3 bands who belong in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

2»

Comments

• Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    No way Jeff Buckley gets in sorry to say. Only one full album released while alive, (as far as I know) and his most popular/famous song being a cover does not make a Hall Of Fame.
  • yosi wrote:
    Ok, so you agree with Rush, but Steppenwolf? You think they're a knock off? I disagree. Also, Yes?? Its hard for me to fathom why you think they have no artistic integrity, or are a knockoff. Please, enlighten me. Same also goes for King Crimson.

thank you.

yos would you be interested in a road trip to balt with other board members and i to cornell
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • culot4 wrote:
    Steppenwolf is going to the pool hall in your Camaro music. Its testosterone fueled cock rock full of simple, unoriginal instrumentation, and even simpler lyrics. I can't tell the difference between Steppenwolf, Foghat, Bad Company, or any of that shit. Magic Carpet Ride may have been a good song but Steppenwolf sure as shit didn't do enough for at least 25 years to earn the right to be inducted into the Hall.

King Crimson can write as many 8 minute songs as they want but it doesn't change the fact they were boring.

I can see you havent broadened your horizons since the last time a year ago when you faught the whole measage pit on your opinions on punk rock a year ago.

This is all opinion, and the sad part is the same crap gets said about all the nineties bands. Thank god some people in this world dont base things on opinion only.

I dont like any of these bands, but bad company, king krimson, stepponwolf had great carreers in the music business. Boring I cant tell you how many people think pj is boring, owell.
    Thats life, but if you think your reson is the reason they are not in, your full of yourself.
    They put rap stars in.
    It comes down to eligibillity, money, and the pannel that votes. thoses bands will make their way.
    I also do not think metalica pj, and some of these bands are going in on their first year of eligibility either.

no more shows
  • First of all, Abba is not rock music

Second of all Rush are dreadful

That being said, heres some more bands that should be in it

The Cars
    Journey (I know they are a bit cheesy and considered corporate but that got incredibly talented musicians and plenty of hits to back it up)
    Joy Division
    Steve Miller Band
    Genesis

Thats all I can think of right now.........I always forget who is in and who is not

THIS IS THE POST OF THE CENTURY.

The cars
    journey, a bit cheesey
    joy division

these 3 bands im not saying they wont get in, but to say rush is dreadfull comppared to these bands in nonsense and quite frankly goes borderline troll, on a rock music forum.

WOW

no more shows
  • Reason #1 Steppenwolf should be in the HOF:

The Pusher.

enough said.

The Guess Who have a great shot at it..

ABBA is a shit disco pop band. Britney Spears has platnum albums too.

Rush definetly, Yes definetly. King Crimson definetly. Those are probably the 3 best american (or in the case of king crimson british/australian) prog rock bands ever.

I thought the Cars were already in (obviously they aren't if you listed them, but they should be) and the Steve Miller Band is gonna get in or get really close if they don't.

The Pixies better get in when the time comes.. should be soon...5-10 years max.

YOSI AND PJ AND TOAST, I can always count on credible statements from you 2, thank god.
    Rush is canadian but yes american progressive.

no more shows
  • Thorns2010 wrote:
    No way Jeff Buckley gets in sorry to say. Only one full album released while alive, (as far as I know) and his most popular/famous song being a cover does not make a Hall Of Fame.
    I hate to say it but you're right. What a shame we lost him so young :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • YOSI AND PJ AND TOAST, I can always count on credible statements from you 2, thank god.
    Rush is canadian but yes american progressive.
    whoops slipped my mind :p

"Make our day"
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    I hate to say it but you're right. What a shame we lost him so young :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

And thats not to take away from what he did in his time. But yeah, way to young to lose him.
  • Thorns2010 wrote:
    And thats not to take away from what he did in his time. But yeah, way to young to lose him.
    I think he should be honored if not inducted.. That's a long ass ceremony, I'm sure they could take 10 minutes, say a few words, then have someone special come up and sing "Grace" or something. Trouble is I can't think of anyone recent with as good a voice as Jeff had...

I know it ain't gonna happen, but it would be nice..

"Make our day"