Options

Rate Your Last 3 Albums

Comments

• Options
    jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    Al Green - Greatest Hits - 9.5

Pearl Jam - Avocado - 8.5 (still waiting for this one, it gets better everytime like RA did except Marker in the Sand - WTF horrible chorus, didn't even sound right live)

Mariah Carey - emancipation of mimi , platinum version - 10 absolutely brilliant and powerful modern r&b IMO

PJ 8.5 & Mariah 10?

Whoa.
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • Options
    jammerfall wrote:
    PJ 8.5 & Mariah 10?

Whoa.
    yeah that and he/she hates the chorus in MITS.

:eek:

creed fan trying to shake us up?
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Last 3 Albums:

Tool - Aenima 9/10
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium 9/10
    Metallica - Kill em All 9/10

I guess I just dont buy bad albums:D
    ......._________________________
    ....../ `---GLORIFIED_G----_____|] ===
    ...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
    .....), ---.(_(__) /
    ....// (..) ), ----"
    ...//___//
    ..//___//
    .//___//
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Soundgarden - Louder Than Love (8.5/10)
    Pantera - Cowboys from hell (8/10)
    Weather Report - Heavy Weather (9/10)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Soundgarden - Louder Than Love (8.5/10)

Yeaaaaaahhhhhh i know what to do! I'm gonna...... :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    BUM

BAH

BUM

BAH

DA dadadadadada DAAAAa dadadadadadada....

That song live from "louder than live" is AWESOME... the vocals on the studio i'm not crazy about but live.. oh man...

"Make our day"
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    oh god what a song that is :D "dontcha dontcha wanna thrill me?"
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    oh god what a song that is :D "dontcha dontcha wanna thrill me?"
    Tell me if you think it's ugly!
    Dontchyou wanna touhc it anyway?!?!?!?

Or maybe..

"No! don't worry! Everything's Clean.. roadworthy, hungry and meannnnnnnnn"

*bangs head*

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Tell me if you think it's ugly!
    Dontchyou wanna touhc it anyway?!?!?!?

Or maybe..

"No! don't worry! Everything's Clean.. roadworthy, hungry and meannnnnnnnn"

*bangs head*
    or that amazing note that chris holds after the intro to Loud Love when you think its feedback but its him :) I challenged a friend to sing that note and he made it but not with anywhere near the power of chris.
  • Options
    Broken Boy - 9 out of 10. Would be 10, but Call It A Day and Together do nothing for me. I like the fast version of Call It A Day in concert, but the the studio version is blah.

The Eraser - 6 out of 10. More good than bad, but nothing stellar.

Pearl Jam - 7.5 out of 10. Some strong songs. But, I can't go higher since I haven't been drawn to listen to it a lot since about a couple weeks after it was released. The only real dislike is Comatose.
  • Options
    Soul Asylum- Silver Lining - 8/10 & climbing.

Best of Blues (it's got BB king, Muddy Waters..) 9/10

Jewel - Goodbye Alice in Woderland....5/10
    either I have to listen to it more to get into it, or it is a total disappointment.
    bcos this would make the first Cd of hers I dislike. Hopefully it will grow on me.

BTW - PJ ...........scale of 10.....20! ;)
    No need to be void,.. or save up on life,...
    Got to spend it all,.....

"Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music." EV

1-14-95, 9-04-00, 7-01-03, 5-30-06, 10-21-06, 10-22-06, 6-17-08, 6-22-08, 8-16-08 E.V., 6-15-09 E.V., 10-28-09, 5-13-10.
  • Options
    Broken Boy - 9 out of 10. Would be 10, but Call It A Day and Together do nothing for me. I like the fast version of Call It A Day in concert, but the the studio version is blah.

The Eraser - 6 out of 10. More good than bad, but nothing stellar.

Pearl Jam - 7.5 out of 10. Some strong songs. But, I can't go higher since I haven't been drawn to listen to it a lot since about a couple weeks after it was released. The only real dislike is Comatose.

Comatose? oh my..

did you attend any shows my friend? bootleg maybe?
    I guess to each their own. Not picking on ur opinion..just surprised. one of my favs.
    No need to be void,.. or save up on life,...
    Got to spend it all,.....

"Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music." EV

1-14-95, 9-04-00, 7-01-03, 5-30-06, 10-21-06, 10-22-06, 6-17-08, 6-22-08, 8-16-08 E.V., 6-15-09 E.V., 10-28-09, 5-13-10.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    or that amazing note that chris holds after the intro to Loud Love when you think its feedback but its him :) I challenged a friend to sing that note and he made it but not with anywhere near the power of chris.
    I just went and listened to it for the 1000th time and i nearly had an orgasm. :eek:

"Make our day"
  • Options
    I just went and listened to it for the 1000th time and i nearly had an orgasm. :eek:
    It's unreal isn't it? I nearly spat out my drink the first time I heard it and realised it was chris and not Kim on guitar :D It's just mental
  • Options
    JussiJussi Posts: 10
    Jammin909 wrote:
    Thursday- City by the light divided - 9

Bill Laswell- Only way is down - 8

Zen Cafe- Helvetisti järkeä- 9

Nice.. Didn't expect to see someone from Romania would listen to Zen Cafe.. :)

