Options

Velvet Revolver or STP

2»

Comments

• Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    elmer wrote:
    velvet revolver dont even touch STP, as for gunsnroses.....dýou think axl´s worried? if he has heard their debut then certainly not cos his new gnr songs (madagascar, chinese democracy) eclipse anything from their debut

This is definitely true - The New GNR songs sound amazing - Have you heard "Better"? It blows away anything out there right now -
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Options
    Stone Temple pilots are my second favourite band behind pj of course , but only just. Purple is as good if not better than any pj record in my opinion.
    as for Vevet revolver.......... er......not bad.
    Walks on his own...with thoughts he can't help thinking...

Wembley `96 x2
    Manchester 2000
    Cardiff 2000
    Dublin 2006
    reading 2006
    Barcelona 2006
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    This is definitely true - The New GNR songs sound amazing - Have you heard "Better"? It blows away anything out there right now -
    have only heard the gnr songs thru youtube, theres a clip of "better" form a radio station but not the full version. Y´know any other places I can get the new gnr songs, perhaps even to download? as far as i know youtube doesnt cater for this, perhaps Im wrong............fuckin frustrating that these songs havent seen light yet....
  • Options
    Velvet Revolver is godawful supergroup not good for nothing.They sound so fucking bad I cant begin to know what to do.
    That guy needs those Deleo bros just like those guys need AXL.

I hope this is just a phase.
    http://www.myspace.com/bonodinner

Detroit x 2
    Grand Rapids x 2
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    STP......seen them twice late in their run ('Four' tour and their last tour)
    Have not seen VR live....the album is good, approaching great, but I can easily spend more time listening to any of the STP albums.

GnR......saw them on the summer tour right before "Use Your Illusion" I & II hit the streets. The musical aspect of the show was spectacular......the venue situation deserves about two hours to explain. Axel did stop the show for a few minutes because of mud being thrown towards the stage, and this was before the Woodstock incidents with Green Day and such. That being said, until Axel either hits the road or the record stores, the jury remains out.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    i'm gonna have to go ahead and vote for stp considering i really haven't heard much from velvet revolver.
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead."
  • Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    elmer wrote:
    have only heard the gnr songs thru youtube, theres a clip of "better" form a radio station but not the full version. Y´know any other places I can get the new gnr songs, perhaps even to download? as far as i know youtube doesnt cater for this, perhaps Im wrong............fuckin frustrating that these songs havent seen light yet....

Elmer - You have to get your hands on the full-version of this song. Someone gave it to me, I don't have any idea how. There is a riff from hell right in the middle of it, followed by the classic Axl high pitch - the song is fucking sweet
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired