Anyone else still listen to Fugazi?

2»

Comments

• julienovajulienova Posts: 118
    Jeremy, we are seemingly the only people besides Eddie Vedder who care about this. Yeah, I am not that crazy about the Joe Lally solo album. This however, rocks my effing world. Don't navigate from the page, and you can hear many, many Dischord songs in their full glory.

http://www.dischord.com/downloads
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I want my wedding song to be Long Distance Runner :D
  • Fugazi is one of my top 3 favorite bands right now. I listen to In On the Kill Taker the most out of all their albums. I just got Furniture +2 which is excellent.
    7/16/06 7/18/06
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    julienova wrote:
    Jeremy, we are seemingly the only people besides Eddie Vedder who care about this. Yeah, I am not that crazy about the Joe Lally solo album. This however, rocks my effing world. Don't navigate from the page, and you can hear many, many Dischord songs in their full glory.

http://www.dischord.com/downloads
    you are a complete genius. how did you find that page? you can't get to it from the homepage can you? I love you :D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    you are a complete genius. how did you find that page? you can't get to it from the homepage can you? I love you :D

Love ya too, Jeremy. Since I live in DC area, I regularly check the Dischord site for tour info, etc. Ian has been talking about this forever, it finally got at least partially implemented. And yeah, you can get it from the revamped homepage.
    julienova wrote:
    Love ya too, Jeremy. Since I live in DC area, I regularly check the Dischord site for tour info, etc. Ian has been talking about this forever, it finally got at least partially implemented. And yeah, you can get it from the revamped homepage.
    yeah I found it afterwards. shame the tracks aren't available for download yet. I checked out a bunch of them and am now pretty excited about Faraquet, Lungfish and the warmers.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    I fucking love FUGAZI! But I can't stand Steady Diet.

(1) The Argument (one my top 5 favorite albums)
    (2) End Hits
    (3) 13 Songs
    (4) Repeater
    (5) In on the Kill Taker
    (6) Red Medicine
    (7) Steady Diet of Nothing (the title is so true)
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
    btb002 wrote:
    I fucking love FUGAZI! But I can't stand Steady Diet.

(1) The Argument (one my top 5 favorite albums)
    (2) End Hits
    (3) 13 Songs
    (4) Repeater
    (5) In on the Kill Taker
    (6) Red Medicine
    (7) Steady Diet of Nothing (the title is so true)
    steady diet is great. I'm the opposite :) my least favourite is the argument. how can you not like Stacks, reclamation etc?

1) 13 songs
    2) Steady Diet of nothing
    3) Repeater
    4) Red Medicine
    5) End hits
    6) In on the kill taker
    7) The argument
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    steady diet is great. I'm the opposite :) my least favourite is the argument. how can you not like Stacks, reclamation etc?

1) 13 songs
    2) Steady Diet of nothing
    3) Repeater
    4) Red Medicine
    5) End hits
    6) In on the kill taker
    7) The argument

Isn't it funny how we could all slice it different ways? For me:
    1) Red Medicine
    2) In on the kill taker
    3) End Hits
    4) 13 Songs
    5) Steady Diet of Nothing
    6) Repeater
    7) Instrument Soundtrack
    8) Argument

But they are all good, I just don't care too much for some of Guy's contributions to the Argument. Epic Problem and the Argument are classic Ian MacKaye songs.
    julienova wrote:
    Isn't it funny how we could all slice it different ways? For me:
    1) Red Medicine
    2) In on the kill taker
    3) End Hits
    4) 13 Songs
    5) Steady Diet of Nothing
    6) Repeater
    7) Instrument Soundtrack
    8) Argument

But they are all good, I just don't care too much for some of Guy's contributions to the Argument. Epic Problem and the Argument are classic Ian MacKaye songs.
    I agree on the stuff about The Argument. I also listed Repeater and Red Medicine around the wrong way but it doesnt make a huge difference. Seems that I'm more of a fan of the older stuff... but I really like End Hits and red medicine.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I could never get into Fugazi. A friend gave me copies of 13 Songs and Repeater to listen to, but the vocals are just not my cup of tea.

I definitely respect what they stand for, though. I'm just not a fan of their music.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    DOSW wrote:
    I could never get into Fugazi. A friend gave me copies of 13 Songs and Repeater to listen to, but the vocals are just not my cup of tea.

I definitely respect what they stand for, though. I'm just not a fan of their music.
    thats fair enough. took me a while to get into Guy's vocals, although I always liked Ian's, even in Minor Threat when he just shouted :D I'm currently trying to get a friend into Fugazi. she bought The Argument ages ago and didnt like it so thats her only introduction to them. I assured her that that wasn't a fair representation of their music. Maybe you'll like the later stuff though? the vocals certainly improved even if some of the intensity was lost.
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
  • Thought I'd revive this thread once again. After seeing this come up over and over again i decided to check fugazi out and i definetely have to say that they are fuckin amazing!! I got In on the kill taker and steady diet of nothing after seeing those two constantly mentioned as being pretty good. i think i'm liking steady diet more at this point but it's always back & forth for me.

I'd ask what album to buy next but the way everybody has differing opinions on what albums they like, it seems pretty pointless :D. I think i'm going to get red medicine next. Thanks though for turning me on to this awesome band!!
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Thought I'd revive this thread once again. After seeing this come up over and over again i decided to check fugazi out and i definetely have to say that they are fuckin amazing!! I got In on the kill taker and steady diet of nothing after seeing those two constantly mentioned as being pretty good. i think i'm liking steady diet more at this point but it's always back & forth for me.

I'd ask what album to buy next but the way everybody has differing opinions on what albums they like, it seems pretty pointless :D. I think i'm going to get red medicine next. Thanks though for turning me on to this awesome band!!

Honestly, you can't go wrong, I think Argument is the only album I find myself skipping more than one song on. 13 Songs is also a good choice, given what else you like. In the end, look at it as a relatively inexpensive hobby that will max out, given they aren't recording again anytime soon. Unless, of course, you get sucked into the live series.

Do order from Dischord.com though, they are incredibly efficient, and cheaper than retail. Plus, they are really, really nice people.