Best Album Of The Year

2»

Comments

• I'm guessing the poster meant 2007. My favorite album of 2007 was.

The Polyhonic Spree - The Fragile Army
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • FunkdogFunkdog Posts: 85
    suprised no one has said my fave, Acrade Fire - Neon Bible. I listened to this album 3 times back to back the first time I heard it and it's yet to get stale for me.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - H.J.S.

"I have come here to chew bubble-gum, and kick ass! And I'm all out of bubble-gum!" R.P.
  • i think i'll go with KOL.
  • Arcade Fire, Neon Bible is my favourite album in nearly 20.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • The Shins - Wincing the Night Away
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,853
    three way tie
    Spoon ga
    Wilco sky
    EV Into

three kick ass records I am still listening to

2008, um I think there are a few more releases to come before I can make a judgement

but looking forward to the Diamond Hoo Ha Man Jan 14th.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    Because of the Times - Kings of Leon
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    stu gee wrote:
    Cant see further than KOL because of the times to be honest, my fav KOL album yet. Charmer is fucking amazing!!!

Charmer is so f'n cool!!

Is "in rainbows" considered '08 since it came out hard copy on Jan1? if so, i'llpick that (so far) if not, i havent bought anything yet this year. Still digging '07 stuff.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”