new found respect for BON JOVI

2»

Comments

• mookie9999 wrote:
    Now why you gotta go and bring up the mighty Neil?!?!!? Forever in Blue Jeans will tear up Livin On A Prayer and Paradise City any day of the week!!!

Bon Jovi Sucks Zebra Cock
    Axl performs reach arounds on hippos
    But Neil Fuckin Diamond is Unstoppable!!!! He needs his own Chuck Norris type website! Long Live Neil!!!

No disrespect to Neil... I just hate that song. And it's not his fault. I guess I started hating it the first time I heard people singing the horn part (Neil: SWEEEET CAROLIIINE Bar: BOM! BOM! BOM!) and then of course the "SO GOOD! SO GOOD! SO GOOD! SO GOOD!" that comes after him singing "Good times never seemed so goooood."

I mean, credit to him for making a song that is so popular that people actually insert words that ARE NOT THERE into the song, but I just fuckin hate it. Sick of it after my first listen.

Other than that, Neil rules. Especially in Saving Silverman.
  • All I know is that Jon Bon Jovi is scary looking on an HDTV. Have you seen those commercials on the MHD channel? Yikes! :eek: He looks like he is 68 years old.

You're crazy...He's still hott as hell.

& As cheesy as they may be, there's no denying they make catchy ass tunes.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    I clicked on here to abuse anyone who sings the praises of Jon Bon Blow Me,
    but were you Bon Jovi guys actually comparing his talents to Axl Rose's?????

YOu've gotta be kidding me

He may be a more normal guy, and the media loves him, and he can sell out Giants Stadium with 60,000 18yr old girls, and all, but have you ever actually heard anyone of any musical talent describe this guy as anything but a stage performer?

Axl Rose for all the shit he stirs up and pisses off people is on another planet( quite literally) when it comes to musical ability

Sorry Jovi boys, but the sooner you realize this the better off you'd be
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    Axl Rose for all the shit he stirs up and pisses off people is on another planet( quite literally) when it comes to musical ability

Well even though I think GNR is light years ahead of Bon Jovi, I don't know if what you said there is true. I'd say as a lyricist, JBJ has a slight edge over Axl... they both consistently write average lyrics, but JBJ has a few songs that are a little bit better lyrically than Axl's best songs. Both can sing very well, but comparing their singing is like comparing apples and oranges. And JBJ can play guitar better than Axl can play the piano, so...

I'm not saying... I'm just saying. You have to give credit where credit is due.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    DOSW wrote:
    Well even though I think GNR is light years ahead of Bon Jovi, I don't know if what you said there is true. I'd say as a lyricist, JBJ has a slight edge over Axl... they both consistently write average lyrics, but JBJ has a few songs that are a little bit better lyrically than Axl's best songs. Both can sing very well, but comparing their singing is like comparing apples and oranges. And JBJ can play guitar better than Axl can play the piano, so...

I'm not saying... I'm just saying. You have to give credit where credit is due.

I don't know about some of this bro. As a lyricist, I don't pretend to study Jovi's lyrics, I only know his first few albums, but there's nothing on there that strikes me a special, but you can peak at Axl's lyrics to Coma or Locomotive to name a few, where I believe I can justify my Planets ahead comment. Both are good performers and Bon Jovi has a lot more respect for his fans obviously, but I think comparing these two musically is silly.

JBJ plays guitar better than Axl plays piano???????? In the words of the immortal John Bender.....NOT EVEN CLOSE BUD!!!!
    I'll keep taking punches
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    I don't know about some of this bro. As a lyricist, I don't pretend to study Jovi's lyrics, I only know his first few albums, but there's nothing on there that strikes me a special, but you can peak at Axl's lyrics to Coma or Locomotive to name a few, where I believe I can justify my Planets ahead comment. Both are good performers and Bon Jovi has a lot more respect for his fans obviously, but I think comparing these two musically is silly.

JBJ plays guitar better than Axl plays piano???????? In the words of the immortal John Bender.....NOT EVEN CLOSE BUD!!!!

When I was much younger and didn't "like" music, I used to listen to a lot of Bon Jovi, so I do know quite a bit, sadly. What I meant when comparing the two as lyricists was that even though they are both pretty average, JBJ's best lyrics (Dry County, Right Side of Wrong... there are others) are better than Axl's best lyrics (Coma, Estranged, etc.). That's really a matter of opinion though. I mean, the lyrics to trash like Have a Nice Day are awful, but so are the lyrics to the abomination that is Get in the Ring (worst... song... ever). And don't even get me started on One in a Million... even You Give Love a Bad Name is miles ahead of that trash.

