Bands you HATE to LOVE

bee_boybee_boy Posts: 384
edited February 2007 in Other Music
I for one, am a bit ashamed of liking... Blink 182. Enema of the State is one of the funnest records ever, and I'm not too proud to say that I love it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I really enjoy Blink 182's final album, not a big fan of the rest of their work though. I have a soft spot for Everclear's "So Much For The Afterglow", it is a terrific radio-rock album. And I enjoy the Brand New album I have(with the astronaut on the cover). It's not embarrasing for me to like these bands, but they are bands that are much different from almost anything else I listen to, so I would have assumed I would have not-liked them based on their style of music, but it turns out I do enjoy them.
  • guns n roses. what a stupid fucking talented band.
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    CREED!!!!!!!!........just kidding.......
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    CM1847 wrote:
    I really enjoy Blink 182's final album, not a big fan of the rest of their work though. I have a soft spot for Everclear's "So Much For The Afterglow", it is a terrific radio-rock album. And I enjoy the Brand New album I have(with the astronaut on the cover). It's not embarrasing for me to like these bands, but they are bands that are much different from almost anything else I listen to, so I would have assumed I would have not-liked them based on their style of music, but it turns out I do enjoy them.

that brand new cd is pretty good, but you should go out and get their new one... got a picture of the reaper and a little girl i think... but it is fucking AMAZING. seriously.

i would say... jet. their power ballads are just so good. they're a lot of fun. i would add buckcherry, but i dont hate them at all.
  • WOW, I sincerely thought only kids listened to Blink 182.

This is interesting to know.
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • bee_boybee_boy Posts: 384
    WOW, I sincerely thought only kids listened to Blink 182.

This is interesting to know.

I would think the same thing if I didn't listen to them myself
  • love is a strong word... but since you brought up blink 182...

I hate blink 182.
    I hate angels and airwaves.
    Yet, I am embarassed to admit, the +44 CD is good.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• doogdoog Posts: 59
    I have a hard time admitting this, but, The Goo Goo Dolls have about 5 or 6 that i really like. I mean, am i supposed to beat myself up every time i enjoy a band that ISN'T the next Zeppelin or Beatles???
  • bee_boybee_boy Posts: 384
    doog wrote:
    I have a hard time admitting this, but, The Goo Goo Dolls have about 5 or 6 that i really like. I mean, am i supposed to beat myself up every time i enjoy a band that ISN'T the next Zeppelin or Beatles???

I really really like the Goo Goo Dolls as well, and I have too questioned myself about that being a good or bad thing. I decided it's a good thing and I'm not ashamed to say I like them.

I hate the bassist though.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    guns n roses. what a stupid fucking talented band.
    hell yes. I grew out of Gn'R when I was about 16 but I just cant deny Appetite for Destruction. with the exception of anything goes (which I still like) it is a PERFECT rock n roll album. anyone who denies it is either lying or stupid. its not clever, its not artistic but my god does it rock and its as genuine as that kind of music gets. unlike motley crue, poison et al, guns genuinely were a bunch of sleazy junkie scumbags making money to get girls. who am I to say that's a bad thing?
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • dirtyT wrote:
    CREED!!!!!!!!........just kidding.......

Seriously...I love Creed's first album. I don't usually tell people that until they get to know me though.
    I'll cut you in.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    30 Seconds to Mars... I don't LOVE them... but I think they're pretty good...
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • I'll admit that I do love Blink 182... I just started getting into them... must say though, their shit before Enema of the State sounded the same... but everything at and after is amazing. The self-titled record is just awesome.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • eclecticeclectic Posts: 244
    I don't think you should feel that way full stop, but I know what you are getting at.In the context of this oh so musically knowledgable board, I guess the fact that I really like some Papa Roach would qualify!?(especially Angels and Insects which I think is great).Also I quite like 3 or 4 U2 songs.
    'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
    Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I kind of hate to say it, but my girlfriend has gotten me to appreciate/like Ben Folds.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • yosi wrote:
    I kind of hate to say it, but my girlfriend has gotten me to appreciate/like Ben Folds.

