drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    The official site http://www.editorsofficial.com says this:

Editors album 'The Back Room' US release today
    Mar 21st 2006

and Japan's was on 4.26.06 and UK was on 3.10.06

Not to beat a dead horse....

From the same site you sited in your post, the "Band" section:

Debut album “The Back Room” (July 2005) had entered the charts at Number 13 but continued to find fans throughout the autumn
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
    dirt wrote:
    Decemberists - Crane Wife

Best album of the year IMO
  • heres what i liked this year!

pearl jam- pearl jam

tool- 10,000 days

red hot chili peppers- stadium arcadium

my chemical romance- the black parade

the burden brothers- mercy

i find many of the bands everyone has listed obscure, some ive never heard of. i would like to check some of them out.

i also know i will get blasted for liking mcr, but thats ok. i enjoy it, and thats all that really matters to me. i would never not like a band because somebody else told me not to. in fact, that would probably just make me like them even more.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• YukikoYukiko Posts: 109
    PJ - PJ
    Tool - 10000 days
    Edguy - Rocket Ride
    Audioslave - Revelations
    Weichafe - Harto de Todo...
    ...jamas fue pensado llegar a esto...
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    The Hatter wrote:
    No mate, the reason no-one here like My Chemical ROmance is that they are shit. Talentless wankers who can't write a decent song to save their lives.
    I had the misfortune of being cubjected to their "music" live and I nearly wanted to kill myself afterwards.

There is a BIG difference between Radiohead and MCR, that being that Thom York is an excellent songwriter. In fact, Thom Yorke is a fucking genius, this little foggt is far from it.

In the end, it's the music that counts, not what's cool, and it's the music that is shit.

i assume foggt was supposed to be faggot and that is indicative of your intelligence and maturity?

thom yorke is a "genius" becos he's had 10 years to stick around. the jury is out on mcr. honestly, ive never heard a single MCR song in my life. i have no idea what they sound like. but i find many other people who claim to loathe them are in the same camp... they've never heard a song. they simply heard their name in conjunciton with another band they dislike and dismiss them for it. or they hate the "scene."

"it's not the band i hate, it's their fans."
    i assume foggt was supposed to be faggot and that is indicative of your intelligence and maturity?

thom yorke is a "genius" becos he's had 10 years to stick around. the jury is out on mcr. honestly, ive never heard a single MCR song in my life. i have no idea what they sound like. but i find many other people who claim to loathe them are in the same camp... they've never heard a song. they simply heard their name in conjunciton with another band they dislike and dismiss them for it. or they hate the "scene."

Nice Sloan quote - great song

......All I have heard of MCR is that "Black Parade" song - their new single. I honestly have to hear it at least 5 times a day on the radio at work, and I HATE it. BUT in their defense - its no worse than 90% of the other stuff I hear on the radio.
  • Honorable Mentions:
    Built to Spill - You in Reverse
    Deftones - Saturday Night Wrists
    Sparta - Threes
    Incubus - Like Grenades
    Thom Yorke - The Eraser
    Loose Fur - Born Again in the USA
    The Annuals - Be He Me

Top 5:
    5. Tool - 10, 000 Days
    4. Jeremy Enigk - World Waits
    3. Pearl Jam - Self Titled
    2. The Decemberists - The Crane Wife
    1. And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead - So Divided

probably forgetting some, but that'll do.
    they say god makes problems just to see what you can stand ~ elliott smith
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    but i find many other people who claim to loathe them are in the same camp... they've never heard a song.
    I first heard MCR when Gerard Way's hair was still black.

The fashion style has improved that's about it. And thankfully I listen to a radio station that doesn't even play them. They're too busy playing Public Enemy, RATM, Bob Marley, Pearl Jam, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Radiohead, The English Beat, The Smiths, etc to be bothered with that crap.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
    dharma69 wrote:

The fashion style has improved that's about it. And thankfully I listen to a radio station that doesn't even play them. They're too busy playing Public Enemy, RATM, Bob Marley, Pearl Jam, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Radiohead, The English Beat, The Smiths, etc to be bothered with that crap.

you have listened to their new album then? or you heard their first pop punk single and refused to hear anything else?
    Todd76 wrote:
    Nice Sloan quote - great song

......All I have heard of of MCR is that "Black Parade" song - their new single. I honestly have to hear it at least 5 times a day on the radio at work, and I HATE it. BUT in their defense - its no worse than 90% of the stuff I have to hear on the radio.

yeah, sloan doesn't get enough love in this world. i havent heard the single of anything else. but at least you're honest. i dont listen to the radio at all, which is probly why MCR never annoyed me.
    you have listened to their new album then? or you heard their first pop punk single and refused to hear anything else?
    No...to both.

Please stop trying to place in that box of the simple and/or narrow-minded who pre-judge or jump to quick conclusions or can't deviate from a path. I gave them a chance...several, actually. They failed miserably with my ears and my brain every time. Especially when they appeared on Saturday Night Live...and I stayed up late just to watch them.

And that's simply that. Love them til your heart's content...no worries on my part. Just don't expect me to love them too just so that I can be different. I'm plenty different enough in my fondness for Pearl Jam.

