dmb's best song

ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
edited February 2008 in Other Music
i can not stop listening to "you never know". anyone else out there like this song?
live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• "everyday should be a good day to die"
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    Bremerton wrote:
    i forget how #41 goes.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    so much to say, rapunzel,warehouse,drive in drive out. just off the top of my head.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Stay or Leave
  • you never know, bartender, the stone
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    lie in our graves, #41, granny, say goodbye, the last stop, one sweet world, tripping billies

those are my favorites
  • Bremerton wrote:

Ditto.
    ajedigecko wrote:
    i forget how #41 goes.

"I will go in this way, and find my own way out."
  • The Stone
    Seek Up
    Warehouse
    Dreaming Tree
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • Sugar Will
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    typical situation
  • the one where they aren't playing
  • Thats easy, Rhyme & Reason
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Two Step
  • JTR + Rapunzel

You Never Know is very good though.
  • The Last Stop
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • ISUalISUal Posts: 40
    Wilds wrote:
    Two Step

word
    "I know I was born, and I know that I'll die, but in between is mine..." Ed
    you never know, bartender, the stone
    bartender is a great song......and i enjoy granny.
    ajedigecko wrote:
    bartender is a great song......and i enjoy granny.

granny is amazing. they didn't play it much on the last tour though, which was disappointing.
    granny is amazing. they didn't play it much on the last tour though, which was disappointing.
    what is your take on granny???? it seems to me to be somewhat confusing. on one hand it makes me smile, then on the other hand it makes me sad.

is it a life and death song?
    ajedigecko wrote:
    what is your take on granny???? it seems to me to be somewhat confusing. on one hand it makes me smile, then on the other hand it makes me sad.

is it a life and death song?

the song definitely makes me smile. i feel so good every time i listen to it. it also has sentimental meaning for me, which adds to it. i dont think it matters what the song is about. if it makes you feel good and can connect to you in some way, shape, or form, then it is successful. this song suceeds in doing just that for me.
    the song definitely makes me smile. i feel so good every time i listen to it. it also has sentimental meaning for me, which adds to it. i dont think it matters what the song is about. if it makes you feel good and can connect to you in some way, shape, or form, then it is successful. this song suceeds in doing just that for me.
    i agree.......for some strange reason, it makes me think of my daughter and when she will be a grandmother, and talking to her grandchildren.....it is a humbling thought.
    ajedigecko wrote:
    i agree.......for some strange reason, it makes me think of my daughter and when she will be a grandmother, and talking to her grandchildren.....it is a humbling thought.

thats interesting. thats one of the greatest things about music...how it can appeal to so many different people on so many different levels.
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    dancing nancies, lie in our graves, the song that jane likes, #41, seek up

my second tier -

what would you say, the best of what's around, tripping billies, jimi thing, the last stop

'blue water' is also mesmerizing, haunting, and beautiful.

does anyone have a mp3 of 'you never know'
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    I lost interest in these guys years ago, but their first few albums have some excellent songs on them. "So Much To Say" is probably my favorite, followed closely by "The Last Stop".
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Bremerton wrote:

#41 and Seek Up are my 2 favorite DMB songs. I can do without everything from Everyday on but the back catalog is filled with amazing compositions.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    The Dreaming Tree, hands down. It's probably a top 5 song by any band for me. I couldn't believe they opened with it at Alpine last year... I'd heard it live before in 03, but I'd suspected it was going to be played based on that tour's patterns, so it wasn't surprising at the time. But this year... I had no idea it was coming, and they opened with it. As a specific concert memory, that will go down as one of my favorite concert moments ever.

Anyway... Before These Crowded Streets is their crowning achievement so far and, if things continue going the way they have been going, will be their crowning achievement as a band.

I also like Bartender and Two Step. Seek Up, too, which I have yet to hear live.
  • ChazzChazz Posts: 1,135
    Crash into Me
    Seek Up
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    My favorite is "Lie In Our Graves" ever since I saw them perform it live. These guys are the balls.
  • One of the best songs ever: Crush
    also: The stone, Big Eyed Fish, #41, Too Much
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown