Options

QOTSA and Kyuss

Comments

• Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I BrisK I wrote:

Who Wants The Only Live Recorded Desert Sessions??????????

I would be rediculously happy to get this recording. How?
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,849
    I loved the first QOTSA album. The rest suck, however.

Kyuss rock. Blues For The Red Sun is fantastic.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    i really like QOTSA
    but cant stand Kyuss
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    HUGE Qotsa fan....love all their albums.

Like Kyuss to, but not as much.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Options
    InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    intodeep wrote:
    Both of these bands are and were awesome.

welcome to sky valley is one of my favorite albums of the 90's

Now you're talking. Sky Valley is too sweet to be sour. Demon Cleaner is one of my favorite Kyuss songs.

I probably like Kyuss better than Queens but I do like them both quite a bit.

I think I'll listen to Circus right now.
  • Options
    ramspamramspam Posts: 130
    I've only got welcome to sky valley by Kyuss and i love it so much, its really awesome to study too haha:D! What I've heard from QOTSA is good too.
    Only fools have signatures...

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #20-+--+
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    MCG wrote:
    I would be rediculously happy to get this recording. How?

fuck, i just deleted the upload link in my email account

ask sleight of hand, i gave him the link.

if not, you got soulseek?
  • Options
    MJSB74MJSB74 Posts: 75
    If you like Kyuss you should check out the band Unida - only did one album featuring the lead vocalist from Kyuss - trumps anything QOTSA ever did.

You are sooo right Unida are a fucking awesome band. Have you heard their unreleased album? It shits on Urban Coyote....its THAT good! Go find it..........
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    MJSB74 wrote:
    You are sooo right Unida are a fucking awesome band. Have you heard their unreleased album? It shits on Urban Coyote....its THAT good! Go find it..........

Yep both albums are great, But I think Urban Coyote... is a little bit better then their unreleased one. Urban Coyote is much heavier.
  • Options
    BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    Kyuss!!!!!!!!!

Love them, even more than QOTSA. I'm happy to hear from some other fans!!!
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • Options
    Huge Queens fan, huge DS fan, not a fan of Kyuss. Don't know why, just do not dig, ya hear.

J. Ho is a genius.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    not sure which one i like better. i can't tell you how many times i've gotten baked to kyuss, blues for.... is probably my fav. QOTSA is so diverse and trippy. josh homme is the shit.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    Any fans here?

umm.. yeah.. born to hula
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    you gotta love that man...josh homme...and mark lanegan in qotsa cannot hurt ( i love ''this lullaby'' such a beautiful song...)

what do you think about eagles of death metal?
    En mi vida,
    el oscuro me mantiene
    cuando yo te vi
    en la lluvia me prometiste tu sangre

Estrella de la mañana
    Samael te persigo a ti
    y si me quedo sin alas
    ademas me muero por ti
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    all the Queens records are good and all the Kyuss records are good except "Wretch". that one blows my ass. Desert Sessions are good but not essential.
  • Options
    edigerediger Posts: 308
    Kyuss and Queens fucking rock. I love Welcome to Sky Valley and Rated R.
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • Options
    Check out Unida boys.
  • Options
    Yeah I like both alot as well....another band I like within the same genre is Fu Manchu...
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    MJSB74MJSB74 Posts: 75
    Klumpie wrote:
    Check out Unida boys.

Seriously, listen to the man. Heres Puppet Man from their unreleased second full length album. If this doesn't rock your socks off then, er you have no socks....or something

http://rapidshare.com/files/498610/01_PUPPET_MAN.mp3

John Garcia is quite simply, the man.
  • Options
    MJSB74 wrote:
    Seriously, listen to the man. Heres Puppet Man from their unreleased second full length album. If this doesn't rock your socks off then, er you have no socks....or something

http://rapidshare.com/files/498610/01_PUPPET_MAN.mp3

John Garcia is quite simply, the man.

Check this out pussies. :D John Garcia is indeed the man!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    check out Slo Burn

best side project garcia has done
  • Options
    blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    Present.

Anything Josh Homme touches reaches otherworldly dimensions.

The man can't make a mistake.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    I am a fan of stoner rock. I also really like Monster Magnet.

The latest Queens of the Stone Age album was awsome.

I like Corrosion of Comformity's album Deliverance.

Another great album is the Butt Hole Surfers album electric lary land.
  • Options
    Did anyone pick up the Eagles of Death Metal album. It has Josh in the album. He does not sing though. I think he plays drums. Is the album anygood?
  • Options
    huge qotsa fan. dont really know kyuss, what's a good one to start on? didnt like the eagles of death metal album too much.

the first two queens records are probably the best. how to handle a rope from 1st one...awesome tune. some great stuff on rated r...Better Living through chemistry...what a trip.

who said only the first queens record is good and the rest suck? whats wrong with rated r
  • Options
    edigerediger Posts: 308
    huge qotsa fan. dont really know kyuss, what's a good one to start on? didnt like the eagles of death metal album too much.

the first two queens records are probably the best. how to handle a rope from 1st one...awesome tune. some great stuff on rated r...Better Living through chemistry...what a trip.

who said only the first queens record is good and the rest suck? whats wrong with rated r

I saw Queens for the first time when they toured for Lullabies. They changed up the set part way and threw in How To Handle A Rope. It was fucking amazing. That and closing with I Think I Lost My Headache, just insane
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    What about Masters Of Reality, do u guys listen to them too?

They fucking rock!!!!

Masters Of Reality... fucking superb, their 1st album blew me away :D:D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    Kyuss were one the most immense bands of the 90s but i find QOTSA to be average. Although their first release was pretty decent.
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    seeing this is a stoner rock thread....

iam in to loads i like

fu manchu
    kyuss
    masters of reality
    monster magnet
    acid king
    brant bjork
    nebula
    atomic bitchwax
    electric wizard
    clutch
    hangnail
    black sabbath
    dinosuar junior
    hmm, a bit of high on fire
    goatsnake
    dozer

list goes on ...

Was searching if there was a thread about Nebula here and found this awesome list of bands from 2 years ago. Amazing bands... all of them. Respect.

Everything is beautiful and nothing hurts...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOMoHXEhblo
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    im listening to misfit love.....what a build. the first 1:30 of that song......oooooooooh yeah thats the good stuff.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18