Sufjan Stevens invites you to come on feel the Illinoise - 10

Richmond Fontaine: The Fitzgerald - 9

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: Your Funeral My Trial - 8
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    The Doors - The Soft Parade - 7.5
    Rush - All the World's a Stage - 8.5
    Tool - 10,000 Days - 8 (in comparison, Lateralus is a 10 and Aenima is a 9)
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    1. Rolling Stones "Sticky Fingers" 10/10....THE album by THE band....had to replace my older cd as my son accidently scratched it with one of his toys (he is two and he somehow took it out of the cd player)

2. Pearl Jam "2006 in Cincinatti) 8/10 great performance with not many rarities, but Leash makes it worth it along with Long Road opener

3. Pearl Jam "Pearl Jam"9.4/10 Very Strong album, I put it right below Yield and Vs and above Vitalogy and above Ten (simply because I have heard that one so much over the years)
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    live-songs from black mountain 7/10 (havn't really got into it yet....only had 2 real listens)
    Alice in Chains- dirt 8.5/10
    Soundgarden- Louder than Love 8/10
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    The Flaming Lips- At War with the Mystics- 9
    My Morning Jacket- Z- 8
    Stadium Arcadium- RHCP- 6.5

theres a few GREAT songs off the new chili peppers album, and the double album is a cool idea...............but not when there's so much filler. the guys aren't the beatles releasing the white album. plus, i like their older stuff better. the flaming lips and my morning jacket's albums are some of the more refreshing music ive heard in a long time, other than of course pearl jam. nice to know that there is still quality music out there. you just wont find it in the mainstream.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    television - marquee moon 9
    the church - uninvited, like the clouds 9.5
    robert pollard - not in my airforce 9.5
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds: Abbatoir Blues/Lyre Of Orpheus - 9/10

Muse: Black Holes & Revelations - 7/10

Miles Davis: Kind Of Blue - 10/10
    the needle & the damage done
  • Options
    live-songs from black mountain 7/10 (havn't really got into it yet....only had 2 real listens)
    Alice in Chains- dirt 8.5/10
    Soundgarden- Louder than Love 8/10
    Dirt only 8.5/10? are you for real? that album cannot be rated in that way. it transcends such things. 15/10 is an insult, nevermind 8.5
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Flyleaf "Flyleaf"-- 7....digging this band some rocking songs, but gets a little redundant as the cd goes on

Stone Sour "Whatever May Come"-- 8....suprisingly good cd with both hard/soft rock that blends well together

The Racounteurs "Broken Boy Soldier"--8....its Jack White what else can be said
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I got some cd's over the weekend. I can't really rate them yet i need time to digest them.

Destroyers- Rubies
    Gospel- The Moon is a Dead World
    Kylesa-To walk a Middle Course
    Jose Gonzalez- Veener
    Charles Mingus- Mingus Ah Um
    Sound Team-Movie Monster
    Tom Petty- Highway Companion

I love Tower Records having buy 4 get 1 free deals :D

Lots of listening ahead of me :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    Death Cab For Cutie - Plans 7/10
    Nina Gordon - Bleeding Heart Graffiti 6/10
    Dirty Pretty Things - Waterloo To Anywhere 4/10

Just got these on Friday. I think Nina Gordon & Death Cab will rate higher after a few more listenings. As for DPT, don't believe the hype.

Ahh...I buy way too much music. ;)
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    30 Seconds To Mars ~ A Beautiful Lie ~ 8/10

James Blunt ~ Back To Bedlam ~ 10+

Interpol ~ Turn On The Bright Lights ~ 10+
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    Thom Yorke - The Eraser 9,5/10 (Possibly the best of 06)

Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights 7/10

Tomahawk - Tomahawk 6/10

I only cut half a point off Thom because I have to be in the right mood to listen to it. But seeing as I often am, that record routinely blows me away. Headphones recommended.

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    The Sleepy Jackson- Personality - 6.5

Sonic Youth- Rather Ripped- 8.5

The Raconteours- Broken Boy Soldiers- 9.0
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Dirt only 8.5/10? are you for real? that album cannot be rated in that way. it transcends such things. 15/10 is an insult, nevermind 8.5
    ive only listened to it a few times. i know it has some absolutally great songs on it, it is definatley a great record. but i try to keep mildly realistic with my ratings. i think i was probably to generous with the new live release, it aint that great. 6 maybe...

ill get back to you on dirt, maybe in a few weeks ill be giving it that 15/10 you believe it deserves... ;)
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Options
    yeah that and he/she hates the chorus in MITS.

:eek:

creed fan trying to shake us up?

nah, i should have mentioned that i was rating each for its genre. overall, i would definately take avocado over mariah, but i love the new mariah for what it is. Avocado is a 8.5 to 9.0 and growing eachday (except MITS) for rock and the pearljam catalog and emancipation of mimi is close to a 10 for r&b, but i prefer pearljam no doubt about it. who knows i could wind up liking avocado like i do riot act. it took about a year for me to really love that album, but seriously, the MITS chorus did't even sound right inconcert
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown