New Heavy Bands!

2»

Comments

• BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Mastadon (Required listening for anyone who can remotely stand metal)
    Superjoint Ritual (Not new but certainy underground, check them out)

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    Check out Cannibal Corpse too!
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I BrisK I wrote:
    tool arn't heavy !
    Don't be stupid, yes they are. What you mean to say is that they are not thrash, at least judging by your examples.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    viggs20 wrote:
    I guess they aren't death metal like Entombed, At The Gates or Morbid Angel but SYL is pretty fucking heavy. Let's just call it metal.

No question. SYL is one of the heaviest bands I know of. Their new disc is amazing. But really heavy metal doesn't make it death metal :P
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    Ministry
    Kyuss
    Fantomas
  • TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    Shadows Fall
    Lamb of God
    God Forbid
    Chimaira
    Nevermore
    All That Remains
    Mastodon

...those are the ones that come to mind right now
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    anyone heard of or like the red chord? a guy i used to work with has been in the band for a few years now and they have been touring almost non-stop. pretty cool that they are going to be on the ozzfest this year.

http://www.theredchord.com/

http://server3.hxcmp3.com/bands/3832/index.php

i forgot to add beyond the sixth seal. same guy plus another guy i worked with at a record store are in the band.

http://www.myspace.com/beyondthesixthseal
  • PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    pjalive21 wrote:
    yeah i mentioned Candiria at least once on here, i like them because they play a backwards style of music if you know what i mean......

Yeah, they are truly light years ahead of thier time! ..and came sooooo close to not being here at all anymore (they got in a huge car accident a few years ago)
    If you get a chance, go see them live, you will be speechless. Plus, they are all great people to hang with.

They have some live tracks on the myspace page I think its http://www.myspace.com/candiria (yes, the link works)
  • Has anyone mentioned the English band Queen Adreena yet? They're just amazing.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • promitheuspromitheus Posts: 39
    Yefa wrote:
    I've really gotten into Xasthur...cool band. Here's a page for Xasthur made by another fan.

http://www.myspace.com/xasthurband

Some more recommendations by me:
    Khanate
    Nachtmystium
    Corrupted
    5ive
    Absu
    Finntroll
    Pentagram
    Pharaoh Overlord
    YOB

Hails to Xasthur. I've been trying to find A gatethrough bloodstained mirrors on cd for a while now. You should check it out, total bliss.

Also, I cannot believe you guys fail to mention Mayhem, Burzum, Immortal etc...
    A small girl smiles...one eyelid flickers, she whips a pistol from her knickers. She aims it at the preacher's head. And run (run, bang) she shoots him dead.
    well none of those bands are really new.

But Immortal is 20 times better than anyone's favourite band.
  • promitheuspromitheus Posts: 39
    Echoes wrote:
    well none of those bands are really new.

But Immortal is 20 times better than anyone's favourite band.

True, but look at the band that kid has listed. I don't think he would have come across these classic bands. Why would you care if they were new or not? It's not exactly like they can be considered trendy.
    A small girl smiles...one eyelid flickers, she whips a pistol from her knickers. She aims it at the preacher's head. And run (run, bang) she shoots him dead.
  • armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    The Haunted
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA
    promitheus wrote:
    True, but look at the band that kid has listed. I don't think he would have come across these classic bands. Why would you care if they were new or not? It's not exactly like they can be considered trendy.

I just read the ttitle as "recent" heavy bands as opposed to "new to me" heavy bands.
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    The Sword
    Goblin Cock
    Isis
    Cicadas
    Comets On Fire
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE