Jesus Christ Pose really sucks.

Comments

• DOSW wrote:
    You'll probably hate me even more for saying this, but I think JCP and Face Pollution are the two worst tracks on the album, and they're back to back. I sometimes still listen to JCP, but I really don't like Face Pollution.
    Is it April 1st already? ;)
    No way! Seriously?! Next thing you'll tell us Outshined is mediocre!

:cool:
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    danny72688 wrote:
    Try to listen to Room a Thousand Years Wide. That's the critical point on the album. I'll send it to you if you can't. Nobody should die without hearing it.

I love that song. Definitely one of my absolute favorite SG songs.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • yosi wrote:
    I love that song. Definitely one of my absolute favorite SG songs.
    My favorite from Badmotorfinger, very closely behind Fresh Tendrils. Birth Ritual is pretty sweet too. I'd have to say top 5, if not 3.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    danny72688 wrote:
    Is it April 1st already? ;)
    No way! Seriously?! Next thing you'll tell us Outshined is mediocre!

Haha, no way. Outshined is one of the songs that got me into Soundgarden in the first place. I've listened to it so much that I'm kind of burned out on it though. But it still rocks. :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • DOSW wrote:
    Haha, no way. Outshined is one of the songs that got me into Soundgarden in the first place. I've listened to it so much that I'm kind of burned out on it though. But it still rocks. :D

That's good. But I prefer Rusty Cage to it :D It's just a great song that sucks me in.
  • DOSW wrote:
    You'll probably hate me even more for saying this, but I think JCP and Face Pollution are the two worst tracks on the album, and they're back to back. I sometimes still listen to JCP, but I really don't like Face Pollution.

no face pollution is a strong song, I think jcp is way better.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • I like it - I think its more in line with their early stuff though, not that there's anything wrong with that.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • MojopinMojopin Posts: 216
    whatevah :)

Mojo
    "A consistently good band works all the different elements well. A song has to appeal sentimentally, intellectually, physically, viscerally, and dig deep down into your soul and suck you into it. And after that, of course, it'd be a matter of taste." ~ Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
  • One of my favorite tunes from Soundgarden.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • jcp is one of my fav soundgarden songs!! the drums are amazing. the video is kind of weird but that has nothing to do with the music.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i agree, i think jesus christ pose is one of the weaker tracks on badmotorfinger. over the top with little reward imo. doesn't even smell my top 20 soundgarden list
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    DOSW wrote:

Jesus Christ Pose Really Sucks

You suck.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_UM9tmc5rU

Behold the power.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Why can't Matt drum that crazy in Pearl Jam?

Anyway... I heart this song - especially after watching the Pinkpop video when the interviewer calls it loud noise... I LOVE loud noise!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • This song kicks arse. Plain and simple.
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    gleemonex wrote:
    I don't think you're going to find much support here. People in this forum love licking Cornell's testicles, especially while he sings a song like this.

edit: Personally I think it's alright, but Slaves & Bulldozers is way better.

I love JCP but i don't love licking chris's testicles.... :(

most of what he did with audioslave sounded about as bad as i would imagine licking his testicles would taste, but i really like JCP matt sounds great on it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I hate he video but good song overall.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • i love jesus christ pose. soundgarden opened with it once when i saw them live and it was such a powerful opening song!
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    it was banned from mtv. I was curious about the meaning of this song and I found this unofficial website
    http://web.stargate.net/soundgarden/releases/sing-jcp.shtml
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Didn't even have to read any of the posts to make a response. JCP may very well be Soundgardens best song ever.
    #FHP
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    fucking brilliant song
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    gotta disagree I like that song.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Not necessarily one of my favourite Soundgarden songs, but the band do really shine on this song, particularly Matt and Chris.
  • DOSW wrote:
    There, I said it.

LOVE Soundgarden, don't really love JCP. At all. And the video is terrible. Everyone's always saying how great it is and how it's a masterpiece and how Kim Thayil is a bad-ass mofo. I disagree!

Who's with me?

(Disclaimer: yes, I'm trying to stir people up. But really, the song is pretty bad, IMO.)

FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There, I said it.
    4-30-03
    7-06-03
    7-11-03
    9-28-04
    9-29-04
    5-13-06
    6-03-06
    6-27-08
  • I love that song.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • "Arms held out like it's,
    The coming of the Lord
    And would it pay you more to walk on water
    Than to wear a crown of thorns
    It wouldn't pain me more to bury you rich
    Than to bury you.....POOR!!!!"

Enter insane guitar riff followed by insane drum and bass riff.

I love that fucking part.

I love that fucking song.

I love that fucking album.

I love that fucking band.

Fuck I want to listen to it now, I am all psyched up!!
    "She knows there is no success like failure
    And that failure's no success at all."

"Don't ya think its sometimes wise not to grow up."

"Cause life ain't nothing but a good groove
    A good mixed tape to put you in the right mood."
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    iluvcats wrote:
    it was banned from mtv. I was curious about the meaning of this song and I found this unofficial website
    http://web.stargate.net/soundgarden/releases/sing-jcp.shtml

Thanks for that. Very interesting. :)

Still love it! Maybe more now!!!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • pjamdude69pjamdude69 Posts: 174
    http://web.stargate.net/soundgarden/images/inline/1998/jcp.gif

I still have the JCP sticker on my igloo lunch box from about 10 or 12 years ago. That song fucking rocks, no doubt about it... Although my fav SG tune of all time is Live Like Suicide, hands down..
    "On the edge of a know-nothin' town, Feelin' quite superior in Den Haag"

11.05.93- Indio, CA
    07.13.98- Inglewood, CA
    10.28.00- San Bernardino, CA
    06.02.03- Irvine, CA
    07.23.06- The Gorge
  • I used to not like this song very much at all. I wouldn't ever skip over it because I like to listen to albums all the way through. So, one day it came on and I just let it carry me away and then it hit me like a ton of bricks; the song was amazing! It rocked me hard and I don't know what I was thinking when I listened to it before.
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    This song has always rocked me!! Some of the best percussion work EVER can be found on this song, and Cornell's vocals are AMAZING!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsHll4ZdKiU

I love the drumming in this song, kicks so much ass, even more live

I was going to show this to a friend. they took it off of youtube.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more