New White Stripes Album!

pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
edited April 2007 in Other Music
http://www.livedaily.com/news/New_White_Stripes_album_on_the_way-11613.html?t=2

I'm very excited for their new album. I'm a huge White Stripes fan, I hope this album is as good as most of their other ones.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I like the message on their website and their website in general.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

I'm very excited for their new album. I'm a huge White Stripes fan, I hope this album is as good as most of their other ones.

the notoriously fast-working band mentions that "it was the longest time the delightful duo have ever spent in the studio, totaling almost three weeks."

3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets get Jack to give PJ a kick up the arse ;):)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    "...even Meg herself was quoted while leaving a local Nashville laundromat"

Glad to see that Meg is so grounded. Can someone get her a Home Depot Credit Card so she can buy a washer/dryer combo?

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    dunkman wrote:
    the notoriously fast-working band mentions that "it was the longest time the delightful duo have ever spent in the studio, totaling almost three weeks."

3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets get Jack to give PJ a kick up the arse ;):)

Or just have Jack knock out everyone in PJ like he did to the Von Bondies singer. That was awesome.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • "And word around the sewing circle is that many of your favorite White Stripe type songs may not be your favorite (pronounced favaright) White Stripe type songs for long."

Awesome news!! Hopefully this thing is out before or around Juneish. Can't wait!!
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Excellent! "Iggy Bump" sounds like a winner to me!
  • F*!k ya! Thanks for the post. Can't wait to see them live again. I know it's been posted before, but if you haven't seen them live before....or if there's one show to see live this year.....don't f*!king miss 'em. Jack will blow you away like know one I've ever seen, and I've been going to shows since AC/DC's first American tour (opening for Aerosmith). The dude is on fire.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    hey - good news - thanks! someday i have to get to a white stripes show.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Wow, 3 weeks in the studio for them.

10+ yrs for Guns N' Roses. If only my fav. band in the world could get some tips from Jack.

But anyway, Yay! I love the white stripes and can't wait for this album.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    AHHH!!!!!!!!
    SO fuckin excited for this!!!
    (((((:D:D:D))))))

Agreed PearlStripes... I cannot waaaaait to see them live again!! Absolutely phenomenal. Jackie White must be seen to be believed...and even then....:eek:

Ah! I love this band to death!
    This is the greatest news. :D

2007 is really, really shaping up to be another seriously epic musical year.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    cool ! ;]
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Killer... hopefully they don't use the same recording as GBMS... it sounded like they recorded that album in a sneaker.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I hope they return to their roots and go away from the piano based Get Behind Me Satan. They're probably my favorite band and have been for a while. GBMS is my least favorite of their albums, even though it was still a very good album. Great news!!!
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

i can wait for this new one!!! big fan and cant wait!!!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    So where can we hear "I'm Slowly Turning Into You"?
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    Hell yeah...White Stripes kick arse...can't wait.
  • Good news. Glad the hiatus wasn't extended, given the success of The Racounteurs. I didn't even know the Stripes were in the studio, nevermind finished.

I am in love with Meg White. She is f-i-n-e fine.
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    I'm well chuffed!!
    ...tried to dig they Racontuers, but they were murder

Bring on the dynamic duo :D
  • I'm well chuffed!!

steady as she goes, level, and the title track- all amazing songs!!!
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    Yeah, it's funny, I got the Raconteurs album when it first came out, didn't care for it much and put aside. Recently, I gave it another shot and have found that I really like it. Funny how that happens with albums sometimes...
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    It's about time :D I haven't seen the stripes live yet either so hopefully there is a chance with this tour!
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    From Broken Boy Soldiers I like 'Broken Boy Soldier', 'Intimate Secretary, and 'Blue Veins' that was it. It was decent though I guess. I hope the Stripes have done some weird shit this time around.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    :cool: I wonder when it will be released.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I'm well chuffed!!

whit ye on aboot :eek: ;)

raconteurs album is a brilliant piece of work :):)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Dick Jones wrote:
    From Broken Boy Soldiers I like 'Broken Boy Soldier', 'Intimate Secretary, and 'Blue Veins' that was it. It was decent though I guess. I hope the Stripes have done some weird shit this time around.

Add "Level" and there ya go: You've got the essential Raconteurs four pack.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    hahahahaha! that is the coolest music ever on their homepage! im guessing blue orchid backwards...

yeah i love the stuff they come out with. great talent!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    This was figured with the folding of V2 records and them becoming free agents. Plus their announced date at Bonnaroo. Very excited here.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    damn :eek: I didn't know V2 records went under. That sux. Did they just not make enough money off the bands they signed or what happened?
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    I Think I remeber GBMS taking about a month and I thought "WOW"! But three weeks??? They are an amazing duo!

When do you think it will come out? Before or after Bonnaroo?
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • rage333 wrote:
    I Think I remeber GBMS taking about a month and I thought "WOW"! But three weeks??? They are an amazing duo!

When do you think it will come out? Before or after Bonnaroo?

Most of their albums took about a week to bang out.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"