Metallica - Death Magnetic album cover

2»

Comments

• I agree. I also agree that it looks like a vagina. The album title is pure cheese... They should've gone with "St Anger", now THAT would never ooze cheese... oh wait...

How about just 'Oozy cheese'?

Or 'Magnetic cheese'?

Or 'Death Manchego'?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Vitalogy7Vitalogy7 Posts: 75
    At least it looks better than "St. Failure."
    Although, thats not saying too much to begin with, lol.
    "Up here so high the sky I scrape,
    I'm so high I hold just one breath here within my chest,
    Just like innocence."
  • can't wait for this album. i love everything metallica. tracklisting now up on metallica.com

unforgiven III !!
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    How about just 'Oozy cheese'?

Or 'Magnetic cheese'?

Or 'Death Manchego'?
    Emmenthallica?
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Emmenthallica?
    I think they should just go the whole hog and call it "Deathica Magnetica".
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    fucking sweet.

I wonder what the "new song" is called.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Apparently last weeks Kerrang came with a cd of Iron Maiden covers, including one by Metallica.(an iron maiden cover not One by Metallica);)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • The_Fixer The_Fixer Posts: 255
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untitled_Metallica_album

On July 16, 2008, James Hetfield commented on the album's title:
    “ Death Magnetic, at least the title, to me [...] started out as kind of a tribute to people that have fallen in our business, like Layne Staley and a lot of the people that have died, basically — rock and roll martyrs of sorts. And then it kind of grew from there. Thinking about death… some people are drawn towards it, and just like a magnet, [and] other people are afraid of it and push away. And the concept that we're all gonna die sometimes is over-talked about and then a lot of times never talked about — no one wants to bring it up; it's the big white elephant in the living room. But we all have to deal with it at some point. ”
    —James Hetfield

I'm not a Metallica fan in any way but it's cool that J.H mentions Layne.
    Montreal 08/20/98 | New York 09/11/98 | Wantagh 08/24/00 | Montreal 10/04/00 | Montreal 06/29/03 | Montreal 09/15/05
    Toronto 05/10/06 | Vancouver 04/02//08 (Ed) | Manchester 06/14/08 | Montreal 08/09/08 (Ed) | Montreal 08/10/08 (Ed) 
    Albany 06/08/09 (Ed) | Philadelphia 10/31/09 | Montreal 09/07/11 | Ottawa 05/08/16 | Brooklyn 04/07/17 (RRHOF)
    Dana Point 09/09/17 (Ed) | Rome 06/26/18
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untitled_Metallica_album

On July 16, 2008, James Hetfield commented on the album's title:
    “ Death Magnetic, at least the title, to me [...] started out as kind of a tribute to people that have fallen in our business, like Layne Staley and a lot of the people that have died, basically — rock and roll martyrs of sorts. And then it kind of grew from there. Thinking about death… some people are drawn towards it, and just like a magnet, [and] other people are afraid of it and push away. And the concept that we're all gonna die sometimes is over-talked about and then a lot of times never talked about — no one wants to bring it up; it's the big white elephant in the living room. But we all have to deal with it at some point. ”
    —James Hetfield

I'm not a Metallica fan in any way but it's cool that J.H mentions Layne.

fucking ssweet

thanks for posting

LAYNE FTW!
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Emmenthallica?

LOL :D

That won't be beaten.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    LOL :D

That won't be beaten.
    I was worried you weren't going to re-read this thread and you'd miss that :D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    Wow. That totally 70's coffin or 70's metal filament (however you wanna interpret it).
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Brain Of E wrote:
    Actually, it's supposed to the the magnetic field around the coffin, get it? Death Magnetic. Anyway, here's a quote by James Hetfield explaining the title:

"Death Magnetic, at least the title, to me, started out as kind of a tribute to people that have fallen in our business, like Layne Staley and a lot of the people that have died, basically — rock and roll martyrs of sorts. And then it kind of grew from there. Thinking about death… some people are drawn towards it, and just like a magnet, [and] other people are afraid of it and push away. And the concept that we're all gonna die sometimes is over-talked about and then a lot of times never talked about — no one wants to bring it up; it's the big white elephant in the living room. But we all have to deal with it at some point. ”

I have a feeling JH is speaking of Layne in part with his struggles with alcohol and it's severity which could've led to his own death. He's right hardly no one speaks of death. Just today I need to realized I need make living will in case something happens to me and what would happen to my daughter. When we get back from our cruise I'm scheduled to set up one.

It's a tough subject but one we ALL need to face at some point.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)