who's your favourite artist from the eighties?

13»

Comments

• TrixieCat wrote:
    I liked def leppard too.
    Especially that song Foolin.

I would have killed to have seen them.
    They were huge here.
    They're still around, you know. the lineup's been the same since 1991. it's still a great show.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Pixes, Replacements, Bad Religion, Dead Kennedys.

though when i think 80's music i think flock of seagulls and that new wave stuff. alot of the better 80's bands didnt have 'that 80's' sound. so i kinda forget my favorites bands as being 80's. im not a fan of 80's pop music but it really reminds me of the 80's alot more then the better bands of the time. but when i think 90's i think nirvana, green day, etc and not mariah carey or boys to men or that crap.........werid i guess. 90's pop music doesnt have its own sound i guess like 80's pop music.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    jamie uk wrote:
    The 80's was Adam and the ants, then ac/dc, Def leppard, then Metallica, Anthrax..Megadeth and Slayer....no Duran duran in my collection...sorry.

hahaha!! i just choked on leftover turkey reading this. you rag on duran duran and then come up with adam and the ants. LMFAO!!! :D:p:D

all that metal musta fried your brain mister. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    hahaha!! i just choked on leftover turkey reading this. you rag on duran duran and then come up with adam and the ants. LMFAO!!! :D:p:D

I have to agree with ya, it appears he/she likes metal however Adam Ant?? :D

He was more of a joke in the 80's on Mtv. Luv metal stay metal.

I slipped I should've mentioned Megadeth mostly a different style than Metallica.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    hahaha!! i just choked on leftover turkey reading this. you rag on duran duran and then come up with adam and the ants. LMFAO!!! : D :p:D

all that metal musta fried your brain mister. : D

could've been worse cate.....he could have said a-ah.....;) :p:D
  • GNR
    Metallica
    Soundgarden
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    cutback wrote:
    could've been worse cate.....he could have said a-ah.....;) :p:D
    Who the heck is a-ah......:p
    A-ha...and that one song had that awesome video.
    Adam and the Ants were rather big here. I saw them in New Haven and they rocked the place to the ground. I saw him with the 2 drummers.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Michael Jackson...

End of discussion.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812

I'm not ashamed of liking AATA, I was 11 for crying out loud, they were very cool during the Kings of the wild frontier phase. Looking back now, they were shit soon after, but that album had some good songs, pretty original aswell.
    And sorry, but I did really shit Duran Duran, I hated the sight of the fuckers ,never mind the sound they made.
    My metal fascination came shortly after Adam ATA, AC/DC were amazing in the early 80's, then of course when I saw Metallica with Anthrax supporting..I was a thrasher..!!
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    g under p wrote:
    I have to agree with ya, it appears he/she likes metal however Adam Ant?? :D

He was more of a joke in the 80's on Mtv. Luv metal stay metal.

I slipped I should've mentioned Megadeth mostly a different style than Metallica.

Peace

Ah, so are you saying you're more metal than me then are you..? No chance buddy, forget it.

:p
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • cyndi lauper
    eurythmics
    def leppard
    the cure
    the pixies
    Nice shirt.
  • Violent Femmes
    Sonic Youth
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    The Cure
    Springsteen (he counts in every decade)
    U2
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Tom Waits.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    jamie uk wrote:
    I've never heard of English Beat. We had a band called The Beat...but not English Beat, are they American??

Same band. The Beat were called the English Beat here in the US.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    jamie uk wrote:
    I'm not ashamed of liking AATA, I was 11 for crying out loud, they were very cool during the Kings of the wild frontier phase. Looking back now, they were shit soon after, but that album had some good songs, pretty original aswell.
    And sorry, but I did really shit Duran Duran, I hated the sight of the fuckers ,never mind the sound they made.
    My metal fascination came shortly after Adam ATA, AC/DC were amazing in the early 80's, then of course when I saw Metallica with Anthrax supporting..I was a thrasher..!!

nor should you be . you come on out and be loud and proud baby. :p:D:D

truth be told, i saw adam and the ants twice in 3 days in 1981. for a 16 year old girl they were the shit back then. who didnt want to dress up as some sort of dandy highwayman/pirate. ;):D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    jamie uk wrote:
    Ah, so are you saying you're more metal than me then are you..? No chance buddy, forget it.

:p

Not trying to be, I tend to love all styles of music from heavy metal to reggae as long as there's strong lyrics and musicmanship. I not here to "PROVE YOU WRONG" by HM band PRONG. However, I see no substance in Adam Ant he even turn to what some would call acting in several movies.

We all have choices in music that others would scoff at so if you love him so be it. He was for me something to laugh at, nice make up though. :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Dinosaur Jr
    Sonic Youth
    Guns n Roses
    Metallica

those are my favs.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    The Pixies, underated band, if frank were a cute/skinny guy maybe they were mainstrean.
    Guns and Roses
    Metallica
    Depeche Mode
    New Order
    Nirvana ''bleach album''
    The Police
    Michael Jackson, forget the walkmoon dance, he was an good lyricist
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Shit! :mad:

Everyone knows 80's = Hammer Time!!! :cool:
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    Magstar wrote:
    Wow! Finally! Another Echo And The Bunnymen fan! :D
    Lips like sugar....sugar kisses LOVE THIS SONG

INXS was amazing
    Love Soft Cell- Tainted Love
    Flock Of Seagulls- I ran
    Men Without Hats- Saftey Dance(my favorite 80's pop song ever)
    Don't You Forget about me- simple minds
    Always something there to remind me - naked Eyes
    Hold Me Now/Doctor Doctor- Thompson Twins
    Major Tom- Peter Schilling
    Land Down Under/who can it be now -men at work
    Shout- Tears for fears

many great bands

looking back at the 80 they always get a bad rap and to be honest The nineties had more shitty acts than the 80s
  • U2

The Cure

Pixies

REM

New Order

Tears For Fears

Madonna ( Guilty Pleasure Sadly)

Depeche Mode

The Police

Duran Duran
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • appetite for futhermuckin Destruction
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    depeche mode

tears for fears
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    sj.brodie wrote:
    Although the eighties is remembered for some terrible music, the good ones shouldn't be forgotten! I actually love 'Tunnel Of Love' by Springsteen and that is such a typically 'eighties produced' record (drum machine, cheesy front cover etc) I also like INXS. Does anyone else still listen to eighties music?

George Michael...............
    just kidding........sorry I am SOOOOOOOOOOO bored............

Axl Rose was the eighties.........right? He was the coolest red head guy and the only one I found attractive.........crazy guys seem like fun.........
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........