Whose favorite band is someone other then PJ?

pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Mine would be NIN with Pearl Jam at a close second, how bout you?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Pearl Jam probably wouldn't crack my top 25 anymore....they are kind of a guilty pleasure for me, the last remaining vestige of my youth. My tastes of have changed alot in the past few years - I really only hang out here because I enjoy the company :)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    Soundgarden is a close second for me, followed very close by Jeff Buckley
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • It depends on my mood and the day...

Right now, If I were forced to make a list..

it'd go something like..

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
    Smashing Pumpkins
    PJ Harvey
    Neil Young
    Pearl Jam
    Radiohead
    Jeff Buckley
    Soundgarden
    RHCP...

I've basically only listened to Nick Cave and PJ for the last week though.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    I dont really have a fav band, PJ are probably the band i talk about the most but the top of my list varies day to day.
  • Not my #1 fave for sure..depends on the mood as others have noted.
  • i probably like about 20-25 artists more than pearl jam

some of the more popular ones:
    bob dylan
    bruce springsteen
    ryan adams
    tom waits
    nick cave
    my morning jacket
    pixies
    white stripes
    modest mouse
    queens of the stone age
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Hendrix, Zeppelin, Jane's Addiction, and RHCP all rank above PJ for me. If we go outside rock, I'd probably put Coltrane, Miles, and maybe Muddy Waters and John Lee Hooker over them too.
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I woudln't call PJ my favorite band, but when I am in the mood to listen to them, I go above and beyond what I do for most other bands(check out my last.fm profile: http://www.last.fm/user/CM1847 for proof). There are a handful of bands I listen to on a more regular basis than PJ, but I have such a huge collection of PJ stuff, when I want to hear somethign by them, I usually listen to a lot of different things. Right now I would say Ted Leo & the Pharmacists are my favorite band. I listen to them on a more regular basis over the past 6+ months than probably any other band.
  • The only artist I like more than Pearl Jam is Bruce Springsteen.

I probably like Ted Leo, Billy Bragg and Damien rice as much as Pearl Jam though........
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    The White Stripes may be my favorite band.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    My favorite bands of all time are Pavement and Nirvana

Some others right up there include The Pixies, Built to Spill, Mogwai, and of course Pearl Jam
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    nirvana. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    METALLICA, definitely my favourite by a mile.
    White Stripes
    Gunners, Axl is such a tool and Slash probbaly is too, but together they wrote some very good songs
    Alison Krause
    Zep
    all sorts of other stuff, nothing too eclectic, anything really good and worth listening to seems to get popular pretty quick
    was MAD on Dire Straits years ago, Knopfler is still one of the best git players to listen to
    Music is not a competetion.
  • I can name a lot more that I love more than PJ. Wilco is probably number one though.
    Cock Fight.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Soundgarden is a close second for me

This is quite shocking. :p
    And to add to it...
    Like everyone else I have a LOT of fav bands but yep, the 2 that reign superior
    & complete me in a way nothing else can have always been PJ
    ... & SOUNDGARDEN. :)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • The Beatles
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Pearl Jam is number one for me but the following five are in no order
    Modest Mouse
    Dave Matthews Band
    The Decemberists
    Blind Melon
    The Cure
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • i like too many bands for any one to be a favourite.
  • BinGnarly wrote:
    Pearl Jam is number one for me but the following five are in no order
    Modest Mouse
    Dave Matthews Band
    The Decemberists
    Blind Melon
    The Cure
    strange list for a top 5 but I like it.

weee new modest mouse leaked.. :D
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Undoubtedly R.E.M.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    mookie baylock

rock on
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • My top 5

PJ
    Tool
    Carbon Leaf (if you haven't heard them check them out)
    NIN
    Led Zep

but then again i want about 20 bands in my top 5
  • Queens of The Stone Age, RHCP and Pearl Jam are my three favourite bands atm.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    First PJ

2. Neil Young
    3. Rory Gallagher
    4. Led Zeppelin
    5. I guess TOOL
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    they are probably my all-time favourite band but right now I listen to a bunch of bands more. these include:

Husker Du
    Alice in Chains
    Faith No More
    Pavement
    Tom Waits
    Shellac
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Zeppelin
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    i dont have time to be going on bands message boards who ARENT my favorite. . .so that should tell you who my favorite is
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • not4unot4u Posts: 512
    *kind of in order*
    pink floyd, the who(thanks ed), John Williams, ZEP, NIN, stones, the beatles, dead kennedys, the hip, the cult, alice in chains, tool, system, neil young, metallica, pantera, radiohead (the bends and OK), nick drake, Rage's first record, the temptations, sabbath (early stuff), david bowie, some deep purple, manson(antichrist), korn's first 3 records, peterpaul&mary, james horner, CCR, slipknot's first record, robbie williams first american release,

and im starting to get into some Maiden, Priest and fleetwood mac latley

im sure im forgetting some like : gordon lightfoot, elvis, bruce, dixie chicks, matt good, tom petty, tea party, ac/dc, chris issak, AshitLoad of oldies singles,

oh, i thought the post said BESIDES pearl jam, what are your favorite bands... crush my head, im crushing my own head, crush crush crush
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • i dont have time to be going on bands message boards who ARENT my favorite. . .so that should tell you who my favorite is

You must be very important.
    Cock Fight.
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    1) QotSA
    2) The White Stripes
    3) Pearl Jam
    4) Screaming Trees
    5) The Mark Lanegan Band
    6) Kyuss
    7) Foo Fighters
    8) The Strokes

After that, I really don't like more than 3 or 4 songs by any particular artist.