OMFG Wintersleep!!!

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited May 2008 in Other Music
Listen To This Beautiful Motherfucking Band.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Listen To This Beautiful Motherfucking Band.
    yes, I still have to....
    everybody here seems to like this band... a link to something ?
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Mother fucking has never really been a top priority for me when considering a new band, but I guess everybody needs something to fall back on

Seriously, though, I've looked all over for that damn cd and can't find it anywhere around here. I think I've actually heard one song, which I liked, and I've wanted to buy just because everyone else seems to be so high on them...I like taking risks sometimes
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • 'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Julien wrote:
    but I meant a link to a mp3 or two..
    because, as the poster above, I can't find the cd here in Belgium !

We in the UK have had to buy them online, I don't really do the whole MP3 thing. Amazon will have all 3.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    You've been very influenced by my Xerxes thread haven't you Mark? :p
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    You've been very influenced by my Xerxes thread haven't you Mark? :p

It was a beautiful motherfucking thread Jeremy, I've merely carried on the legacy. :)

We in the UK have had to buy them online, I don't really do the whole MP3 thing. Amazon will have all 3.
    thanks ! I'll try amazon.
    I'm not a fan of MP3 and almost never download. I only do it to discover bands. and once I like a few tracks of a band, I buy CDs.
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    harmless, don't be trying to break away from the official, ever-lasting, gets-more-posts-than-the-winterseelp-forum, omfg, ***Wintersleep*** thread!!

i'm proud of that one! ;):p:D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • harmless, don't be trying to break away from the official, ever-lasting, gets-more-posts-than-the-winterseelp-forum, omfg, ***Wintersleep*** thread!!

i'm proud of that one! ;):p:D

I did a search for it but I couldn't remember how many damn asterisks you'd put on there and the search function couldn't find 'Wintersleep'. :rolleyes: :p

I did a search for it but I couldn't remember how many damn asterisks you'd put on there and the search function couldn't find 'Wintersleep'. :rolleyes: :p

hahaha... oddly, it comes up if you search the word "Loel" :D

anyways... i second your thoughts on this beautiful mother-fucking band. :)

are you going to any of the UK shows?
  • hahaha... oddly, it comes up if you search the word "Loel" :D

anyways... i second your thoughts on this beautiful mother-fucking band. :)

are you going to any of the UK shows?

UH and I are going to Camden, May 19th. :D You?

UH and I are going to Camden, May 19th. :D You?

wish i could!! but a trip to your side of the ocean isn't in the cards for me until later this fall, maybe.

you guys are going to love it!!!! they're so damn good live.... made sure you have a view of Loel... he's great fun to watch play....

give Pauly a kiss for me... ;)
  • wish i could!! but a trip to your side of the ocean isn't in the cards for me until later this fall, maybe.

you guys are going to love it!!!! they're so damn good live.... made sure you have a view of Loel... he's great fun to watch play....

give Pauly a kiss for me... ;)

LOL..

Loel sounds like LOL ;)

LOL..

Loel sounds like LOL ;)

that's just 'cuz you have an accent. ;):p
  • that's just 'cuz you have an accent. ;):p

I don't have an accent, you do!

• bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I think they're pretty good!
    I just don't see the HUUUUGE deal about them.
  • mikesbrimikesbri Posts: 965
    pretty good band and there from Canada.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
    which album(s) to start with ?
    It looks like they have 3. Is one of th 3 better than the others ? is one not good or worth buying ?
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Julien wrote:
    which album(s) to start with ?
    It looks like they have 3. Is one of th 3 better than the others ? is one not good or worth buying ?
    You need them all :)
    The third one is probably the most accessible, but they are all awesome.

I suggest you start with 'Welcome to the Night Sky' and go on from there. You can listen to a couple of songs on their myspace. :)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=22506515
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
    You need them all :)
    The third one is probably the most accessible, but they are all awesome.

I suggest you start with 'Welcome to the Night Sky' and go on from there. You can listen to a couple of songs on their myspace. :)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=22506515
    thanks !
  • dustdust Posts: 133
    fantastic fantastic band, seein em next thursday in London and then again in Camden on the 19th. I would travel to Bristol as well but I think my finances are all tapped out. Its been a very long 2 years since I last saw them....
  • dust wrote:
    fantastic fantastic band, seein em next thursday in London and then again in Camden on the 19th. I would travel to Bristol as well but I think my finances are all tapped out. Its been a very long 2 years since I last saw them....

We've got another May 19th person! Wooo. :D

We've got another May 19th person! Wooo. :D

haha how many of us are there? I'm bringing around 10 people I think...I wanna make so much noise they don't make me wait 2 years nxt time
  • dust wrote:
    haha how many of us are there? I'm bringing around 10 people I think...I wanna make so much noise they don't make me wait 2 years nxt time

Just me and my girlfriend... I'm not sure of anyone else. Are the 10 people from the board?

Nah these are just people I've plied with incessant Wintersleep tunes :)

Seriously tho, there hasn't actually been a single person I've given the cds to who hasn't loved them. I'm sure there were some other people from this board that are goin tho, it was in the other thread.

Nobody ever goes on the Wintersleep board and after a while its no fun replying to yourself........
    dust wrote:

Nobody ever goes on the Wintersleep board and after a while its no fun replying to yourself........

lol... i just checked... i have 79 posts over there, and that's more than twice as many as the next guy.... :)

it's a shame that more people aren't using it.

it was fun when the boys were creating/replying to threads... but they haven't really been around in while.

at least Loel posted that Japan video he made for me... ;):D
    at least Loel posted that Japan video he made for me... ;):D
    We all know you keep Loel in your pocket ;)

And Paul under the bed :eek:

:D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
    Me and a friend were chatting to the guys in Vancouver a few years ago, my mate will be in Camden on the 19th and he asked me if I think Paul will remember signing his cd...... :)
    dust wrote:
    Me and a friend were chatting to the guys in Vancouver a few years ago, my mate will be in Camden on the 19th and he asked me if I think Paul will remember signing his cd...... :)
    Oh oh oh!
    Might take mine along too ;)
    I am ridiculously excited about this gig :D:D:D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09