Blind Melon-Galaxie

2»

Comments

• i remember this as a video clip in a kind of ten minute tribute to shannon hoon. it's a cool song, yeah. dunno whether i prefer to no rain and that funny bee video tho.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    statistics wrote:
    i remember this as a video clip in a kind of ten minute tribute to shannon hoon. it's a cool song, yeah. dunno whether i prefer to no rain and that funny bee video tho.
    I wonder what that bee girl is up to these days...
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • i remember Rolling Stone mag only gave Soup one and a half stars. morons. Galaxie kicks ass
  • i remember Rolling Stone mag only gave Soup one and a half stars. morons. Galaxie kicks ass

Yea if they can't realize how fuckin' good Soup is then they got some problems.
  • LukinFan wrote:
    I wonder what that bee girl is up to these days...

she probably has her own talk show, i imagine
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    has seriously always been one of my favourite songs ever

theres a live version of it that i need to find now...... sounded so great live
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • They are playing in Ft Lauderdale, Florida on Dec 5th. Tickets are 13 bucks. I'm going especially for that price. Thats a steal! Anyone know if the new singer is any good? Or can someone give me some impressions at all?
    I am now noticing that the show was Dec5th. I hope you went and had a great time. I went to the very first show in RI and I was so blown away. Very VERY emotional show for the crowd. VERY emotional for the guys. Got to chat with all of them and some of their families too. Really just amazing and I hope that this just opens the door for one of the better rock bands of the 90's to come back. It was an honor to see them. The new singer does them well. Next to seeing the Police at Fenway, by far one of the hi-lights of 2007 for me. I hope you went and I hope you enjoyed it as much as me.

For anyone else out there...GO AND SEE THEM!!!! You will not be disappointed, I promise!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
    I'm about to leave in an hour or so to go see them- I love all this positive feedback that I'm reading.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • LukinFan wrote:
    I'm about to leave in an hour or so to go see them- I love all this positive feedback that I'm reading.
    Take the time and hang out with the guys after the show. They are all so amazing to talk to. I wish I was in your shoes!!!!! I would love to go and see them again tonight. I know I cried for numerous songs. I know, goofy, sorry but I am still a chick! I just really loved them and I just could not believe that I was hearing their music right in front of me. I just thought it would never happen. I am just so happy for the band. You will have a GREAT TIME. Please write tomorrow and tell us about it.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Mouthful of Cavities will always be my favorite Blind Melon song, but Galaxie is great as well... I should've gone to see them this past week... but I had school, so yeah... but it was $12!!! SHIT!

For you that have seen them live... how many/what songs do they play?
    If I could, think I would give in.
    LukinFan wrote:
    I just got home from the show- wow! They played tons of old stuff and a handful of new stuff. One of my favorite shows from 2007.

The bassist was wearing a shirt that said "Brad". Me being a PJ fan, I first thought of Stone's band "Brad" then remembered that it was also the bassist's first name- haha!

Well anyway, sorry I couldn't write a better review, but I do know that they started off the show with "Galaxie"- one of my favs! It was an incredible show that throughout the entire band had huge grins across their faces- they just seemed so happy and they kept giving it up to Shannon constantly.

If you get to see these guys sometime soon- you are also very lucky!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com