yells oh yeah.

don't get me wrong,i love the band, but sometimes i wish he would do a complete song singing the normal way.and i was there last night and he did it a gazillion times.
    jeter drinks wine coolers
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    set list?
  • set list?

Taken from the Foo Fighters message board-->

Let It Die
    The Pretender
    Times Like These
    Learn To Fly
    Breakout
    Cheer Up Boys
    This Is A Call (Cool new jam)
    Stacked Actors (they did the dueling guitars before the song and then a newer jam in the middle)
    Skin and Bones
    Marigold
    My Hero
    Cold Day In The Sun
    But Honestly
    Everlong
    Monkey Wrench
    All My Life
    Big Me
    Long Road
    Best of You

First time seeing them, I thought it was a great show! Didn't really care for Against Me! seeing all their songs seemed to sound the same and it was deafeningly loud during their set. Serj was ok, not really my thing...we only went to see him because our son likes Empty Walls. Personally I prefer him with SOAD.

Foos put on a hell of a show, loved the acoustic set :)
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Tangerine wrote:
    Taken from the Foo Fighters message board-->

Let It Die
    The Pretender
    Times Like These
    Learn To Fly
    Breakout
    Cheer Up Boys
    This Is A Call (Cool new jam)
    Stacked Actors (they did the dueling guitars before the song and then a newer jam in the middle)
    Skin and Bones
    Marigold
    My Hero
    Cold Day In The Sun
    But Honestly
    Everlong
    Monkey Wrench
    All My Life
    Big Me
    Long Road
    Best of You

First time seeing them, I thought it was a great show! Didn't really care for Against Me! seeing all their songs seemed to sound the same and it was deafeningly loud during their set. Serj was ok, not really my thing...we only went to see him because our son likes Empty Walls. Personally I prefer him with SOAD.

Foos put on a hell of a show, loved the acoustic set :)

i bet. that set list is awesome. kind of sucks they didn't play home, which is my favorite song on the new record. still cool tho! i have been wanting to see them for a while now. they are such a solid rock band.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    I saw them in Reno Super Bowl weekend... they ALWAY have put on one of the most entertaining, start to finish rock shows out there. Can anyone point out a dull moment? I can't.
    The acoustic stuff is a nice switch and the Super-Sized Foos that includes the return of Pat Smear really mixes things up. And that Jessie Green... pretty awesome Goth chick, huh?
    I'm going to the 2 L.A. Forum shows... the only downside of that? The Fourm... General Admission floor. Dealing with the kooks in Reno was one thing... L.A. kooks are the worst.
    But, I really looking forward to seeing them again.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • you're right about that, that was really entertaining start to finish. the energy that dave and the rest of the band is tremendous. i was hoping to hear some stuff from the album before the current one, but that's just nitpicking.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Odin wrote:
    I wish Pete Yorn were opening in Binghamton. I heard some of his songs on my pandora.com station and thought they were pretty good.

he's awesome, you should just him out. he has a great live show too, I've seen him like a bazillion times. Dave Grohl plays drums on his song "For Us."
  • dr teeth wrote:
    doesn't bother anyone that he can't sing live for shit.hell, he can't even finish a line.he instead always screams or yells oh yeah.

I think he does that just to get people excited/because of his own energy. I think it used to bother me, but I love the way he screams.
  • Cosmo wrote:
    I saw them in Reno Super Bowl weekend... they ALWAY have put on one of the most entertaining, start to finish rock shows out there. Can anyone point out a dull moment? I can't.
    The acoustic stuff is a nice switch and the Super-Sized Foos that includes the return of Pat Smear really mixes things up. And that Jessie Green... pretty awesome Goth chick, huh?
    I'm going to the 2 L.A. Forum shows... the only downside of that? The Fourm... General Admission floor. Dealing with the kooks in Reno was one thing... L.A. kooks are the worst.

it'll be fun though, down there with the kooks.
    I think I definitely like the "supersized" foo. The weird thing about the foo fighters though, I always just think of them as being Dave Grohl. I think it's because he recorded the whole first album himself or something.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Wilds wrote:
    Seen the Foo about 5 times and they never cease to amaze me. They are awesome in concert.

The last time I saw them I was in the outer reaches of Dodger Stadium as they opened for The Police.

They brought the entire place down and despite my seat location made it feel like a 2000 seat theater.
    The Dodger Stadium show was something else...particularly because I had absolutely no f*cking clue that Foo Fighters were the second "opening band"...or that there even was a second opening band. Can you imagine my open-mouthed expression of O_O!!!!

I thought the best thing about that gig was the awe of being in such a ginormous stadium, watching the Foo Fighters work their audience and having practically the entire stadium singing and rocking (quite hard) along with a lowly "opening band". I would've been happy if The Police were opening for them.

Last night at Madison Square Garden was great. Great quote from Grohl: "Don't take lessons, kids; that's cheating!"

Now to catch them on the David Letterman show today!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
    I'm goin on Thirs to see them in PHilly...........

Just wondering what time they have been comming on stage.
    I know that Serj Tanky guy or whatever is opening up, so how long do they let him play?
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell
  • RockMan wrote:
    I'm goin on Thirs to see them in PHilly...........

Just wondering what time they have been comming on stage.
    I know that Serj Tanky guy or whatever is opening up, so how long do they let him play?

At MSG last night they came on at 8:50

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Cosmo wrote:

Jessie Green is fantastic

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Does anyone know where to find a bootleg of this show?
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Does anyone know where to find a bootleg of this show?

if you find out let me know!
  • thossythossy Posts: 59
    Does anyone know where to find a bootleg of this show?

http://www.thetradersden.org/
    98 MSG I
    04 Boston I
    06 Hartford, Boston I+II
    08 Hartford, Mansfield I+II
    08 EV Solo Boston I+II
  • "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06