Jesus Christ Pose really sucks.

DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
edited April 2007 in Other Music
There, I said it.

LOVE Soundgarden, don't really love JCP. At all. And the video is terrible. Everyone's always saying how great it is and how it's a masterpiece and how Kim Thayil is a bad-ass mofo. I disagree!

Who's with me?

(Disclaimer: yes, I'm trying to stir people up. But really, the song is pretty bad, IMO.)
It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    Really? I love that song!
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • You're crazy. Mindblowing vocals and a helll of a groove to it.

The video sucks though I'll agree with you there.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • I don't think you're going to find much support here. People in this forum love licking Cornell's testicles, especially while he sings a song like this.

edit: Personally I think it's alright, but Slaves & Bulldozers is way better.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • gleemonex wrote:
    Slaves & Bulldozers is way better.
    And how.

"Make our day"
  • If by "sucks" you mean "rocks", then you are correct :D
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    gleemonex wrote:
    edit: Personally I think it's alright, but Slaves & Bulldozers is way better.

Yes sir. JCP is one of my least favs off of Badmotorfinger, with Slaves and Bulldozers probably being my favorite.

[EDIT] I mean, there's just no melody to it. It's all just loud noise. I hate to sound like that Pinkpop interviewer from 1992 saying it's "loud all over," but it's true. I love my music loud and rockin', but it needs to have some kind of glue to hold it together, which is something that Soundgarden is best at... yet at the same time, it's missing from one of their trademark songs.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    DOSW wrote:
    There, I said it.

LOVE Soundgarden, don't really love JCP. At all. And the video is terrible. Everyone's always saying how great it is and how it's a masterpiece and how Kim Thayil is a bad-ass mofo. I disagree!

Who's with me?

(Disclaimer: yes, I'm trying to stir people up. But really, the song is pretty bad, IMO.)

not me.

but i agree with you about slaves and bulldozers. love belting that one out. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • There's tons of melody in JCP!

It's certainly not their best in that respect though.

Just close your eyes, focus on Cornell's shrieking and let the bass and drum lines rattle your spine..

"Make our day"
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I've never heard it and I cannot get it to play on amazon.com.

i've tried in two different browsers.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • focus on Cornell's shrieking

Cats shriek when they are tossed into swimming pools.

I like the guitars and the fast space of this song. one of my favorite Matt Cameron tracks. but I don't like Cornell's vocals on it at all.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Sorry DOSW, love the song, and OMG! LOVE the vid!! :D

Not a huge fan of their other stuff, well Loud Love because of the vocal, but yeah, if YOU don't like it you don't like it. And fair enough. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    iluvcats wrote:
    I've never heard it and I cannot get it to play on amazon.com.

i've tried in two different browsers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsHll4ZdKiU

I love the drumming in this song, kicks so much ass, even more live
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsHll4ZdKiU

I love the drumming in this song, kicks so much ass, even more live

my bud emailed the song to me and I loved it. I loved the music....could not understand the lyrics but I liked his screaming. It better not be advocating satan or I'll never listen again. I love JC.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • danny72688 wrote:
    If by "sucks" you mean "rocks", then you are correct :D

Your not in hiding anymore from other posts dan.

Jcp not only is everything forementioned praised.

It is on the more technical side for Soundgarden. The bass and drums are very differant from most of their other great work.

And his lyrics are cool in that song.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    The drumming is pretty cool and has a pretty cool groove, but I don't love the guitar or Chris' singing/shrieking too much on this one.

Edit: I couldn't even watch the video the whole way through, it was so fuckin' annoying.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • DOSW wrote:
    Yes sir. JCP is one of my least favs off of Badmotorfinger, with Slaves and Bulldozers probably being my favorite.

[EDIT] I mean, there's just no melody to it. It's all just loud noise. I hate to sound like that Pinkpop interviewer from 1992 saying it's "loud all over," but it's true. I love my music loud and rockin', but it needs to have some kind of glue to hold it together, which is something that Soundgarden is best at... yet at the same time, it's missing from one of their trademark songs.

It has their timing in it. As quick as it is it still has the breakdowns
    and they go back and forth well. So its not as blah as you are making it sound. Their is deffinatly structure to it.
    Face pollution is somewhat in the directioin you are describing. And thats a good song.

no more shows
  • iluvcats wrote:
    my bud emailed the song to me and I loved it. I loved the music....could not understand the lyrics but I liked his screaming. It better not be advocating satan or I'll never listen again. I love JC.
    It's not. The JC pose reference is someone with their 'arms held out' trying to 'save' you... could be a whole lot of things, but it's not sacrilegious. :)

"Make our day"
    It's not. The JC pose reference is someone with their 'arms held out' trying to 'save' you... could be a whole lot of things, but it's not sacrilegious. :)

thanks because I really do like soundgarden :)
    what rocks so much in that song? is it the bass or the drums?
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Jcp not only is everything forementioned praised.

It is on the more technical side for Soundgarden. The bass and drums are very differant from most of their other great work.

And his lyrics are cool in that song.
    I love the drumming, and that filthy sounding bass, so grungy ;)
    The guitar I think is perfection, not overpowering, but still slaps you in the face.

I love the lyrics if they mean what I think they do.
  • iluvcats wrote:
    thanks because I really do like soundgarden :)
    what rocks so much in that song? is it the bass or the drums?
    it's the bass AND the drums!

Cornell is the high point though.. and all you nay sayers of him can eat it.

"Make our day"
    this is spooky....I got Face Pollution to play on amazon but the JC song would not....
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • iluvcats wrote:
    this is spooky....I got Face Pollution to play on amazon but the JC song would not....
    Try to listen to Room a Thousand Years Wide. That's the critical point on the album. I'll send it to you if you can't. Nobody should die without hearing it.

Face Pollution is a sweet one though!
  • larslars Posts: 524
    DOSW wrote:
    There, I said it.

Who's with me?

Shut up
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • eclecticeclectic Posts: 244
    Prefer Spoonman but JCP is def in my top 5 songs of theirs,so no support from me.
    'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
    Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07
  • danny72688 wrote:
    Try to listen to Room a Thousand Years Wide. That's the critical point on the album. I'll send it to you if you can't. Nobody should die without hearing it.

I agree. RATYW and Searching With My Good Eye Closed are the pinnacle of Badmotorfinger.

"Make our day"
    iluvcats wrote:

just get Badmotorfinger and listen to the whole thing :)
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • it's the bass AND the drums!

Cornell is the high point though.. and all you nay sayers of him can eat it.

he is always the highpoint.

but lets get focussed chris and rock for more than 2 tours

no more shows
  • iluvcats wrote:

i will burn you the whole cd its great

no more shows
  • danny72688 wrote:

my good eye into that

purely my fav 2 songs ever

no more shows
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    It has their timing in it. As quick as it is it still has the breakdowns
    and they go back and forth well. So its not as blah as you are making it sound. Their is deffinatly structure to it.
    Face pollution is somewhat in the directioin you are describing. And thats a good song.

You'll probably hate me even more for saying this, but I think JCP and Face Pollution are the two worst tracks on the album, and they're back to back. I sometimes still listen to JCP, but I really don't like Face Pollution.