I still stand by the idea that Jon plays guitar better than Axl plays piano. And for the record, Coma is unquestionably GNR's masterpiece.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    wonder if the Bon Jovi boys will be showing up at this :

TICKET ALERT: BOBBY B'S ALL STAR HOLIDAY CONCERT
    Tickets on sale Tuesday at noon
    On December 12, The Bobby Bandiera All Star Holiday Concert is coming to the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, NJ. Tickets go on sale Tuesday, November 21, at noon through the Count Basie Theatre box office or by telephone at (732) 842-9000. Tickets are priced at $250, $100 and $50, There will be a limit of 4 tickets per person, will call only night of the show only (buyers will need to present ID when picking up their tickets). Showtime is 8 p.m.

The Bobby Bandiera All Star Holiday Concert is presented by Concerts East and the Joan Dancy & PALS (People with ALS) Support Group, with all proceeds to benefit the latter. Organized by Terry Magovern, the charity is named for the late Joan Dancy, who died from ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) in 2005. PALS is a grassroots organization that helps and provides assistance, services and programs that support ALS patients and their families. PALS also aims to aid patients by loans of equipment, to award direct monetary grants to ALS patients and / or their families, to enlarge the body of ALS knowledge, to educate the general public on the disease and to encourage scientific research for the prevention, alleviation, care, treatment and cure of ALS patients.

For additional information, visit Concertseast.com.

Bobby B has been touring w/ Bon Jovi- so its a very good chance- almost as much a chance as Bruce showing up .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • i'll deny it all day long.

cheese. pure cheese. hey, if that's your thing then go for it. i'm lactose intolerant. i also have a hard time understanding how someone can like a GOOD band like pearl jam, and also a TERRIBLE "band" like bon jovi. but a lot of things confuse me.

It's quite simple really. Not every band a person listens to has to be on the same level. Some bands you love because they are amazing musically & lyrically...& some bands you listen to because they have catchy tunes & that's as far as it goes.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
    DOSW wrote:
    When I was much younger and didn't "like" music, I used to listen to a lot of Bon Jovi, so I do know quite a bit, sadly. What I meant when comparing the two as lyricists was that even though they are both pretty average, JBJ's best lyrics (Dry County, Right Side of Wrong... there are others) are better than Axl's best lyrics (Coma, Estranged, etc.). That's really a matter of opinion though. I mean, the lyrics to trash like Have a Nice Day are awful, but so are the lyrics to the abomination that is Get in the Ring (worst... song... ever). And don't even get me started on One in a Million... even You Give Love a Bad Name is miles ahead of that trash.

I still stand by the idea that Jon plays guitar better than Axl plays piano. And for the record, Coma is unquestionably GNR's masterpiece.

Fair Enough I suppose - We will not convince each other obviously - Enjoy you man untill the cows come home and I'll keep waiting for Chinese Democracy to surface!
    I'll keep taking punches
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I remember always being a very popular song in the mid 90's and loving it!! always singing it and getting really into it.... man I had a sad childhood! :D

by the way how can someone suck zebra ass? if anyone can its JBJ for sure..... what am arse he is. He could the my most hated person in the whole wide world.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    DOSW wrote:
    I mean, the lyrics to trash like Have a Nice Day are awful, but so are the lyrics to the abomination that is Get in the Ring (worst... song... ever).
    just for the record..Axl only wrote the rant on that track..the lyrics were by Duff.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677

Other than that, Neil rules. Especially in Saving Silverman.

Just a side note about Neil. By personal request, he wants all concert security (even those at the front of the stage) to have their eyes on him. Apparently he doesn't like to look at the back of heads and isn't concerned about some 68 year old storming the stage during "America".
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    sucking elephant dicks, hippo reach arounds, this thread is too funny

oh yeah, both bon jovi and gnr are proficient at both. anybody saying otherwise is kidding themselves. . .axl is the biggest duesche bag on the planet
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Can we please not mention Guns N' Roses in the same breath as Bon Jovi?

They are so far apart on the musical spectrum it's not even funny.

Anyone who thinks so is in fact, a fucking idiot.
    Both pretty much suck monkey nuts. I'd categorize them together. Monkey nut suckers.