Deftones!!!!!

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited January 2008 in Other Music
Arrrrggggh this kicks my arse.. takes me back!

'So why don't you run - so why don't you... RUUUUUN!'

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=KyHBHB6P_Gw

And this.... 'Hey you, big star.... SHOVE IT, SHOVE IT, SHOVE IT'

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=-sliDi-vL3g
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The Deftones are definitely a good band.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    "Be Quiet And Drive (Far Away)" is a great fucking song. the acoustic version is amazing too.
  • 1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Bumpety Bumparoony....
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Saw them in April, front row, nearly died but it was worth it....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Saw them in April, front row, nearly died but it was worth it....

LOL :D

Sorry you nearly died... but yeah, I can imagine it was..

LOL :D

Sorry you nearly died... but yeah, I can imagine it was..

i only lasted fourty five minutes at the front lol, but was so cool.....just two metres from chino....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • i only lasted fourty five minutes at the front lol, but was so cool.....just two metres from chino....

Well it's not sexual with me and Chino, but he's fantastic. :D

His voice is so weird, ethereal.... It shouldn't work, but it fucking does!

• audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Saw them in April, front row, nearly died but it was worth it....
    Was that at the Engine Shed? I'm kinda wishing I had gone to that.

I really used to like them...but I stopped listening for some reason. :confused: I'm listening to Hexagram now, as Harmless posted the link in another thread. :)
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • audiodave wrote:

I really used to like them...but I stopped listening for some reason. :confused: I'm listening to Hexagram now, as Harmless posted the link in another thread. :)

It just OWNS doesn't it.

It just OWNS doesn't it.
    It is a good song. I remember when I got the self titled album, it was definitely a standout track for me. I'll have to dig out my Deftones CD's and throw them on the old iPod. They're around here somewhere.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• audiodave wrote:
    It is a good song. I remember when I got the self titled album, it was definitely a standout track for me. I'll have to dig out my Deftones CD's and throw them on the old iPod. They're around here somewhere.

I think this album's a grower but terribly underrated.. It's Deftones' Riot Act.

I think this album's a grower but terribly underrated.. It's Deftones' Riot Act.

I don't recall a lot of it, but I remember I loved it straight away. And I love the cover of it.

And while most people consider White Pony their best work, I never got that into it.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• audiodave wrote:
    I don't recall a lot of it, but I remember I loved it straight away. And I love the cover of it.

And while most people consider White Pony their best work, I never got that into it.

I'm the same.. parts of White Pony are amazing (Mini Maggit!) but Around the Fur is their magnum opus IMO..

I'm the same.. parts of White Pony are amazing (Mini Maggit!) but Around the Fur is their magnum opus IMO..
    I have Around The Fur aswell somewhere but I didn't listen to it much.

I just found My Own Summer on youtube. :o I forgot how good this song is! What album is this from?
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

audiodave wrote:

Yes it was.

Wow, someones actually heard of the engine shed lol.

Apparently they only played lincoln because they had to cancel another gig or something?!

My favourite album is probably the self titled one, although I LOVE Saturday Night Wrist and think its very underated.
  • audiodave wrote:
    I have Around The Fur aswell somewhere but I didn't listen to it much.

I just found My Own Summer on youtube. :o I forgot how good this song is! What album is this from?

Around The Fur track 1 dude!

WOW....... Best punch in to an album ever.

Yes it was.

Wow, someones actually heard of the engine shed lol.

Apparently they only played lincoln because they had to cancel another gig or something?!

My favourite album is probably the self titled one, although I LOVE Saturday Night Wrist and think its very underated.
    Well I live here aswell. :p

It's a decent venue aswell. Was cool to see a band in my hometown instead of travelling all over the place like I used to. Wish it was there a few years ago though...used to go to Rock City in Nottingham so much when I was at school/college as it was the closest anyone ever played.

Self titled is good. I'll have to break it out.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Around The Fur track 1 dude!

WOW....... Best punch in to an album ever.
    Told you I didn't listen to it much! I'll have to break that one out aswell

And I must disagree, my favourite album opener will probably have to go to NIN. Though I can't decide if it's Mr Self Destruct or Somewhat Damaged.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• audiodave wrote:
    Told you I didn't listen to it much! I'll have to break that one out aswell

And I must disagree, my favourite album opener will probably have to go to NIN. Though I can't decide if it's Mr Self Destruct or Somewhat Damaged.

'Somewhat Damaged' is definitely a contender. When I said 'best ever' I was exaggerating. I tend to do that a lot ;)

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Hi...I have a drunken story about the Deftones (yes another one) I went to see them in around 96ish (let me know if that's wrong), in Cardiff. Me and my gig buddy, Andy, we went into a bar 2 hours before the show and it was happy hour, we got stuck into a few bottles of wine...2 hours later I was slumped on the bar, he puked all over himself in the toilet!
    I had to help him to a cab, and we went home before we were locked up for drunken behaviour...we missed the Deftones.
    I like White Pony myself.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • jamie uk wrote:
    Hi...I have a drunken story about the Deftones (yes another one) I went to see them in around 96ish (let me know if that's wrong), in Cardiff. Me and my gig buddy, Andy, we went into a bar 2 hours before the show and it was happy hour, we got stuck into a few bottles of wine...2 hours later I was slumped on the bar, he puked all over himself in the toilet!
    I had to help him to a cab, and we went home before we were locked up for drunken behaviour...we missed the Deftones.
    I like White Pony myself.

Damn, missed the Deftones? That's enough to put me off drink for life!

OK, maybe not.

'Somewhat Damaged' is definitely a contender. When I said 'best ever' I was exaggerating. I tend to do that a lot ;)
    Me too. I found my Deftone's CD and i'm currently ripping the self titled into iTunes. Forgot Be Quiet And Drive is on Around The Fur aswell. Tune!

Good story J. :)
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• audiodave wrote:
    Me too. I found my Deftone's CD and i'm currently ripping the self titled into iTunes. Forgot Be Quiet And Drive is on Around The Fur aswell. Tune!

Good story J. :)

Be Quiet and Drive is :cool:

Ah this is taking me back. To when emo wasn't associated with teenage boys wearing make up.

Deftones and At The Drive-In. :cool:
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

audiodave wrote:
    Well I live here aswell. :p

It's a decent venue aswell. Was cool to see a band in my hometown instead of travelling all over the place like I used to. Wish it was there a few years ago though...used to go to Rock City in Nottingham so much when I was at school/college as it was the closest anyone ever played.

Self titled is good. I'll have to break it out.

Nice to meet a fellow lincolnite :D

Yeah, get that cd on! lol.
  • audiodave wrote:
    Ah this is taking me back. To when emo wasn't associated with teenage boys wearing make up.

Deftones and At The Drive-In. :cool:

Were Deftones ever described as Emo?

Most of Ten would be considered Emo if it was released now :D

Were Deftones ever described as Emo?

Most of Ten would be considered Emo if it was released now :D
    Probably not...but I think they fit that description. There's a lot of emotion in there, that's for sure.
    Nice to meet a fellow lincolnite :D

Yeah, get that cd on! lol.
    Pretty sure we've had this conversation before, but it was a long time ago. :p
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• audiodave wrote:
    Probably not...but I think they fit that description. There's a lot of emotion in there, that's for sure.

Indeed there is, yep. :)

audiodave wrote:

Yeah? Lol probably! :D

There was about a year or so when i didnt really come on here...so it was probably back in the day :D

Still, nice to meet you......again