It's no such thing.
    This isn't, no

I want you bad!
    I want you bad!
    I understand why they say
    high school never ends

*shudders*

REALLY?

The way I see it, these lyrics are supposed to be taken ironically. The song is about the fact that even a grown man, when he's in love, can feel as if it's for the first time; sometimes love is so illogical, it feels juvenile. It makes you feel like a fuckin teenager all over again. Hence the deliberately bad 'I want you bad!' It's a fully grown man echoing the sentiments of a teenager. I've no problem with these lyrics at all..
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • silly statement. murder was well received from fans and critics alike.

Not on the Incubus forums. It strayed more people away... because it didn't sound like "Morning View" (which so many people loved to death)... and then ACLOTM came out... and they had a new bassist. So, it took people a while. And I didn't even see reviews about it... wait, actually, I think the only review I saw was in Rolling Stone and they gave it a shitty review... like one little paragraph and three stars. That's not really saying much.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • The way I see it, these lyrics are supposed to be taken ironically. The song is about the fact that even a grown man, when he's in love, can feel as if it's for the first time; sometimes love is so illogical, it feels juvenile. It makes you feel like a fuckin teenager all over again. Hence the deliberately bad 'I want you bad!' It's a fully grown man echoing the sentiments of a teenager. I've no problem with these lyrics at all..

Very nice view on the song.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Great album. But it's still their weakest to date.
  • Great album. But it's still their weakest to date.

No way.. Light Grenades is their worst, by a large margin.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Eh, agree to disagree :)
  • Light Grenades are not so grenadeish. they are more like firecrackers. And Morning View is one the most...in the history of mankind.
    ??!
  • I was just poking around on their Wikipedia site(I know don't believe everything you read on Wiki) but it mentions podcasts that contain covers of Black Hole Son and Would?
    Does anyone have those in mp3 form?
    I am Jack, The Pumpkin King!
    The eyes are the groin of the head.
  • GVN2FLI wrote:
    I was just poking around on their Wikipedia site(I know don't believe everything you read on Wiki) but it mentions podcasts that contain covers of Black Hole Son and Would?
    Does anyone have those in mp3 form?

I don't have them in mp3, but you can listen to them here:

Black Hole Sun:
    http://www.esnips.com/doc/6f8fa83d-520d-46cb-bc42-4e433f08dbf4/Incubus---Black-Hole-Sun-(Soundgarden-Cover)

Would?:
    http://www.radioblogclub.com/open/125145/incubus___would/Incubus%20-%20Would%20%28Alice%20in%20Chains%20Live%20Cover%29
  • "insecurities
    Are about as useful as trying
    To put the pin back in the grenade"

That is one of the best lines in a song.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Anyways, in response to the original post...Crow is among my fave albums of all time...def in my top 20, at least.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    boroff89 wrote:
    Umm. . .what exactly does this mean? That you don't see them as a relevant band anymore? Even if that were the case, which it is most definitely not, when has it ever been a rule that discussion of once great bands is not allowed?

They are not relevant, but how many rock bands are? Light Grenades is good for a few listens and then it turns into a giant "yawn". They hit their peak with Morning View.
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    the black hole sun cover musically sounds good but at the end of the song brandon seems like a little white girl screaming. cornell screaming at that time is almost impossible to beat........
  • The way I see it, these lyrics are supposed to be taken ironically. The song is about the fact that even a grown man, when he's in love, can feel as if it's for the first time; sometimes love is so illogical, it feels juvenile. It makes you feel like a fuckin teenager all over again. Hence the deliberately bad 'I want you bad!' It's a fully grown man echoing the sentiments of a teenager. I've no problem with these lyrics at all..

+1
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • No way.. Light Grenades is their worst, by a large margin.

Agreed.

so disappointed with that album, huge let down after the stunning Crow Left Of The Murder...

Nothing will ever top Morning View for me though...
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • I definetly think that 'A Crow left of the Murder' is their best record by far!!