I'm in love with Arcade Fire

2»

Comments

• boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    I'm basing my opinion on other very good "indie" bands... I just don't think they are nearly as good as bands like Spoon and Band of Horses... I think those bands deserve more much attention as Arcade fire is getting... Its all my opinion though... I'm not saying I'm right and your wrong...

After All the praise they get and all the people telling me their like the best band of the decade... I was expecting much more then I got... but someone told me that I might have to listen to funeral before I appreciate neon bible... so i MIGHT try that out...

I'm sorry man. I really like Spoon. I think Band of Horses are okay. But neither of them even belong in the same conversation with Arcade Fire. They aren't even in the same universe. The one thing I would tell you is that they may need to grow on you. I remember when Funeral started getting a lot of buzz around here, and I listened the first time and didn't get it. But soon after, I did get it.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • boroff89 wrote:
    I'm sorry man. I really like Spoon. I think Band of Horses are okay. But neither of them even belong in the same conversation with Arcade Fire. They aren't even in the same universe. The one thing I would tell you is that they may need to grow on you. I remember when Funeral started getting a lot of buzz around here, and I listened the first time and didn't get it. But soon after, I did get it.

I think I'll give funeral a run because I really wanna like them... but if I can't, I can't. Can you recommend a track or two to start with?
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    I think I'll give funeral a run because I really wanna like them... but if I can't, I can't. Can you recommend a track or two to start with?

Wake Up is the place to start, in my opinion.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • boroff89 wrote:
    Wake Up is the place to start, in my opinion.

I'll tell you what I think of it in a little while

bleh I tried to edit this post with my lengthy opinion two times now... and it didn't work... I lost all the thing I was gonna say,,, I'll try again tomorrow... In short... I didn't like it...
  • I think I'll give funeral a run because I really wanna like them... but if I can't, I can't. Can you recommend a track or two to start with?
    The first song I listened to was Black Mirror off of Neon Bible. The first song that -really- made me love them was Neighborhood 2 (Laïka) from Funeral.

What I like best about The Arcade Fire is the amateur feel I sense from them. I can really feel the emotion they put into their music; first of all because they put emotion into what they produce and secondly because they are capable of passing that emotion onto the listener.

I'm working on getting the audio (and video but that might take a lot longer as I need a better pc tv tuner) from their Austin City Limits (the show on PBS) performance which was fucking killer.
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    Funeral was a great album. Neon Bible is merely decent.

Personally I think The Decemberists are the better band.
  • i stpped waiting for the new grunge scene
    arcade fire and indie rock are it people.

best live band, most important band in music
  • Soupy wrote:
    Funeral was a great album. Neon Bible is merely decent

Funny because I have totally the opposite opinion. That's why they're brilliant. They've only got 2 albums but just like PJ, everyone has a different favourite.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Arcade Fire <3<3<3...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"