Bands you HATE to LOVE

2»

Comments

• BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    some of them are... i couldn't imagine seeing the flaming lips in any venue smaller than a festival ;)

but then, i did find that to be the case for built to spill, who kinda sucked at lolla but were great in a club.

he just seemed desperate for attention, trying to get the crowd to sing along with every song or chant stuff in between songs, doing the climbing around thing like an ed-wannabe. it just wasn't very impressive. but maybe it was just something about the festival atmosphere.

Are you talking about Doug from BTS?
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    The Beatles, but I still cannot stand Paul McCarthney and Ringo Starr...what a losers...

John Lennon and George Harrison were my 'people' from the Beatles...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    parel jam wrote:
    The Beatles, but I still cannot stand Paul McCarthney and Ringo Starr...what a losers...

John Lennon and George Harrison were my 'people' from the Beatles...

Say what?
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • bee_boybee_boy Posts: 384
    yosi wrote:
    Say what?

I knew that wasn't gonna go so well
    bee_boy wrote:
    I knew that wasn't gonna go so well

I just don't get why someone would hate to love the Beatles. They are fucking fantastic and most people agree with that. There's nothing embarrassing about it (in my opinion). In fact, I'd be embarrassed if I didn't love the Beatles. Come on, they're so fucking good even if Paul McCartney is an annoying person.
    yosi wrote:
    I just don't get why someone would hate to love the Beatles. They are fucking fantastic and most people agree with that. There's nothing embarrassing about it (in my opinion). In fact, I'd be embarrassed if I didn't love the Beatles. Come on, they're so fucking good even if Paul McCartney is an annoying person.

LOL! True... To be honest, they're not my favourite band and probably never will be, but I do like them and have tremendous respect for them, specially Harrison
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Brainofdz wrote:
    Are you talking about Doug from BTS?

haha, no. that was unclear. i meant jared leto was the attention seeker. doug was practically a mannequin onstage ;) they were great when i saw them in a small venue, but bts just wasnt made for a festival like that. i was just pointing out that the venue can make a difference, but i dont know if it would help 30 seconds to mars. i felt like jared leto was more trying to act like a rock star than put on a good live show with good music.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Kanye West.

AMAZING music but ashamed to like it because he is a dick.

Um...

I like some stuff that is kinda literally gay.

Listen to a band called "Of Montreal". Its the gayest shit but I like it. My Dad would disown me for listening to it. HAHA.....

Also in that same category is Belle & Sebastian. Like them alot but their muic is literally borderline homosexual. At least cross dressing.

:)
    wow... bit of a homophobe then? why has a band being gay got to mean you should hate to love them? I can listen to the smiths with lyrics like "I dreamt about you last night and I fell out bed twice, you can pin and mount me like a butterfly" even though I'm straight, because the sexuality of the band members has fuck all to do with how good their songs are.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • jackson browne.

i think he is a great musician, amazing producer, fantastic songwriter.

but i just can't help feeling like such a yuppy rocking out to doctor my eyes.
    jackson browne.

i think he is a great musician, amazing producer, fantastic songwriter.

but i just can't help feeling like such a yuppy rocking out to doctor my eyes.

Haha, I love Jackson Browne.
  • yosi wrote:
    Haha, I love Jackson Browne.

i still think that "late for the sky" is one of the most beautiful songs ever written. that song stuns me.
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    wow... bit of a homophobe then? why has a band being gay got to mean you should hate to love them? I can listen to the smiths with lyrics like "I dreamt about you last night and I fell out bed twice, you can pin and mount me like a butterfly" even though I'm straight, because the sexuality of the band members has fuck all to do with how good their songs are.

I dont mean it like that. Im not a homophobe in any way.

Listen to those bands and you will know what I mean. It may be the actual sound of blowing a weeks pay on clothes for your dog and "the most amazing shoes EVER".

HAHA...

try not to be so offended.
    "the most amazing shoes EVER".

That is indeed a bit gay
  • Simply Red...

Not really ;) They suck more horse cock than Daniel Radcliffe on a West End stage.

Mine'd be NOFX, Lagwagon and No Use For A Name. They're positively cheesy, but speak volumes to me. Still, they're buried at the bottom of the collection. I'd rather the material at the top be something of great character and cultural significance, y'know?
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I dont mean it like that. Im not a homophobe in any way.

Listen to those bands and you will know what I mean. It may be the actual sound of blowing a weeks pay on clothes for your dog and "the most amazing shoes EVER".

HAHA...

try not to be so offended.
    fair enough. I dont see what is so gay about belle and sebastian though... and for all I know, some of the members might actually BE gay. I cant tell from the music.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Simply Red...

Not really ;) They suck more horse cock than Daniel Radcliffe on a West End stage.

Mine'd be NOFX, Lagwagon and No Use For A Name. They're positively cheesy, but speak volumes to me. Still, they're buried at the bottom of the collection. I'd rather the material at the top be something of great character and cultural significance, y'know?

Another of my points. How you feel good when people notice that you listen to PJ for example... You're proud of your musical taste...

Even though I love Blink 182 I wouldn't put a poster of them in my wall because I'm not so proud of them (does that even make sense?)
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    bee_boy wrote:
    I for one, am a bit ashamed of liking... Blink 182. Enema of the State is one of the funnest records ever, and I'm not too proud to say that I love it.
    i was a die-hard blink fan and still am.i hate that cd with a passion, there last 2 cds were awesome.bands i hate to love would be new found glory and no doubt
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

i was a die-hard blink fan and still am.i hate that cd with a passion, there last 2 cds were awesome.bands i hate to love would be new found glory and no doubt

I used to love No Doubt... that was before Gwen Stefani became a plastic bitch though