Whose favorite band is someone other then PJ?

Comments

• My top three bands are:

Metallica
    Alice In Chains
    Pink Floyd

Pj is hanging around in the top ten, but they move up slowly as I learn more of their stuff!
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • for me, PJ is only second to almightly R.E.M.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,214
    Pearl Jam is number one for me, but I still put them in a cluster with Tool, Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, and Clutch.
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    Tek Money wrote:
    You must be very important.
    not really, i just save my good stuff for this board. . .i think i have 10 posts on collective souls message board, 0 anywhere else. . .i just dont understand how some of these people regularly post on here and then they say pj isnt in there top 10 or 25!!
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    tool, radiohead
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • PJ is not number for me, but will always be in my top 5.
  • whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    R.E.M. since the first grade.
  • not really, i just save my good stuff for this board. . .i think i have 10 posts on collective souls message board, 0 anywhere else. . .i just dont understand how some of these people regularly post on here and then they say pj isnt in there top 10 or 25!!

One time in my life they were. And I have met some friends here. I stay because I am comfortable here.
    Cock Fight.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    pink floyd
    bruuuuuuuuuuuuce
    billy joe
    pearl jam
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    My all time favorite band is The Tragically Hip. Pearl Jam, The Weakerthans, Wilco, and Tom Waits are all tied for 2nd place.

And then there's everybody else.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • TrauTrau Posts: 188
    Type O Negative.
    In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    Frigid statue standing icy blue and numb
    Where are the frost giants Ive begged for protection?
    I'm freezing

Are you afraid, afraid to die
    Don't be afraid, afraid to try
  • I'd have to go with..in order,

1. U2
    2. R.E.M.
    3. Pearl Jam

http://www.myspace.com/ramon1972
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    Pearl Jam is and always will be my favorite. After them I would put Rage Against the Machine, Alice In Chains, and Soundgarden as 2-4 with the order always changing. Stone Temple Pilots probably my 5th favorite.

On a side note I see people saying that they wouldn't put Pearl Jam in their top 25 bands and then I see them with 1000+ posts here. Do you have a lot of free time or is there some other reason your here. That is not meant to sound like an asshole question but I am genuinally curious.
  • Ac/dc
    Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution...

Hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • 1) mudhoney
    2) rocket from the crypt
    3) the ramones
    4) the stooges
    5) the rolling stones
    6) new york dolls
    7) sonic youth
    8) the pixies
    9) soundgarden
    10) fugazi

(as of today)

seeing pearl jam this summer 3 times was my climax in my pearl jam relationship. they were a great band to introduce me into a lot of the bands i listen to now, but i can't get into them like i used to.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Old, done and dusted, but my favourite band of all times remains The Doors.
  • Benzor wrote:
    Pearl Jam is and always will be my favorite. After them I would put Rage Against the Machine, Alice In Chains, and Soundgarden as 2-4 with the order always changing. Stone Temple Pilots probably my 5th favorite.

On a side note I see people saying that they wouldn't put Pearl Jam in their top 25 bands and then I see them with 1000+ posts here. Do you have a lot of free time or is there some other reason your here. That is not meant to sound like an asshole question but I am genuinally curious.

The number of posts you have on a message board has nothing to do with your desire for a band.
    Cock Fight.
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    well.....bugger you all for not mentioning the all mighty Kings of Leon. I really only have time for them, and PJ :)
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    2) rocket from the crypt

Oh man talk about a blast from the past, ill have to find my old cd and blow the dust off it for a spin. :D
  • The Fall
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    boyhitscar are currently my #1..

PJ is still in the top 10, but there are a few bands ahead of them

Mudvanye
    Nonpoint
    Killswitch Engage
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Trau wrote:
    Type O Negative.

Haha... deadly!

AiC, Tool, Nevermore... the rest change all the feckin' time! Incubus too!

But I'm nowhere near obsessed with them as I am with Pearl Jam!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • chris01 wrote:
    Oh man talk about a blast from the past, ill have to find my old cd and blow the dust off it for a spin. :D

BLAST IT BROTHER!!!
  • bee_boybee_boy Posts: 384
    i dont have time to be going on bands message boards who ARENT my favorite. . .so that should tell you who my favorite is

Hear, Hear.

So that's only PJ, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins and Something For Kate message boards for me. (This is the only board I come to daily, though)
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    My favorite active band is Oceansize, followed by QOTSA.

PJ is in the top 10 though :)
  • chris01 wrote:

Funnily enough I listened to Scream Dracula Scream the other day for the first time in ages, and it sounded fantastic. What's more it's 11 years old, crikey where has time gone?!
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    Mine would be NIN with Pearl Jam at a close second, how bout you?

NIN

followed by PJ/Tori Amos (tie)
  • foo fighters and pearl jam...and anything to do with them!
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I don't know how I'd order these guys, but my favorites are Zeppelin, STP, The Beatles and Pearl Jam. Its pretty close between those four, and its possible I'd put PJ last, but its fucking close.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • My fav changes with mood as im sure it does with most people, but Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Stone Temple Pilots, Rage Against the Machine along with Pearl Jam are always at the top.
    puts his faith in love and, tremor christ.

"I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."