Options

ryan adams (easy tiger)

prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
edited July 2007 in Other Music
its been just over a week since i brought the album, what does everyone think? i think it's his best since gold
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=248533

All I know is, "Halloweenhead" is my new favorite song.
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    im a big ryan adams & i like the new album alot but i wouldn't put it in his top 3. there's not really anything new here, not that that's a bad thing when you're mr adams, but i hear alot of his other songs in this album. that's my 2 cents.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211
    itsevobaby wrote:
    im a big ryan adams & i like the new album alot but i wouldn't put it in his top 3. there's not really anything new here, not that that's a bad thing when you're mr adams, but i hear alot of his other songs in this album. that's my 2 cents.

I know exactly what you mean, but then that could just mean he's found a style. In an interview last week, he said that the Cardinals had learned 120-150 songs for the autumn tour! Doubtless one or two will sound a bit similar...

Turns out when he played the Koko a few weeks ago, my favourite song that night wasn't one of his own - it was 'Blue Hotel' which is actually off the new Willie Nelson album (which Ryan produced...)
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I'm really liking Easy Tiger. I hope he comes my way, I'd love to see him perform. His performance on Letterman was great, by the way. "Two" is a great slow jam.
  • Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Great album, loving it. Very solid all the way through.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    It think it's okay. And . . .that's all I can say about it. I can't name one song that I truly love or hate. Except maybe the "guitar solo" moment in "Halloweenhead." It's absurd compared with all the other pretty little songs on the record. I can't decide if it's one of the greatest things I've ever heard or one of the worst. I guess that's saying something.
  • Options
    its just ok. kinda disappointing. i'd rank it towards the end of all his albums.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 177
    really solid.... my stand out tracks are:two, everbody knows, halloween head, rip off, the sun also sets, oh my god whatever ect.

Any word on a fall tour? He is definitely one of my favorite acts to see. Too bad he hates philly.....
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
  • Options
    BlyssBlyss Posts: 166
    I like it a lot more than 29 or Jacksonville, i only just got it but i'm really liking it so far.
  • Options
    larslars Posts: 524
    wanker music
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Options
    jsasojsaso Posts: 179
    is ryan adams the next bryan adams...i think not!
    i like the young restless guy
  • Options
    AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    Keller wrote:
    really solid.... my stand out tracks are:two, everbody knows, halloween head, rip off, the sun also sets, oh my god whatever ect.

Any word on a fall tour? He is definitely one of my favorite acts to see. Too bad he hates philly.....

He will be touring in the fall - if you bought Easy Tiger on iTunes, you got a presale code for the fall dates.

My favorite song on the new record is "These Girls"; no one else seems to like it, though! :D
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    lars wrote:
    wanker music
    how so? and do you ever say anything positive?
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    wanker music because its more gay than ruffus painwright
  • Options
    pantera rules....now that´s possitive
  • Options
    cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    lars wrote:
    wanker music because its more gay than ruffus painwright

you know how i know you're gay? you used rufus wainright as a basis of comparison. go beat off to some '5 minutes alone' or something.
  • Options
    Everybody Knows is the song I keep coming back to on Easy Tiger
    hate was just a legend
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    yep yep yep.
    i can't really offer an unbiased opinion cause there's nothing i don't like about ryan adams. only had it for 6 days so ill let you know maybe later what i really think. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    cc10106 wrote:
    you know how i know you're gay? you used rufus wainright as a basis of comparison. go beat off to some '5 minutes alone' or something.
    did I hit a sour spot? does the truth hurt? I will edit my post though. Rufus Wainright is gay mans music and ryan adams is girls music. Pantera is for the cool man.
  • Options
    Spot on lars.....Pantera are the greatest! Rrrrrrrraaaaaarrrgh!!!
    It´s the great southern trendkill!!!!
  • Options
    BlyssBlyss Posts: 166
    lars wrote:
    pantera rules....now that´s possitive

well that just displays your bad taste right there.
    You really have something against ryan adams huh:)
  • Options
    Blyss wrote:
    well that just displays your bad taste right there.
    You really have something against ryan adams huh:)
    bryan adams is better
  • Options
    lars wrote:
    bryan adams is better

The Bryan Adams jokes are waaaaaay beyond tired. Ryan Adams isn't for everyone. Go start up a Cannibal Corpse or Pantera thread. I'm sure you'll get a big response on the Pearl Jam forums.
  • Options
    gabers wrote:
    The Bryan Adams jokes are waaaaaay beyond tired. Ryan Adams isn't for everyone. Go start up a Cannibal Corpse or Pantera thread. I'm sure you'll get a big response on the Pearl Jam forums.
    ryan adams is for no-one. He said in an interview I read in Metal Hammer mag that he likes getting stuff up his bum. Bryan Bryan Bryan!!
  • Options
    lars wrote:
    ryan adams is for no-one. He said in an interview I read in Metal Hammer mag that he likes getting stuff up his bum. Bryan Bryan Bryan!!

Are you even old enough to be posting in these forums?! Isn't there an age requirement?!
  • Options
    lars wrote:
    did I hit a sour spot? does the truth hurt? I will edit my post though. Rufus Wainright is gay mans music and ryan adams is girls music. Pantera is for the cool man.
    can't we get this moron banned for homophobia?
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Freddie Mercury
    George Michael
    Jeremy1012
  • Options
    hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    I think we're stuck with Lars till he's banned. He must have been banned from one of the moderated Ryan boards.

I'm fine with it. It's a pretty funny phenomenon: someone that spends this much time and effort (finding ryan adams threads on a pearl jam site) bad-mouthing someone they have never met and seemingly have little knowledge of their public art.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Options
    lars wrote:
    Freddie Mercury
    George Michael
    Jeremy1012
    you're a total idiot. I'm not entirely sure why I'm gracing you with a reply when you are either just a total idiot or you just like irritating people. maybe I just can't seem to sign off without telling you that you're a moron and no one here has any respect for anything that you have to say.
    oh, and for the record, as hilarious as your little list of "gay" people was there, and my god didn't we all have a little giggle, I'm not gay. however, unlike you, I have nothing against it since I'm not a small-minded clown.

have a nice day
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    you're a total idiot. I'm not entirely sure why I'm gracing you with a reply when you are either just a total idiot or you just like irritating people. maybe I just can't seem to sign off without telling you that you're a moron and no one here has any respect for anything that you have to say.
    oh, and for the record, as hilarious as your little list of "gay" people was there, and my god didn't we all have a little giggle, I'm not gay. however, unlike you, I have nothing against it since I'm not a small-minded clown.

have a nice day
    what a gay remark