alice in chains' first show last night

2»

Comments

• 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    all you posting are just getting me more amped to see them down in Ft. Lauderdale. i'm just hoping they pull one from out of nowhere, and that would be Shame in You. Great song and i'm sure it's probably never been played live before. in any case, i really have to hear Jerry's beautifully poignant solo on the outro to the song. but in any case, i'm just getting incredibly psyched.
    Live Free or Die!
  • i think this topic should be a sticky hehe. just the amazing ones you know lol.

i wanted pearl jam to be the sticky in the aic forums but they didint do it. watever.

and im so fuckin pumped for nov.01 nokia theatre!!! i hope they play i stay away, rotten apple, anything extra off the self titled, imo their best album.

oh and there was another show tonite, when i get the setlist in ill edit the first post and change the title.

peace
  • PJ-Sin wrote:
    Wow.
    Sounds like they are doing it right. I might have to go see them, if they come around stl that is.

hmmmm...I wonder if the new Blind Melon will have the same outcome (I hope so)
    What's this about a new Blind Melon? Is that a joke? Don't mess with my head man! I've benn wading through Unified Theory, Abandon Jalopy, etc. for years waiting for these guys to make something stick!
    -Jeremy
  • What's this about a new Blind Melon? Is that a joke? Don't mess with my head man! I've benn wading through Unified Theory, Abandon Jalopy, etc. for years waiting for these guys to make something stick!
    They've reformed with a new singer.

We'll see if we get as lucky as we seem to have with Alice..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • check tyhe first post, i added the latest setlist. and its awesome!!!
  • bump. no replies?
  • both setlists lick ass! Can't wait for my show!! By the way, thanks for posting that.
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Need boot................... anyone? *flutters eyelashes* ;):D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    Need boot................... anyone? *flutters eyelashes* ;):D

hey wait ur turn. i asked first ;)
  • Amazing set list...hope this up to the north east:rolleyes:
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • yea no problem, i had to post this, its fuckin incredible.

alice in chains is totally proving to us they can do it again, and dare i say better? (atleast the original 3 are doing it better now) i remember people doubting this tour will have any extra songs being played, and BAM look at their first show!

oh and apparently rotten apple was a mistake, it was not played :( but im sure it will be played soon.

now if only alice in chains tours with pearl jam, oh my god, words cannot describe that. if this happens, and i see it, it will be the best day of my life without a doubt. 2 incredible surving bands from the 90s coming back. (ok pj never left but u get the picture)

You are insane. "dare I say better?" Yeah, it's official, you are insane.

There is no AIC without Layne. Get it? Most fans do.

This craptastic foursome is dead to most AIC fans.

I truly hope these guys keep getting hit in the head with bottles on stage.

ROCKSTAR energy drink presents Alice in Chains!
  • the new singer is not like layne at all really, that was the point. they didnt want an imitator, they wanted a different sound. of course he is not as good as layne, but alot of people respect him.
    hes the lead singer for the band "comes with the fall". and i hate to sound like a racist but i think its somewhat neccesary to point out that he is black. like i said, that shouldnt be a turn down or anything, but its odd, dont u think?

Want a different sound? Then get a fucking new band name.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    alice in chains played their first show in las vegas last night starting off their first 40 city tour.

and WOW, i wasnt even at the show and it was incredible!!! from what has been said they truely lived up to their name and legacy. previously they were playing identical setlist anywhere from 13-17 songs. and all the hits.

last night, was a totally different story!!!! they played 21 songs, completely different setlists and songs they have NEVER played live before. they played:

9/22 las vegas

whale and wasp (intro, recording)
    again
    bleed the freak
    grind (never been played live)
    it ain't like that
    junkhead
    no excuses
    nutshell
    them bones
    dam that river
    rain when i die
    don't follow (wow..thats all i can say)
    brother (same)
    killer is me
    got me wrong
    down in a hole
    frogs (wow)
    dirt
    sludge factory
    we die young
    angry chair
    man in the box

and during the set breaks they played some sort of slide show with pictures of layne and a montage of the band from past to present. anyone who thinks this tour isnt in honor, can officially shove their original thoughts up their ass. i cant believe this. and i cant wait till i see them in nyc nov.01

did i mention they are my favorite band?

9/25 tempe arizona
    AGAIN
    BLEED THE FREAK
    GRIND
    IT AIN'T LIKE THAT
    JUNKHEAD/WHAT THE HELL HAVE I
    NO EXCUSES
    NUT SHELL
    THEM BONES
    DAM THAT RIVER
    RAIN WHEN I DIE

Acoustic songs
    DON'T FOLLOW
    OVER NOW
    SLUDGE FACTORY
    THE KILLER IS ME
    FROGS
    GOT ME WRONG
    DOWN IN A HOLE

Electric
    WE DIE YOUNG
    HEAVEN BESIDE YOU
    ANGRY CHAIR
    MAN IN THE BOX

Encore
    ROOSTER
    WOULD?

24 songs, 3 more songs than last show, these sets are starting to reach pj territory!!! (plus u ogtta realize aic release the equivalent of about 4 albums, vs pjs equivalent of what 11 albums?. they played what the hell have i! which hasnt been played yet with the new singer. they played sludge factory acoustic!!! they also played over now and heaven beside you.

having seen them twice this year i know what shoes your in. Iits usually 12-15 of their hits and you might get the odd nutshell. But this is just insane. I hope that world tour was a warm up !

I cant believe these setlists. Nutshell wasn't in the acoustic set list ?
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Sweet! I am going to go see them for my birthday on 11/24/06 at The Paramount in Seattle (my b-day is 11/25).