6-01-06
6/25/08
Free Speedy
and Metsy!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    Can someone record this?
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • This is for "You Know My Name" I'm guessing? That song is growing on my very quickly.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Thanks for the information. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • tnt358tnt358 Posts: 72
    cornell is the man, but that song just doesn't do it for me

army of anyone is on connan tonight
  • i thought he sounded real good.... for live chris that is... really got those last notes... the man cant jump or tap his foot in rythm to save his life tho :D ... cant wait for the new solo CD!!!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Chris is looking really good for being like 42. No receeding hairline or gut. Even though Ed and Chris are getting up there in age, they can still look ten years younger.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • ..on conan tonight....

is this a rerun?

i've been a bit out of touch with popular culture lately, has this band done anything publically yet?

any east-coast confirmation about the performance?

sorry for being a bit off topic (seems to me there are too many threads and too few conversations around here most days)....

thanks for any help.

:)
    we don’t know just where our bones will rest,
    to dust i guess,
    forgotten and absorbed into the earth below,..
  • As long as he doesn't do his rendition of Billie Jean we're all safe :eek:
  • As long as he doesn't do his rendition of Billie Jean we're all safe :eek:

:eek: i love that!!

anyway, did he perform you know my name on the show?? if so, anyone got a recording??? :cool:
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • :eek: i love that!!

anyway, did he perform you know my name on the show?? if so, anyone got a recording??? :cool:

Yes he did "You know my Name"
    I recorded it, but on VHS. I don't have the equipment to record to my computer.
    Chris looked HOOOOOOT!
    That man has a smokin bod, and amazing eyes! God I still can't believe he's 42. He so doesn't look it!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Wow...I must have missed something...to me Chris Cornell looked like he'd rather be somewhere else...sure he was belting out the song and he sounded great, but he looked really bored -- or he was in pain or something...sorry, he was uninspiring -- and the fake tan was a bit too much for me...I was expecting something WAY different...oh well...no big deal...I liked the song, too...must download from iTunes!!
    be philanthropic
  • Thanks!! Just in time!
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    awesome! I love that song!
  • he is the worst "Frontman" in the history of rock music.

and with the shit that man has been putting out the past few years...

he doesnt even deserve to front soundgarden anymore.

thank you, goodnight.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    he is the worst "Frontman" in the history of rock music.

thank you, goodnight.

Run while you still can.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win

thank you, goodnight.

Wow, you just made yourself look like a real idiot. Talk about a completely baseless comment.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    he is the worst "Frontman" in the history of rock music.

thank you, goodnight.
    Wow....that's deep.

Worst frontman in history....hardly to me. A little awkward, oh yeah. But that's nothing new (now that he's not thrashing about the stage screaming Jesus Christ Pose).

And the music...well I'm fair and good with it. Like it lots.

Thank you and goodnight.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • icarus wrote:
    i wouldnt call that persons comment baseless. sure he may not be the worst frontman in history but he has been putting out mediocre albums the last couple of years and that performance on leno was pretty bland and boring.

thank you. Calm down people, geezes. You take shit too seriously and too personally, calm down.

Anyways, audioslave is sub par rock music. Soundgarden is one of the worlds greatest rock bands. Cornell wrote interesting , intense, beautiful music with soundgarden. he hasn't done much since, he worries too much about what he looks like instead of how good of music he puts out maybe?

And he's never been known (soundgarden) for enjoying playing live music. yes, he looked awkward on stage up there. The song isn't that great and he has a fake tan. Those are not baseless comments, those are facts.

statements.
  • I wasn't impressed with Chris's performance until the last minute when the band was on it , and jammin! He managed to belt out the higher notes. Fuck I miss Soundgarden , what a tight band they were!
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's Soul remains Unawakened.
    Anatole France
  • Ok I haven't seen the performance yet (nobody seems to be that fussed about putting it up on youtube), but having seen him live with audioslave 5 times, I'd hardly say he was the worst frontman ever. The fact is, he has never been that good performig live on tv, he obviously isn't that comfortable with it.

