Comments

• KISS in 1979...memorial auditorium in buffalo, new york...i was 5
    "I never make plans that far ahead"
  • KISS in 1979...memorial auditorium in buffalo, new york...i was 5

that's badass :D
  • oingo boingo!!! good times
    OBAMA BABY
  • fleetwood mac at Jones beach

Stevie is awsome and lindsay is one of the most underrated guitarists of all time
  • BiancaBianca Posts: 325
    Werchter, 1993, with Metallica, Lenny Kravitz, REM, Clawfinger,and tons of others.
    I tell people I have the heart of a small girl, than I tell them it's in a jar on my desk.
  • niknik Posts: 262
    Bianca wrote:
    Werchter, 1993, with Metallica, Lenny Kravitz, REM, Clawfinger,and tons of others.

Bryan Adams :o with Squeeze, Little Angels and Extreme as support...Wembley 1992
    "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life...I know you'll be a star"
    Astoria 20-4-06 (when pj rocked)

Dublin 2006....Alive,Black,RVM,Leash...awesome)

*Astoria Crew*

www.pearljam70.piczo.com- for some delicious pics of Eddie
    http://www.myspace.com/pjrocks4ever

Nik = Nicki (female)
  • NIRVANA / BREEDERS / TEENAGE FANCLUB

The Point, Dublin

June 1992

I was nearly 16. Dave Grohl wore a bra.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    1995.......Lynard Skynard, Doobie Brothers, Kenny Wayne Shepard and the Atlanta Rhythm Section.
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • NIRVANA / BREEDERS / TEENAGE FANCLUB

The Point, Dublin

June 1992

I was nearly 16. Dave Grohl wore a bra.

wow! :) ...not about the bra ;)
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    I lived 2 hours east of Toronto at the time and had just turned 16 which meant no drivers licence..my buddy bailed and I wasn't allowed to head to the city by myself and I missed that show..I had a hard time forgiving him ..that line up is amazing..

I was around the same age at the time.... I had to work that morning, and my manager kept me a little late.... my friend and I rushed down to the CNE, and asked around if PJ had gone on stage yet... everyone said that they thought they hadn't..... we bought scalper tickets.... we got into Exhibition Stadium in time to hear "...THEY'RE ALL WASTED!!!..... Thank You Toronto!" and PJ left the stage....

THAT was the crappiest day of my 16 year old life. :(
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    I was around the same age at the time.... I had to work that morning, and my manager kept me a little late.... my friend and I rushed down to the CNE, and asked around if PJ had gone on stage yet... everyone said that they thought they hadn't..... we bought scalper tickets.... we got into Exhibition Stadium in time to hear "...THEY'RE ALL WASTED!!!..... Thank You Toronto!" and PJ left the stage....

THAT was the crappiest day of my 16 year old life. :(

Those are 2 very sad stories.....not to rub salt in old wounds BUT that was one of the greatest days of my 16 year old life. A great introduction to the concert scene

...speaking of being wasted - Eddie was soooooooo drunk at that show. I saw an interview with him on MuchMusic the day of the show and he made NO sense (he was sporting a bottle of wine), could barely open his eyes....pretty interesting - I have looked all over youtube to find video of the interview but have had no luck

...at least you got to see Neil in all his glory
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • come on people, keep this thread going!!
  • perhapsperhaps Posts: 20
    Besides some corny school function with some kiddie singer in 93 and my friend's band, Moth Syndrome in the summer of 98 at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park NJ, my first concert of was:

8/28/98: Mudhoney, Iggy Pop, Pearl Jam - Tweeter Center, Camden NJ
    1998: 08/28
    2000: 09/01
    2003: 04/28, 07/05, 07/06
    2005: 10/03
    2006: 05/27, 06/03
    2008: 06/19, 06/25
    2009: 10/28, 10/31
  • Violent Femmes in a park in Milwaukee...Miller Marittime Days, maybe? I was 12 or so.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • SarahGSarahG Posts: 11
    James, at the Edinburgh Playhouse - all seating! Was in about 1990.
  • Faith No More, Metallica, and Guns and Roses. Back in 92, I was 13, i think. FNM and Metallica were the shit. GnR (well, Axl) sucked. Also the Metrodome is no place for a concert... too echoey (is that a word?)
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • Faith No More, Metallica, and Guns and Roses. Back in 92, I was 13, i think. FNM and Metallica were the shit. GnR (well, Axl) sucked. Also the Metrodome is no place for a concert... too echoey (is that a word?)
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • pearl jam night one st. paul. Pretty cool
  • Not sure of the year (80's)- my dad took me, Michael Jackson/Jackson Brothers for the Thriller/Victory tour.
    "Music is excellent therapy."
  • Dire Straits in '83 i think ( Arnhem )
    Hold me, and make it the truth,...
    That when all is lost there will be you,...
    Cause to the universe I don't mean a thing
    And there's just one word I stil believe
    And it's Love

29-08-06 (Arnhem)
    28-06-07 (Nijmegen)
    27-06-10 (Nijmegen)
  • KISS / Cheap Trick

"Love Gun" Tour 1977

I was 12
  • KISS Alive II tour -- 1977 -- Lubbock (First show of the Alive II tour) Halloween night.
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Puff Daddy and the Family. Don't laugh.
  • Another Roadside Attraction, Vancouver, 1997.
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    Tragically Hip - Phantom Power tour

They opened with Something On and closed the last encore with Fire in the Hole. too bad Winnipeg Arena was the single worst venue in the history of music
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    I started late, guys and gals...Rush, Vapor Trails tour at the gorge....couple years ago, I believe
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • gillisgillis Posts: 17
    Early 80's Toronto and the Lydia Taylor Band rocked the house ....lol
    PJ
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    mine was Bodycount in '95 (at Werchter's summer festival, Belgium)
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Glastonbury 1992- Billy Bragg and Lou Reed. Five years old. spent the whole weekend on my Dad's shoulders :) Loved every minute.
  • SaveYou76 wrote:
    Simple, where and who was your very first concert ever?

Mine was Billy Joel/Cleveland/year??(Storm Front tour!!)

Mine was GnR and Aerosmith. I believe it was in 88-89 sometime.