OMFG Wintersleep!!!

2»

Comments

• dustdust Posts: 133
    Oh oh oh!
    Might take mine along too ;)
    I am ridiculously excited about this gig :D:D:D

Of course I'm absolutely going to insist they play avalanche...
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i strongly agree this band fucking rules. one of my fav out right now, and one of my fav to come out in a lonnnnnngg time. cant get enough. i want welcome to the night sky on vinyl!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    I posted a massage on their forum askin them to bring over some vinyl for the merch stand.....they better not disobey me
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    dust wrote:
    I posted a massage on their forum askin them to bring over some vinyl for the merch stand.....they better not disobey me

the first two albums are completely sold out, the 3rd hasnt been pressed :( i only need the 3rd, i ebayed the other two!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • dust wrote:
    Of course I'm absolutely going to insist they play avalanche...

Me and Urbanhippie talked about what we didn't need them to play and I think we narrowed it down to 3 songs... gonna be a long gig! :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
    Me and Urbanhippie talked about what we didn't need them to play and I think we narrowed it down to 3 songs... gonna be a long gig! :D

actually you've got a point, I can't think of anything I don't really wanna hear and I guess they do owe us for makin us wait so damn long :D

Guess we better get the beers in...
    the first two albums are completely sold out, the 3rd hasnt been pressed :( i only need the 3rd, i ebayed the other two!

I had one in my hand on a wintery visit to Halifax a couple of years back but I had to put it back on the grounds I was zig zagging over the country with just a backback and I thought it would get ruined......bloody hell what was I thinking?

bugger
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    dust wrote:
    I had one in my hand on a wintery visit to Halifax a couple of years back but I had to put it back on the grounds I was zig zagging over the country with just a backback and I thought it would get ruined......bloody hell what was I thinking?

bugger
    Shame, shame on you! What WERE you thinking? :mad:

I've seen a pic that someone posted way back when....sooooo pretty *sigh*
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
    Shame, shame on you! What WERE you thinking? :mad:

I've seen a pic that someone posted way back when....sooooo pretty *sigh*

I cannot defend myself.....I must have been having an insane 10 minutes or somethin :D

It was so pretty.....maybe they'll run off some more one day. We can corner them in London, I don't think beggin is beneath me at this point
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    heard oblivion on the radio in the beer store yesterday

love that song
    dust wrote:
    I cannot defend myself.....I must have been having an insane 10 minutes or somethin :D

It was so pretty.....maybe they'll run off some more one day. We can corner them in London, I don't think beggin is beneath me at this point
    I KNOW it's not beneath me ;)

I reckon if there's enough of us we could get them to do anything...

Like play all 3 albums back to back? :D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • I KNOW it's not beneath me ;)

I reckon if there's enough of us we could get them to do anything...

Like play all 3 albums back to back? :D

Just say that your disabled 'friend' really wants them to. Problem solved. :)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    I would also like to profess my love for this amazing motherfucking band.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
    direwolf74 wrote:
    I would also like to profess my love for this amazing motherfucking band.

this threads gettin me too excited bout next week....does anybody have any wine to subdue me?
    Just got back fom their gig supporting Land Of Talk at the Metro club in London and I can't stop smiling. Met all the guys, they were so friendly... sorry I can't quite muster bein articulate right now, i'm actually quite speechless :D

accidentally managed to acquire 2 set lists ( I know i'm just plain greedy)

set list

miasmal
    archeologists
    dead letter
    encyclopedia (new song I hadn't heard)
    murderer
    search party
    oblivion

absolutely awesome but over way to quickly. For anyone livin near London Tim told me they are playin again tomorrow night (headlining set) at a pub called wilmington arms? Details should be on their myspace asap, the promoter wouldn't let them talk about it till tonights show was done.

I'm wafflin aren't I? thanks for reading....FUCK what a night
    dust wrote:
    Just got back fom their gig supporting Land Of Talk at the Metro club in London and I can't stop smiling. Met all the guys, they were so friendly... sorry I can't quite muster bein articulate right now, i'm actually quite speechless :D

accidentally managed to acquire 2 set lists ( I know i'm just plain greedy)

set list

miasmal
    archeologists
    dead letter
    encyclopedia (new song I hadn't heard)
    murderer
    search party
    oblivion

absolutely awesome but over way to quickly. For anyone livin near London Tim told me they are playin again tomorrow night (headlining set) at a pub called wilmington arms? Details should be on their myspace asap, the promoter wouldn't let them talk about it till tonights show was done.

I'm wafflin aren't I? thanks for reading....FUCK what a night
    WOW!! New stuff??

Awesome :D:D

Glad you had a great time, I wish I could get to tonights gig but I'll be at the Camden one on the 19th. Hope to see a few of you there :D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    WOO HOO!!

keep the reviews comin'! i'm lovin' it. :D

ps. yay new song! :)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
    I don't know which Wintersleep thread to post in anymore so I might just have to go with both of them....

Just got back from their gig at the Wilmington arms in London, took me a very stressful couple of hours runnin in circles and askin many inebriated barefaced liars for directions before I finally found the venue with minutes to spare

Well worth the journey, set was ridiculously short again but the guys seemed really into it, Miasmal was simply breathtaking. Pretty similar set to last night but they dropped encyclopedia and slipped in weighty ghost and Danse macabre (Paul came in too early with the vocals, sweet moment) Sound was much better at this venue.

They made my night for seeming genuinely pleased that I managed to make the gig and thankin me loads for coming...the smiley on here just doesn't do my grin justice right now.

BRING ON CAMDEN!!!!!
  • ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    Me and civ_eng_girl had the pleasure of harassing them in Chicago. Loel is a monster!! We saw them two nights in a row. The first night I was yawning, the second night, they brought it! I like to give a band 3 tries until I strike them out unless they are just so fucking horrid there's no way you could possibly change my mind after night one. Wintersleep turned out to be rockin' mofo's.
    Just me
    It takin all my willpower not to find my way to Cambridge to see them again tonight...if only I didn't have to move house :D

They were, so intense last night. I think your right about the whole second chance thing. Any band can have an off night. I noticed a huge difference last night from thursday, maybe due to the fact they were headlining, also crowd energy, sound and stuff

God I love this band, Loel was awesome. He thanked me for makin London feel a little bit like home :D what a monster on drums too!!!
    I am sooooooo excited about Camden it's qiute ridiculous...even more so after reading this :D

It's going to be awesome!!!

We'll look out for you there. I'll be the girl in the PJ shirt with the guy who sits down a lot ;):D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
    I am sooooooo excited about Camden it's qiute ridiculous...even more so after reading this :D

It's going to be awesome!!!

We'll look out for you there. I'll be the girl in the PJ shirt with the guy who sits down a lot ;):D

I'll look out for you :D I'm so excited I can't concentrate on anything

we need to make this gig one big party :D
  • Zanne wrote:
    Me and civ_eng_girl had the pleasure of harassing them in Chicago. Loel is a monster!!

Well I don't know about that, but when he grows up he'll be one. ;)

Well I don't know about that, but when he grows up he'll be one. ;)

:D
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Anyone debating whether or not to try these guys out should stop. All 3 of their albums are exceptional.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?