New White Stripes Album!

2»

Comments

• amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    dunkman wrote:
    whit ye on aboot :eek: ;)

raconteurs album is a brilliant piece of work :):)
    girl you got those hands that heal :o
    help me get in touch with what i feel :o:o

Kills me, I love Jackie but they blow IMO :p
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    girl you got those hands that heal :o
    help me get in touch with what i feel :o:o

I always got the impression that line was about a hand job.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Dick Jones wrote:
    From Broken Boy Soldiers I like 'Broken Boy Soldier', 'Intimate Secretary, and 'Blue Veins' that was it. It was decent though I guess. I hope the Stripes have done some weird shit this time around.

That's about all ther was, most sounded too Beatly for me, bBS was good, and Blue Veins, it gets a whirl every now and then, but De STijl is getting a FLOGGING !!!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    I dont think the raconteurs will ever be as good as the white stripes. But I still love that album. I/m just glad cause it almost guarantees that every year we will get something new from Jack White. I really wished that Jack took more control in the Raconteurs. That is what they lack.........Jack needs to be calling ALL the shots. Thats why the White Stripes are so amazing.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • I liked Brendan Benson's stuff more on the Raconteurs album than Jack's stuff, oh well. I think the Rac's second album will be better, mainly because their live stuff sounds fucking amazing.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    To be released JUNE 2007!
    :D:D:D

Minimalist rockers the White Stripes have announced details for their forthcoming album, Icky Thump — err, sort of. The professional confusionists posted a track listing and some hints as to the record’s contents by way of a crossword puzzle on their official website. We would try to decipher its meaning to you, but that would just be way too meta, so here is the post. Figure it out yourselves.

http://www.whitestripes.com/puzzle/

1. 'Icky Thump' - Well, you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too.

2. 'You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told)' - In some respects I suspect you've got a respectable side.

3. '300 M.P.H Torrential Outpour Blues' - Sooner or later the ground's gonna be holding all of my ashes too.

4. 'Conquest' - The hunted became the huntress, the hunter became the prey.

5. 'Bone Broken' - They got a white pony in a stable and ride him when the doggie isn't able.

6. 'Prickly Thorn, But Sweetly Worn' - The silver birches pierce through an icy fog which covers the ground most daily.

7. 'St. Andrew (This Battle Is In The Air)' - I'm looking upwards, who is here to greet me?

8. 'Little Cream Soda' - Well, every highway that I go down seems to be longer than the last one that I knew about, oh well.

9. 'Rag And Bone' - Bring out your junk and we'll give it a home.

10. 'I'm Slowly Turning Into You' - I dig your little laugh and I'm loving your quick wit.

11. 'A Martyr For My Love For You' - Maybe these ruby shoes are a little cumbersome for you.

12. 'Catch Hell Blues' - If you're looking for hot water, don't be shocked when you get burned a little bit.

13. 'Effect And Cause' - First you cause a train wreck, then you put me in traction?
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    sweet! Looking forward to this album, and tour dates!
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    great!! they put on an awesome show!
    jack just shreds his geetar.
    i hope too for a raconteurs dvd, saw them live. their cd does them no justice.
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Meg White is Hawt... I'll take one plz