There is nothing wrong with Ben Folds.

I have a large list of bands people would make fun of me for. I don't care though because I enjoy them all so much. I don't hate to love any band. I love to love them.
    Cock Fight.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Tek Money wrote:
    There is nothing wrong with Ben Folds.

I have a large list of bands people would make fun of me for. I don't care though because I enjoy them all so much. I don't hate to love any band. I love to love them.

Of all people to like, I admit, he's not such a big deal, but I don't know, I'm still a little ashamed of it.

Edit: But after I took my GF to see him for her birthday, I saw that he put on an awesome live show, and his songs just kind of grew on me.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • taratara Posts: 293
    mcr

for shame!!!
    i don't listen listen to them, but i do put them on my ipod when i'm biking or working out, all that teenage angst gets me moving. and i downloaded their stuff, somehow that makes it better right?
    No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it.
    Albert Einstein
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    hell yes. I grew out of Gn'R when I was about 16 but I just cant deny Appetite for Destruction. with the exception of anything goes (which I still like) it is a PERFECT rock n roll album. anyone who denies it is either lying or stupid. its not clever, its not artistic but my god does it rock and its as genuine as that kind of music gets. unlike motley crue, poison et al, guns genuinely were a bunch of sleazy junkie scumbags making money to get girls. who am I to say that's a bad thing?

I'm listening to the new leaked song and it's...good, fuck.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    I think Seether is pretty good. I don't have any of their CD's, but they had a song on the Madden soundtrack a few years ago that was great and I like just about all of their stuff that I've heard on the radio.
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Oasis
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • Linkin Park
    Kanye West
    Audioslave
    NERDS!
  • Kanye West.

AMAZING music but ashamed to like it because he is a dick.

Um...

I like some stuff that is kinda literally gay.

Listen to a band called "Of Montreal". Its the gayest shit but I like it. My Dad would disown me for listening to it. HAHA.....

Also in that same category is Belle & Sebastian. Like them alot but their muic is literally borderline homosexual. At least cross dressing.

:)
  • tara wrote:
    mcr

for shame!!!
    i don't listen listen to them, but i do put them on my ipod when i'm biking or working out, all that teenage angst gets me moving. and i downloaded their stuff, somehow that makes it better right?

MCR is a guilty pleasure of mine, too. I only like the newest album, but I really freaking like it. It's damn good and I recommend it to anyone.
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • Jennytree wrote:
    30 Seconds to Mars... I don't LOVE them... but I think they're pretty good...

I saw them in a small club, and they put on a hell of a show. I have their newest album. It is not bad at all.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
    releeseme wrote:
    I saw them in a small club, and they put on a hell of a show. I have their newest album. It is not bad at all.

really? they sucked at lollapalooza... even my gf was laughing at jared's antics.
  • really? they sucked at lollapalooza... even my gf was laughing at jared's antics.

Shows are always better in a small setting IMO. He did not have too much to say, just played for about an hour and a half. They even stayed around and signed autographs for about 30 min afterward.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Seriously...I love Creed's first album. I don't usually tell people that until they get to know me though.
    that's cool. to each their own. I guess if I had to say one it would be Mazzy Star. Hope's voice is so relaxing and soothing.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • releeseme wrote:

I saw them live once, too. Leto was running through the audience and climbed across the top of the stage lights (it was outdoors and actually looked pretty damn cool). I was happy with the performance.
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
    releeseme wrote:
    Shows are always better in a small setting IMO. He did not have too much to say, just played for about an hour and a half. They even stayed around and signed autographs for about 30 min afterward.

some of them are... i couldn't imagine seeing the flaming lips in any venue smaller than a festival ;)

but then, i did find that to be the case for built to spill, who kinda sucked at lolla but were great in a club.

he just seemed desperate for attention, trying to get the crowd to sing along with every song or chant stuff in between songs, doing the climbing around thing like an ed-wannabe. it just wasn't very impressive. but maybe it was just something about the festival atmosphere.