As for fake tan, may dad tans a weird orange colour too! Doesn't he live in sunny California anyway?
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky

thank you, goodnight.

I wouldn't say he's the worst, but he's deffinately taken a huge shit since soundgarden, I saw it last night and was absolutely not impressed, what the hell happened to that guy, I got a free ticket to see audioslave and was dissapointed then too, the guys wearing like banana republic garb and trying to alienate himself from his roots as much as possible.
    There might be hope in Kim Thayil. What's he doing anyway?
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • :eek: i love that!!

Sorry if I offend! I like Chris Cornell, I REALLY do, but that Billie Jean has to be one of the worst things I've heard in recent memory. Just awful. :eek:
  • Cheers for the link. I think he sounded great, probably the best I've heard him on a live tv performance. I don't see why people have issue with this performance? He sounded good, and dammit if I look anywhere near that good at 42 I'll be happy.
    Sorry if I offend! I like Chris Cornell, I REALLY do, but that Billie Jean has to be one of the worst things I've heard in recent memory. Just awful. :eek:

:eek:

His cover of Billie Jean is amazing! That's the first time I see a negative response to that song!!! Why do you think it's so awful??

And about the Jay Leno perfomace, I thought he sounded great! Looked a little awkward on stage, but his voice was amazing!
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Obsidian22 wrote:
    I wasn't impressed with Chris's performance until the last minute when the band was on it , and jammin! He managed to belt out the higher notes. Fuck I miss Soundgarden , what a tight band they were!

Those weren't notes, they were gurgled screamy things that no longer sound musical :(

It brings me down...he sounds like he's getting sodomized when he does that anymore.
  • enharmonic wrote:
    Those weren't notes, they were gurgled screamy things that no longer sound musical :(

It brings me down...he sounds like he's getting sodomized when he does that anymore.

To be fair I don't think he was going for a clean sound at the end when he screams, he was definately aiming to break his voice up. Someone needs to throw that man a guitar he looks bored and lost on stage.
  • :eek:

His cover of Billie Jean is amazing! That's the first time I see a negative response to that song!!! Why do you think it's so awful??

And about the Jay Leno perfomace, I thought he sounded great! Looked a little awkward on stage, but his voice was amazing!

Oh I'm not alone on the Billie Jean thing. I played it for some friends (Cornell fans as well) & they agreed. I just think it's not a very good song to begin with & he sings it w/ such earnestness. But the earnestness sounds ridiculous to me b/c it's such a bad song. It would be like singing Copocabana like it was an aria or something ;) The gutural screams are silly and completely over-the-top too. I'm a firm believer that just b/c you can hit an impressive note, you don't always have to. It should work w/in the context of the song & it just doesn't work for me. I'm not trying to be mean. Like I said, I like the guy. It just doesn't work for me. I thought he sounded great on Leno though.
    Someone needs to throw that man a guitar he looks bored and lost on stage.

YES! Finally another appreciator of Chris Cornell, the guitarist.

The man has wicked rhythm chops. I don't know if he still feels the same way, but he used to be pretty down on his own playing. I personally think he's an excellent guitarist.
    Oh I'm not alone on the Billie Jean thing. I played it for some friends (Cornell fans as well) & they agreed. I just think it's not a very good song to begin with & he sings it w/ such earnestness. But the earnestness sounds ridiculous to me b/c it's such a bad song. It would be like singing Copocabana like it was an aria or something ;) The gutural screams are silly and completely over-the-top too. I'm a firm believer that just b/c you can hit an impressive note, you don't always have to. It should work w/in the context of the song & it just doesn't work for me. I'm not trying to be mean. Like I said, I like the guy. It just doesn't work for me. I thought he sounded great on Leno though.

Billie Jean spent 15 weeks at #1. Bad song? Maybe, but a song that stayed at the top of the charts for nearly 4 months.