neil young/skynyrd bash

2»

Comments

• pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    scot88 wrote:
    hahaha, dude, the guitar solos and riffs in most skynyrd songs shit all over neil's playing. just listen to the freebird solo, and the lead guitar in that smell. neil simply cannot compare.

i enjoy both, but i have to say, i like skynyrd a hell of a lot more than neil.
    I have been on this board for a long time... I have been on Pearl Jam's message boards for at least 10 years... I have probably read millions of posts, thousands by Bonston Lou alone, but this, my friend, was the most incorrect statement I have ever read!
    Neil Young is probably the most talented musician of all time... end of story.
    Go pick up Shakey and stop posting on this board please!
    genie wrote:
    neil young hasn't got any good tunes, i don't care for his lyrics, the only song i like of neil young is " heart of gold"

as for LYNYRD SKYNYRD THEY KICK ASS!!!!!!!!! don't you dare to put them down when i'm here!
    I'm leaving this thread... possibly this board for a while...
  • scot88scot88 Posts: 217
    pjtaper wrote:
    Neil Young is probably the most talented musician of all time... end of story.
    you can't be serious. oh wait, you are. that's just sad.

neil is more talented than this http://youtube.com/watch?v=ETYVMP5SfGs ?

no, he doesn't even come close.
    the man can play MANY instruments, has written probably over 1000 songs, and...
    ahh fuck it
  • I hate Lynyrd Skynyrd and not only because of their reference to neil young in Sweet Home Alabama. Their tunes are just making me sick. They're *@#$#$ irritatin... :mad:

Neil Young = God :p
    just joking...

Neil Young = Best Writer and musician in the world
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    pjtaper wrote:
    the man can play MANY instruments, has written probably over 1000 songs, and...
    ahh fuck it
    Writing over 1000 songs is just a matter of being around a long time. It's not a real achievement. Now some of his records are achievements and other are just plain worthless self indulgence. But that will happen with any artist with over 1000 songs.

It's not fair to compare the two as Skynyrd only had 5 albums. They were one of the best live bands of the day, and could way more be closely compared with Pearl Jam than Neil Young.

I'm just glad both Neil and SKynyrd have given us the music they have and only wish that Ronnie Van Zant was still around to still be making great music.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    pjtaper wrote:
    I'm leaving this thread... possibly this board for a while...

Well I heard you talk about Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Well, I heard you put them down
    Well, I hope you will remember
    An Anglo-Russian gal doesn't need you around anyhow

;) catch my drift?
    scot88 wrote:

cool blues man!! i was looking for some good blues musicians to listen to, thanks to you, i've got one :);)
    genie wrote:
    cool blues man!! i was looking for some good blues musicians to listen to, thanks to you, i've got one :);)
    stevie ray is a dangerous man to get you into the blues. if you start by listening to him, you will most likely be disappointed by everyone else. sure, others have amazing songs, but none brought to the table what SRV did.
    scot88 wrote:

oh, my god man, i know i'm quoting you again, but this shit is good!!!!! i'm getting hundreds of orgasms :D going through my brain.

The sky is crying and Rude mood are fucking awesome tunes!!!! oh!! damn
    scot88 wrote:
    stevie ray is a dangerous man to get you into the blues. if you start by listening to him, you will most likely be disappointed by everyone else. sure, others have amazing songs, but none brought to the table what SRV did.

i don't care, i need a blues like this in my life right now :) to hell with losers, i'm going to listen to this cream of the crop ;)
    genie wrote:
    i don't care, i need a blues like this in my life right now :) to hell with losers, i'm going to listen to this cream of the crop ;)
    hell, how can i discourage someone from getting into SRV? i'm actually kinda jealous... it took a while for him to grow on me. listen to "life by the drop" for some acoustic blues. it will blow you away.
    scot88 wrote:
    hell, how can i discourage someone from getting into SRV? i'm actually kinda jealous... it took a while for him to grow on me. listen to "life by the drop" for some acoustic blues. it will blow you away.

hey, it's a beauty. thanks :) , going to go and listen to other songs.
    genie wrote:
    hey, it beauty. thanks :) , going to go and listen to other songs.
    enjoy, then spread the SRV love.