Is it just me or is 'Like Suicide' the best Soungarden song ever!?!?

2»

Comments

• VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,816
    Possibly my favorite Soundgarden song... I wouldn't say best song EVER, but it's up there for me.

BUT, that solo is probably my all time favorite, out of any guitar solo ever.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Yeah one of my favs along with zero chance (please play in london), burden, blow up, superunknown, spoonman, Rusty, JCP and mind riot.

Oh and switch opens
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    Love it, this whole album is a masterpiece

Overfloater is up there too from Down The Upside
  • this song is my favorite song ever by any band BESIDES PEARL JAM..out of everything excluding pj, this song is godly. just un-fucking-believeable. the vocals are out of this world, the jams are amazing..so edgy..and the lyrics ahhh those lyrics..just something about this song just makes me ahhh i cant even describe it..just that chorus - "she lived like a murder, how she flyed so sweetly, she lived like murder, but she died..just like suicide" ahh and the way chris sings it is so amazing..without a doubt in my mind, best soundgarden song ever..who agrees? or at least has some major love for this song?
    i always thought that rusty cage was their best song ever... even though it's a johnny cash song. but like suicide is indeed a great song.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • webberf1webberf1 Posts: 160
    yes, a brilliant song.

its amazing to think how such a seemingly small event (a bird flying into his door, and suffering a broken neck, and then chris having to put it out of its misery) could inspire such a great a beautiful song. i love the way the lyrics compare love and suicide as having mutual similarities, it provokes great thought.
  • webberf1webberf1 Posts: 160
    i always thought that rusty cage was their best song ever... even though it's a johnny cash song. but like suicide is indeed a great song.
    rusty cage was written by chris cornell. it was cash who did a cover of it.
  • webberf1 wrote:
    rusty cage was written by chris cornell. it was cash who did a cover of it.
    oh ok... i figured somewhere in the back of my head i had it wrong.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • I´d say it´s SounDgARdens best song the way Vitalogy is the best PJ tribute band in southern californina...;)
  • The MaestroThe Maestro Posts: 100
    I agree 100% with this.

End. Of. Discussion.

Cool, I'm glad I'm not alone on this. I love the drums in that song, so intense. And the lyrics are amazing, too.
  • ArtMarsArtMars Posts: 109
    It's definitely one of the best Soundgarden songs!
  • It is one of my favorite SG songs. Also my favorite Matt Cameron drumming of any song.
    NERDS!