FaceSpace
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Pearl Jam
    My Morning Jacket - Okonokus
    The Black Keys- Black Potion
    Neil Young - Living With War
    R.E.M. - .....And I feel Fine (c'mon its counted!)
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Wow! This MCR chat is some of the most ignorant shit ever.
    I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing.

EF-PSYCHO-03!!!
  • My favorite this year have been:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones
    Gomez - How We Operate
    RCHP - Stadium Arcadium
    The Cardigans - Super Extra Gravity (yes, this technically was released in 2005 but was not available in the U.S. until Sept. 2006 so it's on my 2006 list)
    Wolfmother

Others albums I enjoyed:
    Pearl Jam
    Widespread Panic - Earth to America
    Robert Randolph - Colorblind
    Cat Power - The Greatest
    Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
    Foo Fighters - Skin and Bones
    Black Crowes - Freak N Roll and The Lost Crowes
    Depeche Mode - Playing the Angel
    KT Tunstall - Eye to the Telescope

Have yet to hear:
    The Decemberists - Crane Wife
    Incubus - Light Grenades
    Beck - Information
  • Pearl Jam
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium
    Army of Anyone
    Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
    Deftones - Saturday Wrist

Honourable mentions go to:
    Thom Yorke - The Eraser
    Audioslave - Revelations
    puts his faith in love and, tremor christ.

"I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."
  • Oh, Wolfmother and the Arctic Monkeys get honourable mentions for being pretty much the only half decent new bands, (other than AOA)
    puts his faith in love and, tremor christ.

"I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."
    rexdogga wrote:
    Wow! This MCR chat is some of the most ignorant shit ever.
    And there you go raising the bar....

Not.

FaceSpace
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Pearl jam- pearl jam
    Joe Bonamassa- you &me
    The Burden Brothers- Mercy
    Eagles of death metal- death 2 sexy
    Bob Dylan- Modern times
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • dharma69 wrote:
    They're too busy playing Public Enemy, RATM, Bob Marley, Pearl Jam, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Radiohead, The English Beat, The Smiths, etc to be bothered with that crap.

sounds like the station i work for...you in san diego?
  • Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam
    First Impressions of Earth - The Strokes
    Revelations - Audioslave
    Light Grenades - Incubus
    Okonokos - My Morning Jacket
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • Pearl Jam number one for sure, I really liked the Darkness and Iron Madien albums released this year.
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    dharma69 wrote:

And what station might this be?! Sounds like my kind of station!
    sounds like the station i work for...you in san diego?
    No, but close...San Clemente.

I'm in that in-between zone where I can still get 94.9 KBZT at home and in my car and life is good....until I get to Dana Point. Then the CD player gets turned on (it's practically a morning ritual). God knows I'm not listening to KROQ or anything else like it.

If you work for KBZT, yay for you! And please pass on the message that you folks do it just right.

FaceSpace
    gabers wrote:
    And what station might this be?! Sounds like my kind of station!
    I'm betting that it probably is:).

http://www.fm949sandiego.com/listen/index.cfm

And they stream online so you can listen from Timbuktu if you have to!

FaceSpace
  • The Hatter wrote:
    No mate, the reason no-one here like My Chemical ROmance is that they are shit. Talentless wankers who can't write a decent song to save their lives.
    I had the misfortune of being cubjected to their "music" live and I nearly wanted to kill myself afterwards.

There is a BIG difference between Radiohead and MCR, that being that Thom York is an excellent songwriter. In fact, Thom Yorke is a fucking genius, this little foggt is far from it.

In the end, it's the music that counts, not what's cool, and it's the music that is shit.

well said! i can't wait 'till they take this crap music off the radio! It should be under the genre: CRAP
  • Todd76 wrote:
    Not to beat a dead horse....

From the same site you sited in your post, the "Band" section:

Debut album “The Back Room” (July 2005) had entered the charts at Number 13 but continued to find fans throughout the autumn

well they count as my 2006 ...
  • dharma69 wrote:
    No, but close...San Clemente.

I'm in that in-between zone where I can still get 94.9 KBZT at home and in my car and life is good....until I get to Dana Point. Then the CD player gets turned on (it's practically a morning ritual). God knows I'm not listening to KROQ or anything else like it.

If you work for KBZT, yay for you! And please pass on the message that you folks do it just right.

thanx man, i am not a fan of radio, but i think we do a decent job overall - a great job compared to other stations.

next time i am on air i will play a typically non-radio song in your honor :)
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain
    Cat Power - The Greatest
    Bob Dylan - Modern Times
    Sonic Youth - Rather Ripped
    Thom Yorke - The Eraser
  • i assume foggt was supposed to be faggot and that is indicative of your intelligence and maturity?

I said quite clearly in my post that I have seen them live, and it'd be quite a task to do so without hearing a single song.
    I was also asked by a friend with awful taste in music to listen to their new album. I did so.
    It was the worst, most insnsitive thing I have ever heard, especially "Cancer", that "song" couldn't be any more ridiculous or heavy handed if you wrote it on a brick and smashed me round the face with it.

The only "camps" here are those who like their music, thos who don't and thos who happen to think that it is an awful hatecrime perpetrated on mankind by a God that hates. I am in the latter.