Options

Damien Rice anyone?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Obsidian22Obsidian22 Posts: 298
    Hey fellow jammers! Yes Damien Rice is a special songwriter and musician.
    I had the pleasure of meeting him at his first gig in Toronto. It was a few years back and he played at a small bar called The Elmocombo. Not more than 200 people there. His band is awesome. He rolled a Drum smoke and I gave him a light. He is so unassuming, I didn't relaize it was him till he introduced himself and asked me for a light. We watched his buddy from L.A
    Joel Shearer (played guitar on Alanis Morissette's albums and tours, his band Pedestrian)
    open for Damien. Then it was time for Damien to play. We said goodbye, and I asked him if he would play Eskimo. My favorite off 'O". He played it, lying down. It's still etched in my mind.
    I met him again outside of Convocation Hall, Toronto, UFT campus, the folowing year.He was filming squirrels for his friends back home in Ireland. "We have only black ones there!" The show rocked again , this time filling up a 1200 seat theatre.
    He is coming to Toronto again on July 17/06. He will play at the Danforth Music Hall. Check him out, it will give you goosebumps. cheers Tanya
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's Soul remains Unawakened.
    Anatole France
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    moster78 wrote:
    I'm debating going to see Fiona Apple just for Damien, and then leaving when he's done. No desire to see Fiona, but I love Damien Rice. Saw him at the Beacon in NYC in 2004 and he was amazing. I even went to this weird benefit concert at Carnegie Hall full of Tibetan monks chanting because he played two tunes.

id be more inclined to see fiona apple! ahh id love to see her live but she just doesnt tour overseas - esp not australia which is a shame. go there and see fiona for me lol
  • Options
    armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    I just went to a taping of the LAST CALL WITH CARSON DAILY show on the NBC lot here is Los Angeles. Fiona Apple was awesome as always! Her performace will air on June 20, 2006.
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA