Best of soundgarden?

2»

Comments

• pjamdude69pjamdude69 Posts: 174
    Ok, add Flower to the list too.. Just came on my Soundgarden playlist, hadn't heard it a couple months or so, and this song does indeed kick ass.. Ahh, the early days of grunge.. Still have my old Soundgarden t-shirt my buddy got for me from Lollapolooza '92 (with PJ too), had the SG logo on the front and big-ass middle finger on the back... Got banned from wearing it to work, and from a couple restaurants.. Can't fit into the fucker anymore though, so it's stashed away. My all-time favorite article of clothing..
    "On the edge of a know-nothin' town, Feelin' quite superior in Den Haag"

11.05.93- Indio, CA
    07.13.98- Inglewood, CA
    10.28.00- San Bernardino, CA
    06.02.03- Irvine, CA
    07.23.06- The Gorge
  • depopulationINCdepopulationINC Posts: 2,074
    Umm,.....everything

but seriously...if you want to hit a few to get there "bigger" stuff, get the general feel, then dive in:

Spoonman
    Black Hole Sun
    Burden in my Hand
    the day i tried to live
    jesus christ pose
    bleed together

Don't care what anyone says about mainstream or overplayed or any of that, my favs (though I love em all) are Spoonman and BHS
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • depopulationINCdepopulationINC Posts: 2,074
    Oh man.....just finished reading all the posts. I never really saw a list of their shite put together before. Simply AMAZING. I would venture to say one of the most overlooked bands of all time. I wish they were still playing. I know they would have been untouchable by now.

What amazed me is that they never had a weak album. Even their filler was / is sensational.
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Oh man.....just finished reading all the posts. I never really saw a list of their shite put together before. Simply AMAZING. I would venture to say one of the most overlooked bands of all time. I wish they were still playing. I know they would have been untouchable by now.

What amazed me is that they never had a weak album. Even their filler was / is sensational.

Like 665/ Beyond The Wheel /667 classic.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    OnlyLove wrote:
    I haven't heard any of soundgardens music and was wondering what some of their better songs are, not necessarily the hits but in general the best songs.

Like A Stone....

oops

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    You can't go far wrong with picking up Bad Motor Finger and Superunknown. Bad Motor Finger is a much heavier album and Superunknown is perhaps a little more commercial, so you get a good range of their songs from those two.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    You can't go far wrong with picking up Bad Motor Finger and Superunknown. Bad Motor Finger is a much heavier album and Superunknown is perhaps a little more commercial, so you get a good range of their songs from those two.

Down on the Upside = best SG album
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Buy the albums from Louder Than Love till Down On The Upside and you have the best of Soundgarden.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    DOSW wrote:
    Down on the Upside = best SG album

Couldn't agree more, Zero chance is superb!!!
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557

As per Stoney... Badmotorfinger & Superunknown kick ass...

Best tracks though...

Hands All Over
    Rusty Cage
    Jesus Christ Pose
    Drawing Flies
    Holy Water
    Fell On Black Days
    Spoonman
    The Day I Tried To Live
    Blow Up The Outside World
    Burden In My Hand

Enjoy!!
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...